Landraces of India

Matori

25 Likes

Pleased to be able to join everyone here. :sunglasses:

14 Likes

Hello all! I just made my first order of some Indian landrace seeds. Meghalaya and Wanz are the two Indianseeds97 from IG recommended for Mango Terps. I believe they are :100: Sativa. Has anyone here grown these before or have any information on them. I’m excited for them to come. Hopefully they don’t take too long so I can start some outside this year, then finish inside. Can’t wait…

3 Likes

@Dirt_Wizard Swamps and Southern NE. Sounds like where I grew up. You in MA?

2 Likes

Central-Western MA born and raised baby, I’m a swamp boy grew up poaching beavers with my dad. From the greater Quabbin area, we’ll say that.

4 Likes

Ah! yes. I know the Quabbn area. I’m more of a Brockton/Bridgewater area originally and now in RI

3 Likes

There are Meghalaya pics up above. Should be a good one. Haven’t heard of wanz yet. Seeds usually take four weeks or so to show up if sent right away

3 Likes

I’ve got this one also it’s in rotation for the beginning of the year

I believe it’s 16 to 18 weeks

It may take a bit to get here but it’s worth the time

5 Likes

Do you have a grow journal?

1 Like

How’s the Meghalaya plant doing? Any mango terps coming off the stem rub? What’s it smell like? I just ordered some seeds. I can’t wait to see what I find, hopefully mango terps!

4 Likes

Gave the last Malana a torture test today, snapped off half the lower branches, broke over the main ones, topped everything. I need her to be wider and it’s been topped twice, though the narrow pot is also probably limiting her natural spread. I’m curious to see how she handles the stress, probably with ease based on what I’ve seen so far when it comes to vigor. I did notice an interesting characteristic of the main stems when I snapped them, unlike any other plant I’ve grown so far the skin was not attached to the woody stem underneath, it slid right off smoothly when the break happened, with a sort of wet mucilage layer between the inner fibrous mass and the stem’s outer leathery skin. Very odd, much more like an elm tree or something than a cannabis plant. I wonder what that adaptation is for? Any guesses?

13 Likes

Perhaps it is an adaptation to the monsoon rains of India, coupled with the strong winds of the high altitude region. Did that particular plant exhibit any other unique characteristics such as terpenes or effects after consuming it?

3 Likes

I haven’t put any of these into flower yet, the other two are outside and this one will get flowered inside most likely. Ask me in four months or more?

4 Likes

Ok, cool. Looking forward to the second stage.

3 Likes

Here is one that I’ve been basically torturing inside with repeated defoliation, toppings and branch breaking, along with restriction in a 2G cloth pot, she’s doing just fine and not showing any sort of intersex that I can see yet. Her outdoor sisters are growing large and delicately branching, I’ll get you a photo of mine behind the garage tomorrow but for now here’s the indoor survivor:

12 Likes

Perhaps some ancestry coming from Hempy plants? Seems like a good quality for fiber removal. Just a guess. I’m trying to think about how that could help the plant deal with pests somehow, but can’t come up with anything yet.
It would help the plant be very flexible

3 Likes

That makes sense! I could see it being a useful trait for dual use plants. I did find some stuff on “bark slippage” in orchard grafting guides, I guess it’s a particular stage of growth that’s extended or engaged by rain, and I’ve been keeping these very moist constantly, so I imagine that it’s the mature plant making nice supple new growth all the time and keeping the woodier stems slippery too.

@RoryBorealis here’s a sister Malana behind the garage, she needs a bigger pot and some tying down soon to keep it below the fence:

13 Likes

Start bending the stems, now. Train them horizontally. How many hours of direct sunlight is hitting that garage wall?

3 Likes

Nice branchy Malana. Is it sexed?

2 Likes

@Upstate Yea I got three for three ladies!

4 Likes