Landraces of India

It was my way of giving you a link to the thread.

2 Likes

I’m really not up on the Indian Landraces enough to be involved in this conversation (my geographical knowledge of India does me no favors either :laughing:). I’m just pulling up a chair to absorb some info.

2 Likes

That’s the Landrace I’ve been looking for! I didn’t know that was mango Shillong… make sure you save me some of those LOL
What I have read is that it is probably related to Mango Karnataka and possibly some East Indian Land races. Growers facing police pressure back in the 1980s move to up to the meghalaya mountains to escape, and they brought their mango flavored landraces with them, where they were subsequently mixed with the local genetics. Does this sound accurate?

7 Likes

Oh I see lol. I thought you were asking me those questions and I was like a deer in in the headlights as far as answering them :laughing:

2 Likes

My favourite ones are obviously UKHRUL MANIPUR, Meghalaya landrace and then my TRIMBAK,MATORI,BHADRA, GOKARNA FROM SOUTH,
GADCHI IS THE BEST ONE it has very mixed flavours of masalas,spicy, kind off unrippen mango and feels too heavy in lungs while taking the smoke inside.
Some of are satpuri,bramha,satpuri are in my favourite lists

7 Likes

@GMan, you might be interested in this as well. @Worcestershire_Farms, you too. I know there are so many more of that would be interested in learning about these. Please invite others over if you can think of any. @lefthandseeds too.

3 Likes

@Upstate or @Shiv9545 one of the things that appealed to me most was that they are unaltered and grown as nature intended, the other is the CBD Upstate mentioned hasn’t been bred out. I’m assuming that’s the case across the board? Also do we have information on which strains are higher in CBD?

2 Likes

Yeah perfect you are right they mixed up dis genetics with other varieties from local.
But very impressive taste and high
I used to think how some landrace can give taste like mango but when I have smoked it personally it’s perfectly gives u taste of mango and sweet blends of Berrys as well.

3 Likes

Sounds delicious! I’ve often wondered if this is where a Colombian landrace named Mangobiche came from. It’s a very famous variety.

6 Likes

Do you have any strain recommendations that do well at managing pain levels but also something that you can still work on.

5 Likes

Some of my variety must have high CBD % because they are sativas, but after smoke you will forget your pain, problems and you will just have a very relaxing nap r just having one joint :slightly_smiling_face::grinning: they are the ones I like to smoke in night time because high CBD content makes me so relax and I will just love to have good sleep.

8 Likes

In some cases it has been bred out. Definitely not all cases. Orisha is known to have cbd for example

3 Likes

Yeah brother I do have some varieties just like your expectations which will be used in pain relief they are satpuri,bramha, GADCHI :slightly_smiling_face: you will love them the most if you are looking for pain relief
@Chronickyle

8 Likes

@Upstate
Mangobiche Columbian I was not knowing dis variety, I just checked your msg.
That is possible brother

3 Likes

I actually like the balance that CBD can provide to the experience, specially with Sativas. Unfortunately most stuff today being worked to remove CBD can be a bit racy feeling. If you’re smoking Sativas and taking a nap that’s some decent CBD levels!

I would actually love to find something subtle, a daytime smoke with a slight uplift but not too intoxicating. Most strains here are fire, but sometimes you just want a sweatshirt! :laughing:

3 Likes

Ok that’s good to know that it’s not across the board. I can only imagine the amount of crosses that have occurred naturally throughout the years as well that could lower levels as well. Has it been bred out to the extent it is here? Like < 1%?

1 Like

Some of the Western Indian Land races are known to have a very heavy Indica like effect. They must be loaded with cbd…

Do you think any of these would be good for work? Or best for after work?

4 Likes

@Slick1
That’s very true Brother every guy in dis field wants high number of thc percent and seriously CBD gives very good effects,if it’s balanced.
Yeah brother for day time smoke I’m also much similiar like you :grinning: I will not look for the fire stuff, sometimes too potent or fire stuff makes my mind very active and I can’t focus on one thought at all, der r so many thoughts coming and going if I smoke intense weed in daytime, I will.just look for the good head buzz and good level of creativity so I can carry my whole day work with it.

7 Likes

@Upstate
Satpuri, bramha, GADCHI they are very good but I have realised some times I smoked dis variety in day time it made me so heavy, not able to focus on work and even I was not willing to work after having a joint of GADCHI. I WAS LIKE I DONT WANT TO WORK NOW.it made me that high

3 Likes

Lol. Sounds like some good smoke! Best for after work with that one😁

2 Likes