Landraces of India

I plan on running the MEGHALAYA this fall

I’m hoping for a mango Phenom.

I’m thinking this may go 16 weeks I may need some advice on this one

5 Likes

@Papalag Very nice. It’s a very interesting region. Plant some extra, as hermies are likely. Go easy on N. Very easy. Plan on multiple transplanting too. You know I’ll be here to answer any questions.

4 Likes

I heard reports about the high potency of the Kerala Chellakuti. Anyone here grew that one? Its the one that Kalifa seeds sells? Or anyone got the info of its origins?
Thanks in advance amigos.

6 Likes

I heard from a friend that the one from Kalifa is authentic and apparently he got the seeds from coco_genes. That’s the last of the Kerala strains that are avilable for the moment commercially.
The rest have been collected by people from the west many years ago.

4 Likes

Real Seeds has Kerala. I think it’s the most authentic line. The seeds were made in country.
Coco had good Kerala too but they don’t write back anymore. Khalifa’s has been grown indoors for a few generations.

edit* Indian Landrace Exchange also has Kerala but I can’t recommend it because of reports of poor germination rates I’ve been receiving

9 Likes

Yes he got the seeds from Cocogenes people. I bought Kerala from Cocogenes but i ask them and told me its a different Kerala, Chellakuti its other different. Some friend sent me Kerala from landrace mafia o irrazig (no remember the name corrrectly)
So this can be a little comfused, many different Keralas strains i think.

5 Likes

I ask many time ago to Angus (trsc) about his Kerala
He told me that haven’t access to it anymore because Coronavirus bullshit. Now some generations now are reproduced in Europe.
Any experience with Keralas? Which one its the most potent?

2 Likes

I just noticed that myself. Looks like Angus has new Kerala seeds made in Europe now. It’s common for him to do that when they can’t source the variety anymore. Real Seeds and Indian Landrace both had the same source in India at first. I’m not sure what the landrace exchange is selling now but it used to be decent quality but low germination. Coco had something different from everyone else. I like the Real Seeds version myself with Coco’s a close second. Khalifa’s Kerala Chellakutti is also completely different from the others. There are many versions of Kerala because it’s more of a regional thing not necessarily a single variety

11 Likes

This is an Aruka Valley out of seed sent to me by @iceman. Around 4.5 wks since flip.

:v::canada:

28 Likes

Much quicker than the Odisha’s :grin:
Looks great brotha!

1 Like

Thanks man. Yeah, I was going back and forth between the Aruka and the Odisha. I’m kinda glad I chose the Aruka, now that I’ve seen how long the Odisha takes.

6 Likes

The one that was above my light really hasn’t started flowering yet, its looking like a true 20+ week girl.
I’ll take photos tomorrow for a better reference.
I bent it over again and it had a leather scent from the stem rub. Much different than other one further along. More cedar scent on her.

4 Likes

Looking great brother!
Have trichomes started forming as yet?

3 Likes

Sounds like you may have some gold on your hands, leather and cedar o boy o boyyyyy

scooby dance

4 Likes

A little bit but not really .

2 Likes

Odisha D

Wednesday will start week 10. This one is the Leathery one.

This plant first set of leaves were indica dom. looking as a seedling. Funny how its the last one to start flowering.
I’m trying to get her happy, Seems like kept them in the 1 gallons too long and possibly dried back too much.

19 Likes

Chellakutti is supposed to be very energetic. I hadn’t heard it was really potent…but am happy to hear that now😁

6 Likes

It takes them a good couple weeks to get fired up again after being potbound.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Today is 2 weeks from being up potted. I will admit I have partially neglected them. So far, they have handled the dry backs, root bounds, bending/cropping.

I would say I didn’t feed enough N before flipping. I should have grabbed those chicken manure pellets like you advised for the 3 gallons. Live n learn. Thanks for giving me confidence to get those going brotha.

2 Likes

I had two Kerala Chellakutti from Khalifa growing but I messed it up and lost all plants at that time. Last pic alive is this (Kerala in the front, Oaxaca in the back). I will try again next year.

Khalifa has been out of stock for a while now.

13 Likes