Landraces of India

What was the flowering time on her
Looks great bro

3 Likes

The stongest plant is very potent KO dreamland high for me. Its the looser of the 2 pictured flower samples. Took me by surprise the first smoke and the 2nd night I confirmed the potency. I’ll be working on isolating this pheno.
@Papalag they were easy to grow. Still haven’t smoked the wheat phenos. 12 weeks flowering. My guess is that this Assam is originally from the mts to the North of Assam, selected for ganja. The taste and smell are unique but familiar. Starfruit maybe…some kind of tropical fruit. I taste a little manipuri in there too.

13 Likes

Great for me that’s very doable Iam Intrigued

3 Likes

Krikeys! It took me all day long to get through this great thread.
I had way to much going on when it stated to allow myself to drop in, as I would suddenly go Alice, and tumble down the rabbit hole of long flowering Asian genetics.
I’ve not grown anything from India, and am very intrigued now, and made a list of queries.
Thanks to all who shared their info, tips and tricks.

8 Likes

Those are Lolab Valley Kashmir. The Pulwama have sativa and Indica phenos. The Indica pheno looks very pck like in color at least. I never saw pinks in any cannabis except pck and pulwama kashmir, which is nearby Chitral where PCK is from. Is it common elsewhere? I couldn’t upload the picture i had in mind to show you but discovered since then it was a Pulwama hybrid pic and not a pure one anyway. I’ll find the pictures of the pure ones at some point to show you. Pretty plants you have. I thought it had pink in it but with a second look i see it is purple only.

3 Likes

There were shades of pink and maroon in some of the nugs , my phone takes horrible pictures.
I would agree they probably share some relation either in the distant or not so distant past. I have some lolab valley beans I wanna pop but have a few other things in need to get to first. What was the flowering time like in those and are they from Indian land race exchange ?

3 Likes

Sorry for the late reply. Those photos are seedless flowers. The calyxes are very small and so is the resin.
@RoryBorealis it would make a wild cross for sure. It’s likely to happen in the future because I will be growing both of them regularly.

I think there’s probably some truth to this statement. Many exceptions of course but overall pretty true in the landrace world.

Could be. I’d love to know someday for sure. I do think Assam genetics have moved around. Much more to grow and learn about, but everytime I grow a new landrace now it usually reminds me of a different one.

4 Likes

I forecast major magic carpet ride vibes from that near future Assamxacan cross.

4 Likes

All NLD landraces share the same south Indian common ancestor. It seems like south India is one of the most overlooked cannabis hotspots, despite being the original cannabis hotspot.

1 Like

Are you sure about that? It seems the Southeast Asian gene pool is a separate one from that of India. Both of them stem from Tibet originally

2 Likes

I think there’s quite a few of them in the works😁
I made over 50 hybrids this summer

11 Likes

My landrace variety BRAMHA from western ghats of India

Following are the VARIETY details -

PRESERVATION OF INDIAN LANDRACE
                     " BRAMHA LANDRACE"

GENETICS - PURE SATIVA PLANT FROM WESTERN GHATS OF INDIA.

ELEVATION - 4248ft(1295m)

SEEDS - SEEDS ARE REGULAR ND HAND PICKED.

YIELDS -
EXTREMELY HIGH YIELDING PLANT.

FLOWERING TIME-
FLOWERING TIME OF BRAMHA IS BETWEEN 12 WEEKS

AROMA-
AROMAS OF BRAMHA FLOWERS ARE VERY DIFFERENT, SMELL IS VERY IDENTICAL TO GUAVA FRUIT, BUT ITS VERY DIFFERENT THAN NORMAL CANNABIS FLOWERS.

HIGH -

BRAMHA FLOWERS ARE VERY POTENT THEY HAS SOME EFFECTS IN THE BEGINNING YOU MIGHT FEEL YOU ARE GETTING STONED WITH FULL BODY HEAVY EFFECTS BUT LATER ON THIS BUZZ CAN BE FELT IN FOREHEAD WHICH LATER ON GIVES FEELING OF UPLIFTING AND ACTIVE BODY, YOU MIGHT LAUGH A LOT ,HEAVY EYES, HALLUCINATING EFFECTS, SOMETIMES IN EXTREME CONDITIONS THE COLOUR DIFFERENCE IS ALSO NOTICED.

SMOKE-

SMOKE OF BRAMHA FLOWERS IS TOO SMOOTH,YOU WILL FEEL LIKE YOU ARE SMOKING SOMETHING WHICH IS VERY SIMILAR TO GUAVA FRUIT, HAS A MIXED BLENDS OF DIFFERENT SWEET FRUITS WHICH CANT BE IDENTIFIED.

27 Likes

Looks beautiful! What part if the world is that plant in the pictures? Are they current pics as of now?

6 Likes

@Tracker thank you so much

yeah brother that pics are just 2 weeks old, that bramha plant is growing in USA.

6 Likes

Really great looking plants there! The description of the high is very interesting as I’ve not yet experienced an initial heavy body sensation that turns into an active body feeling. That might be a great after work smoke to to melt away some stress but then get motivated to get some chores done. Sounds great to me.

4 Likes

@deeez99 Yes brother its one of my best varieties and even i love this variety personally, yeah after work it’s a great variety to have, sometimes it gives hallucination effects too.
It’s a great variety to smoke before going to cinema as well :slightly_smiling_face::laughing:

This BRAMHA fresh beans stock available with me

9 Likes

what’s the high like on this one? more sativa or indica? I’ve never seen such a brilliant shade of pink

1 Like

Looks beautiful my brother

1 Like

Here is my outdoor grow of seeded BRAHMA photographed at week 8. I had 2 males, currently 3 females. I am pleasantly surprised by the trichome coverage. We are now starting week 10. The red stem expressions has me thinking there will be some very interesting cerebral effects. Big thanks to @Shiv9545 .

20 Likes

I don’t want to speak for Shiv but since he isn’t here I’ll guess its probably got both Indica And Sativa phenos like other area landraces. If you haven’t googled Bungus Valley, Kashmir, you shouid. Epic scenery.

6 Likes