Landraces of India

Looking for your opinion on the 4 Odisha’s I have going.

3 fit the bill of super thin sativa leaf set, then this one odd ball with indica looking leaf set.

Is this common for landraces to express indica looking traits early on?

9 Likes

It’s not uncommon to show early fat leaves, but not mid growth onward. Something brings cbd to the table with odisha, maybe something Himalayan, thus fat leaves early. Just keep an eye on it.

4 Likes

Thanks, I only plan to veg for a couple weeks. I will stay on alert.

Really? I didn’t think about Odisha as a CBD expressive plant.
Is it common for Landraces to have higher CBD levels?
Maybe with them getting more UV from the higher elevations in Odisha’s original environment.

2 Likes

Uncommon for tropical landraces. Up to 3% cbd for Odisha. I think they mixed something local and Tropical with something Himalayan long ago. For this one, it’s supposed to be there if legit. Only other tropical I know of with cbd is Panama Red, a likely hybrid.
Cbd is common in the Himalayas, Afghanistan and Pakistan, and other nearby countries like Iran and Uzbekistan, Middle Eastern/ Turkish.

6 Likes

Damn, @Dirt_Wizard that plant has a mighty chunky stem, for being grown in such a tiny pot! Talk about over achieving :star_struck:

2 Likes

Very cool. Thanks for the information.
Really appreciate it! :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

Later down the road I want to run some Acapulco Gold and Panama Red.

2 Likes

Yea these Malana are really impressive with their vigor right from seed and the toughness I’m used to from an indica on a sativa frame. Pretty neat and I see why they call it sativa hashplant

5 Likes

Consumption of bhang and ganja in British India. and of charas in British India and in the Indian States, 1923-1947​

3 Likes

10 Likes

5 Likes

Fusarium wilt is best handled by inoculating early with Trichoderma
(Williams organic wonder)
It’s interesting to see what the plant can do in a healthy environment.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Two unsexed Odisha Valley from @Budderton

Really thin leaves on this first one. These are at 9 weeks still in 1gal containers as I’ve been waiting for them to show sex but they just don’t seem to be any bit of a hurry.

One female “Own Collection D” also from @Budderton

30 Likes

Two unsexed Kullu from Khalifa Genetics

These are about 14 weeks in and they’re still keeping their gender a secret. I’m pretty impressed with the one on the right as it had started out super slow and runty which is why I planted an extra one on the left.

One female Kullu in the middle that’s been cruising along it a 20 gal fabric pot. Might be tricky snapping some good pics with these plants so close together once they get larger.

22 Likes

Odisha valley look outstanding, love the razor thin leaves - may i ask how many hours of direct sun do they get?

8 Likes

Yeah, I think it might be a long haul with those. Very cool looking plants but I hope you have a long season where your at.
:grin::v:

9 Likes

@deeez99 your plants are looking top notch!
Mad respect for having the patience to grow these long flowering sativas!
Sending you loads of positive vibes …:v:t3::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Odisha
Day 22
Up potted today from cup. Feed light nutes for the first time today. Topping soon at 5th node on all.
Two troublemakers in the beginning now corrected on newer growths. They will only be in these larger cups for two weeks maybe three depending on their overall health before going into 1 gal. Up pot again to 3 gal at 8-9 week of flower for root health.

Flip on 7/12 expected end of flowering 12/20ish

18 Likes

Thanks @US3RNAM3 they have been recently moved to a spot where it’s currently getting direct sun for about 6 hours and shade in the late afternoon now that we’re getting into some scorching heat.

Appreciate the kind words @iceman I just love these types of plants. I have a handful more Indian strains to work through over the next year or so that I’m really looking forward to.

8 Likes

Odisha valley
1 female for sure in the SIP other two unsure

Sheberghan Balkh I’m pretty sure these are Indian? One on the right is female not sure about the other one.

23 Likes

Odisha Day 31
All did great for getting topped. I’m behind schedule but they will get up potted in a couple days.

I haven’t seen branches grow like this before. Very cool trait on these plants.

18 Likes