Landraces of India

@Upstate, saw in another thread you had been trying to track down some landrace ruderalis. Did you ever find a source and score some of those? If so, have you grown any out?

1 Like

I haven’t yet grown any, but have some Crimean to try.

1 Like

I’ll be here around 3 or 4 pm. After a night shift and some sleep.

2 Likes

Some pictures from IndianSeeds97 IG page…

14 Likes

I believe you were looking for volunteers to grow a few beans and post photos of the results?

I can do a small indoor grow this fall if you are interested.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Friend of mine lives in Egypt He said he would send me seeds they will be photo seeds,I’m going to send him some auto seeds

Here’s his grow at the minute OG kush

23 Likes

Absolutely. That would be great! Lots to choose from, that’s for sure.

1 Like

He will send Sinai Landrace seed? Or kush? Nice plants.

Okay everyone. Indian seeds 97, known here as @Shiv9545 will be joining us shortly. He is going to begin telling us about the varieties he has.
@RoryBorealis you will be interested in this.
@ShivamGrover is from Punjab oh, and I’m hoping he can join us as well

7 Likes

@Guitarzan, @zephyr @Comacus @romanoweed @Eudaemon

4 Likes

Hi buddy good morning :blush:
I hope you guys are doing well.
I’m desperately waiting to have some discussion on landraces brother’:slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Hello there @Shiv9545. Thank you for joining us. Very happy to have someone knowledgeable about Indian Land races here on OG.

6 Likes

Me too! It will take a little while for people to begin joining us, but they will be here. We have lots of different landraces to go through. Why don’t you begin by telling us about some of your favorites? Then we will go through the list. I know people will be interested in your Assam and Purple Ukhrul… what else do you currently have?

4 Likes

Here is that list again.

There are quite a few of these I know nothing about LOL.

6 Likes

Thanks a lot for your help and support brother.
I have some of the best pure lines sativas collection in dis season,:slightly_smiling_face: some of special collections including UKHRUL MANIPUR it’s my favorite one because it’s so smooth and potent and I really like the flower patterns and colour which is having purple genetics,Meghalaya landrace is the massive one, with huge big colas and dense flowers type,it gives me very good head high, kind off spicy and sweet taste while smoking.

14 Likes

@Slick1 … what kind of flavors does the purple Ukhrul have? Sounded to me like the Assam is very potent as well. You were mentioning it’s the old fashioned cough weed… tell us about the unique meghalaya variety you have as well

2 Likes

I’m having so many varieties in dis season like u have mentioned above the landraces we are collecting is from the village people who are growing them from so many years, some people carry der culture of growing such a beautiful and unique landraces which are completely hidden in there perticular fields. And dis farmers are not ready to show or what we can say they are not ready to show der own crops if dis beautiful landraces just because of fear of getting busted.

9 Likes

I don’t blame them for that at all. It’s very risky growing long flowering varieties and it’s no wonder people are switching to the shorter flowering cannabis. We are very lucky you are finding these genetics before they disappear. What are your favorites?

3 Likes

Me? I think you might have mixed up me and Shiv?

2 Likes

Meghalaya is the beautiful tasty landrace I have ever smoked, the landrace in Meghalaya is known as shilong mango, because it taste like mango. Literally taste like mango while smoking, it feels like perfectly in rippen mango with mixed sweet blends of berry and it’s very good kind off variety I have from meghalaya. It gives good body and head high, complete heavy buzz in head.
One can not work after smoking dis kind off landraces it’s that potent

18 Likes