Landraces of India

I grew Malana a couple years back. Plants didn’t finish here in the Catskills, but seeds did.
Early frosts and freezes that year. Plants got tall. 10-14 feet in an average location with fair sun.

8 Likes

How would you classify fair sun? 6-8 hours direct light?

Why don’t you just use a bit of up-potting and constrain the container size — maybe employ a bit of LST?

I can’t catch much of a buzz off of these new ones… Is there a good one you recommend? I get 15 minutes of heart palpitations and then just relaxed/ blah. I know there’s great modern stuff out there…I’m talking about dispensary stuff friends give me.
I guess I need to grow my own
@US3RNAM3 10-4 sun

2 Likes

Clay is a bitch to work. We have red clay nearby in Delaware County. Probably not quite as sticky as yours, but close. I used to guerrilla grow in that area. I had to add lots of aged manure, peat moss and perlite( or a bale of pro mix bx) Horse manure is best for heavy clay soils because it’s very airy. Much moreso than the other major manures like cow, sheep or Pig. It really fluffs up the soil. A bag of peat was handy too. I mixed in wood ash to raise ph. A pound will raise the ph of a 10×10 patch 1 point. I dug deep, so I used 2 pounds.
Soil PH is about 5.5 or so. I figured my ferts dropped the ph a point, and wood ash brought it up 2. Purely a guess, but the weed was always happy.

8 Likes

Lolab Valley volunteers
Buds are bigger on them this year. Nice strong lemon smell. Tastes like lemons, too.

Meangreen week 30.

Buds are finally swelling. Still short on resin

27 Likes

Thanks dude! I think it has to do with either pheno or sun exposure, this is my sister Malana Village in a pot behind my garage, she doesn’t get that much light and flipped earlier (or this pheno would anyways, IDK):

20 Likes

The other one is in the ground, this one’s in a 5G trade size Pro-Gro pot, once she exhausted that soils she’s gotten a mix of organic liquid feeds and topdressing, along with lots of Jack’s 10-30-20, which I’m going to transition out for just kelp and langbeinite soon.

(That’s the view from my garage smoking rocker through the window to my right six feet)

12 Likes

Looks like you can get some firewood for the winter out of that tree too! :rofl:

5 Likes

Yes, where I live we have varved clay soils from an enormous glaicier melt-fed prehistoric lake that drained to become the farming river valley it is today. It’s excellent soil for growing in because of the high CEC and the combination of drainage and hygroscopic power that you get from the alternating clay silt and sand lenses. Varvs (a Swedish word from when settlers got to New England and recognized the soil type) are formed by glacial melt in the summer flooding the lakes they form with silty mineral filled water. The sand drops almost immediately, but the clay fines drop in the winter when the freeze over stops wind stirring and the water turbidity drops, forming the clay layer.

IMG_4374

The soil type is described as:

“Coarse-silty, mixed, superactive, nonacid, mesic Typic Udifluvents”

Udifluvent means regularly flooded, and superactive soils have a cation exchange capacity (by NH4OAC at pH 7) to clay (percent by weight) ratio of 0.60 or more.

11 Likes

Neat. Sounds similar to Schoharie Valley. It was a glacial lake. Soil is amongst the world’s most fertile and can be 30 feet deep or more. Doesn’t look like your soil though. That’s really neat someone figured out how the layers happened in your soil.

2 Likes

I’ve experience with RSC Parvati 2008, don’t know if 2017/18 is still the same, but at the time I found three aroma phenotypes sweeter carrot, orange and typical hash aroma.This plant was in 2010 in the greenhouse.

19 Likes

It is stratified in strata, it is very good with respect to nutrition, river loam is an uncommon addition to the substrates, but it is quite similar to these strata, although it is all mixed, not stratified. In river marl you also have a clay rich in organic matter, a mixed silt of organic and mineral matter and a mineral sand. which is sometimes rich in exchange silicates. which act by improving the state of nutrients in the soil by transforming, for example, ammonium ions and nitrates. in nitrites and forms assimilated by plants, although ferio loam has more microlife that helps the development of plants.
This mixture is very good with nutrients, but also with watering cycles

7 Likes

Man, that’s some good stuff. It sounds similar to the soil composition of Gilgit-Baltistan and the areas of northern Pakistan and India.

3 Likes

Odisha Valley
Middle of week 9 - 11/13 lighting.

Have to get her under the light again.

36 Likes

You’re doing a great job. :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks brotha! :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:
Hope you’re having a relaxing weekend!

1 Like

Hi guys
I found this article thought :thought_balloon: it interesting :face_with_raised_eyebrow: https://cannabislifenetwork.com/best-weed-strain-india/

6 Likes

Should be a MUCH longer bucket list.
Arakku valley
Orissa( odisha) Gold
Sheelawathi
Manipur
Tamil Nadu
Manipur
Kashmir

Idukki Gold is now likely gone, but other Kerala varieties should make the list.

9 Likes

I just want something very mind expansive and psychoactive and meditative without being sedative.

6 Likes