Landraces of India

Inflation reduction act etc…lol

2 Likes

Granted, Hitler killed most of his grinding them against the Russians.

2 Likes

What bothers me the most is that while the Swastika is reviled (as it well should be) and Hitler is considered the worst dictator ever, Stalin’s crimes barely rate a footnote in the history books, and Mao often doesn’t even get mentioned. People fly the Hammer and Sickle un-ironically, even as they compare everyone to Hitler.

2 Likes

Some sources estimate Stalin killed 30 million of his own people. When you include the fatalities of World War II, up to 50 million Russians died of unnatural causes during his tyrannical reign.

2 Likes

He’s tied with Mao in that department. As bad as Hitler was, Stalin killed more people during just his purges than Hitler did over the course of the entire war. You can also pin the majority of the 11 million Soviet KIA during the war him; he purged scores of experienced generals. The USSR suffered horrendous casualties in during Operation Barbarossa.
Sorry to ramble. The scale of WW2 is absolutely astounding.

4 Likes

Back to Indian Landraces…some photos coming…

6 Likes

Matori

17 Likes

CM_Kali

14 Likes

![20220824_181623|666x500(upload://oEZlclPjYMSqPIGg2l1MfSBhaM5.jpeg) ![20220824_180528|666x500](upload://akPb5SgiMkLxrsndzSVctj
East Manipur/ Burma border.

18 Likes

![20220824_180502|666x50(upload://vQLcGk98K82UIv7wvJ9u47d2qZH.jpeg)

Assam. Green and Red phenos

18 Likes

What is cm kali?

1 Like

I think this is a cross of Critical Mass x Kali Mist………

2 Likes

Thank you all for sharing your wonderful pictures. I love the Indian landraces and just picked up the North East and Eastern India Tour book bundle from Fullpower selections. I also have some of their Sheelavathi seeds which I might try sooner just because they’re older seeds, and the shorter flower period doesn’t hurt. Have a wonderful day everyone.

10 Likes

Assam. Red pheno. In flower since july 8th

28 Likes

You could have said that was some of your Oaxaca, and it would have been believed. They are both the same species, subspecies and variation, like all NLD. Isn’t it also known as the “Assam Hashplant?”

2 Likes

Sure does look like some Oaxaca. Moroccan looks awfully similar too. This particular Assam is a ganja strain. There are three phenotypes. One with bigger normal flowers, the red phenotypes pictured above which are tall stretchy plants and finally an intermediate phenotype with qualities of both of them. Flowering time is somewhere around 12 to 16 weeks. The buds on the plants with bigger flowers are fruity smelling. Pics coming.

7 Likes

Sudan volunteers coming along. 3 made the cut. No males unfortunately, but there are plenty of options for a hybrid.

23 Likes

Rasol Village from Khalifa. She has now surpassed the roof and I haven’t measured but am guessing in the 10-12ft range currently.

Two seeds were planted which turned into one female and one male and as soon as the female shows more pistils she’ll get a bit of dusting from her partner. This should produce enough seeds to share with anyone here interested in growing this one out.

They are both monsters and have withstood over 100°F, strong monsoon winds, and even a marble sized hail storm last month. Super lanky and lots of nice side branching. I actually topped them at around 3-4ft tall so it’s been quite the stretch so far.

30 Likes

Wow, thats incredible! What a great looking strain! I’d be so happy to be the owner of that monster there. Congrats

4 Likes

I have about 50 rasoli
I want to plant them all at once

5 Likes