Landraces of India

I meant to say my cousin’s son yanked that Oaxaca plant last weekend. I just missed getting to see it in person again. He had it hanging in the garage and I noticed it still had white hairs. Many strains when they are nailed with 3 hard frost in a row the hairs will turn red and no longer be able to accept pollen and the plant is done growing essentially. This Oaxaca took those 3 frosts…and would have kept going

12 Likes

Wow…good to know

2 Likes

The more I hear about Manipuri, the more interested I become. It sounds like a hardy, quintessential sativa.

5 Likes

It’s a tough plant. Next year I will do things differently. Fortunately I have taken lots of cuttings. This one is a desirable pheno I think, a little faster.

5 Likes

Your soil will collect them and they will sprout next spring, more resilient and adapted to your environment.

If you wanna preserve landraces then you’ll have to do it same way they were created, naturally, wildly.

How can you possibly create resilient cannabis when you baby every seed like an overbearing mother. (Talking in general, not aimed at anyone in particular.)

You can always put a pair of stockings over a couple of branches during the day, shake vigorously to collect the seeds or let the wind work for you and remove them at dusk, so they don’t collect more dew.

6 Likes

High altitude ganja rocks. Hardy enough for most climates. Unique endocannabinoid effects. Add to that, you are that guy with the trippy Nat Geo weed. :sunglasses: :evergreen_tree: :mountain_snow: :flying_saucer:

9 Likes

Funny that you should say this…I think some strains are specifically breed to be very hard/expensive to grow. Say for instance they were breed to work in an aeroponic setup with the most expensive nutes possible while blasting the root stimulators and specific light spectrums. Like, the specific strain was breed to be intentionally difficult…:fishing_pole_and_fish:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Gotta be careful i don’t introduce an invasive species to my area. Last thing I want is rogue pollen nailing my plants. I got this strain specifically because I knew it would do well in New York State. Too well in fact.
I have a VERY isolated spot for a wild population. A field with 5 miles of woods/ 3500 ft tall mts in every direction.
The other thing is these won’t finish in the ground here yet. They just finished about a week ago, far too late for where I live. Plants sprouting in the ground would have to be dug up or they would die before finishing. It’s easier for me to control where the plant grows

8 Likes

“Dude WHAT is that smell? Where can I find some of this sh*t? Whoa…” ~steadies themselves~

Me: ~stares in Llama~

5 Likes

Bingo. That part.

1 Like

Likely the result of too many unnecessary applications of fertilizer etc. Like the kids of this country today. Ruined by having too much/ being spoiled rotten. I grew a few BBS s1 plants this year alongside my landraces. They were sissies. 1 died from frost( my tropical sativas lived) and the remaining two plants wanted treatments i was not going to offer them. The plants were like a druggy really. Without their drugs they couldn’t fire on all cylinders. Oaxaca high is better too. Much better

7 Likes

Those tropical sativas are the kids that learned how to start a fire without matches, and catch fish in the stream with basic gear.

3 Likes

Lolab Valley Kashmir harvest( 2 weeks late to finish seed)
The Purple bud plant is very strong full body/ head high dried on my dashboard. Haven’t had the others yet. Purple is my favorite anyway. It’s what I was looking for😁
Zero mold. Not much fungus of any kind… with the exception being a small bit of leaf fungus

23 Likes

Got a little frost I see. Didn’t hurt it much!

4 Likes

They survived many frosts. 10.maybe, with no damage. A freeze slighly miscolored the tips but not even a burned leaf

6 Likes

The eastern Manipur Burma is very drought tolerant,if you gave her to much water she would curl but you could let them sit dry in the pot for days on end with no wilt , some truly unique plants with great bud site structures :grin:

7 Likes

This is their best trait imo. Flavor is a close second.

4 Likes

Sorry i missed this post. Flowering time was hard for me to judge but was more than the 50 days ILE mentions, likely due to our premature cold snap here and the plants having to recover and finish their Flowering under a diminished ny sun. I’d try those sooner rather than later. They need no care and are easily hidden if needed. Plant straight into garden soil, water, let dry, repeat
…over and over. Takes up to a month to germinate but most come up between weeks 1 and 3.
This Lolab valley hails from further North than The Pulwama kashmir and is closer to chitral than Pulwama, yet looks less related or unrelated. Here’s a couple screenshots to show the location of the two regions and finally the Pulwama plants that remind me of Chitral, at least in color. Never seen those pinks outside n pakistan/ kashmir.

14 Likes

Purple Lolab Valley. Dry and ready to cure. Strong smoke. Surprised it’s so strong. Not much lemon flavor yet but its there. A cure will bring it out i hope 20221115_190011|666x500

Full body/ mind high.

26 Likes

A lot of bud anymore is tailored to indoor growing and high THC content, at the expense of fewer and fewer differences between even strains anymore. Unfortunately, this homogenization is probably going to get worse before it gets better.

7 Likes