Landraces of India

I think in addition to everyone liking the “weird” heirlooms and landraces people are going to realize they have missed the unique array of secondary metabolites which have become rare in the modern cannabis scene. Ancestral cannabis to soothe ones ancestral soul in the modern world. It’s enjoyable to see your Manala Village starting to flower. The bartering idea and concept is so awesome. Very cool perspective and approach towards living life and being. Much love

11 Likes

“Ancestral cannabis to soothe ones ancestral soul in the modern world. It’s enjoyable to see your Manala Village starting to flower.”

Indeed it is. Some plants give off straight up, primordial energy. The echoes of the primal man in one’s cells resonate with that experience. It’s a very subtle, non-verbal experience.

11 Likes

I’ve had this experience one time and yes i agree it is real. To think instead of prohibiting it, theyve been nurturing it for most of the last 10,000+ years.

11 Likes

Yes. Nothing but gratitude. The spontaneous transcendental properties of such moments, reminds me of some the most face-melting cloud formations that I’ve seen recently. I didn’t want to photograph them. Instead, I rode that momentary bliss wave to a simple pleasure.

9 Likes

Odisha Valley B

Odisha Valley D

Nice sparkle on those leaves already.

26 Likes

Let’s hope so. The old timer say warmer than average august colder than average september and vice versa. We had a very cool August.

You won’t have to worry about mold with this one. They’re pretty bomb proof.

Nope. Just us cool people in the know :sunglasses:. :rofl:

4 Likes

Arrakku Valley (seeds via @iceman :pray:)

I’ve got three females going, this one here is the most vigorous, thinnest leaves and most branching. They are in 0.75gal pots and still growing well. The stem rub is herbal, musky, with a bit of underlying fruitiness.

I’ve now got to figure out how to tame the beast so it can be brought inside to finish over the winter. I’m thinking about cutting a big 1ft clone from the top of the plant, rooting under 12/12 then transplant and finish out. I may also prune the plant back to the first couple nodes and try to train those in a way that the whole plant can be brought inside. Anyone have input on the best way to go about this?

Cheers,

-Greenbeans

24 Likes

Ended up cutting the big clone , will keep you guys posted :v:

16 Likes

Probably a good idea. You could still chop the plant back and see how that goes. I’m in the same predicament. Thinking of cutting the whole plant into lots of clones one day and then thinking about how to dig the whole plant up the next. Keep me posted.
I thought about transplanting the plant and putting the rootball in sideways…at a slight pitch…

4 Likes

Kudos on the wedding veil material for protection. It’s definitely a good barrier of protection for young plants against bugs eating them up.

1 Like

I like the sound of that, all those side branches would probably grow up into their own tops eh? Be cool to get the plant completely 90° but I don’t know if that would be possible without breaking the main stem.

Please keep me posted on yours aswell :v: What kind of sativa genetics are you working with?

1 Like

@RoryBorealis that is actually greenhouse plastic , trying to create a bit of a humidity dome for the clone . I’ve heard that wedding veil stuff being used for insect protection, may have to give it a go… from what I see online it’s some pretty cheap stuff too!

3 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up. The wedding veil material is very good at keeping insects away from young plants. When I first began using it, it would prevent the red clay dirt from splashing up onto the plants during heavy rains. That was back when I was experimenting with mixing the local clay soil into my grow mix. Before transplanting them outdoors and into the wedding veil material, I would build up the protective microbe layer forcefield with lactobacilli. This terroir has crazy amounts of bugs and crazy humidity. Subtropical is just another way of saying jungle-lite.

3 Likes

What percentage of native soil would you say is best to incorporate into a soil mix? I’ve been thinking that could have a positive effect in living soil.

It depends on the soil constitution. My area is red clay, so I have side stepped that stuff completely. If you don’t have clay soil, then go with 60% native black dirt and blend in coir, worm castings and rice hulls for aeration. River stones at the bottom provide trace minerals.

Yeah we have clay… but I was thinking a little say 5% might have a positive effect. I’d be interested to see if there’s a benefit. Sometimes it can be beneficial to have soil that doesn’t dry so fast.

1 Like

You can add beneficial microbes through lactobacili or KNF. Once you get a healthy colony going, like an ant farm, it keeps going on it’s own.

1 Like

Hey @greenbeans506 , here’s an Arrakku Valley(@iceman ) female that I have flowering inside. About 4 wks post flip and lightly touched by a Malawi Gold male.

Best of luck with your clone!:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:
:v::canada:

22 Likes

Very nice!! Looks to be a similar phenotype just judging by the branching and leaf shape :call_me_hand: best of luck with those Malawi seeds man . I’ve been debating dusting her once there’s a bit more pistil action, but also may go full sensimilla since I’ve never smoked this kind of landrace sativa. Wouldn’t even know where to start with genetic selection for the matchup

Cheers,

-greenbeans

3 Likes

I have a couple large Tirah Valley Amalgamated × Peshawar plants That popped up out of a pile of dirt I dumped out after a winter grow.

15 Likes