Legalization in NY this year?

like here? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m not afraid to say what my opinion is about antifa. They are a bunch of commie bastards that donā€™t work and want everything for free. Iā€™ve heard good things about Eugene from my cousin though, whoā€™s been through there a number of times. That was a joke about the coasties. I hadnā€™t heard that term until my cousin used it. Kind of like how upstate New Yorkers use the term
Citiot( idiot with a c) for downstate disrespectable people. The type that would come up to a waterfall in the beautiful Catskill Mountains and leave their garbage there. Lots of that going on since covid. The side of the roads have been a disgusting mess near parking areas. Locals donā€™t do that. Boggles the mind how someone would want to leave trash in such a beautiful area. Oregon is probably like many other places. Good people and bad people. I hear itā€™s beautiful. One of the few States I havenā€™t been to

2 Likes

stopped at Mason Lake yesterday and sadly someone had made

their fire in the middle of a fiberglass picnic table :frowning:

all the best

Dequilo

3 Likes

I just donā€™t understand the mind set??? Before covid it seemed like most of the people that went Outdoors were the types that appreciated itā€¦ Now all the scum are out and about and I wish they would just stay home. Mason Lake is just before Louie Lake on the left headed north on 30 right? North of speculator? Is there another one by that name? Supposed to be tiger musky in there. Very pretty country.

3 Likes

that is the one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I understand now. Iā€™m right below you. Last week the kids and I tried to go swimming at 3 of our fairly local state parks. We were turned away at all 3 by rangers and state police. There were cars everywhere from people from NY and NJ. I asked a statie what was going on, and he said we are closing down the parks today because all the out of staters were blocking traffic for locals who lived there, where starting fires basically in the middle of the woods without even building a ring around them, were littering, and swimming in restricted areas, and basically just overrunning and trashing the place. We couldnā€™t even swim at our own state parks! Iā€™m a pretty peaceful guy, but man, did I want to start kicking the assā€™s of some of these disrespectful, dirty f@*#$.

5 Likes

One of the local swimming holes had 100 people at it this weekend( I heard) I wonder how much trash Iā€™ll see on the way to work. The Ny times had an article two or three years ago about blue hole ( sundown), a locally famous swimming hole. It had always been a quiet family place with 15 or 20 free campsites. I went there with a friend to go trout fishing a couple weeks after the article. There were cars lined up for 1/4 Mile before the campground. Must have been 500 people there. Almost all of them from Brooklyn. Lately the Bronx has been coming up. Driving from the Hudson Valley up towards kaaterskill Falls I had to do a double take because everyone appeared to be a gang member. I know a guy who knows the local forest ranger and he wont go down to ask people to stop partying in the creek bed without carrying a shotgun. He said he felt like he was going to get shot for asking them to stop trashing the place and they just knocked over there barbecue grill and left. He was too fearful to issue any tickets . There is so much garbage all over the place it looks like someone dumped out a trashcan can every 30 or 40 ft. Disrespectful Fuckers. Takes a lot to get me angry to but boy I wanted to kick some ass myself these last couple weeks

5 Likes

Same exact situation in my neck of the woods. lotā€™s of ā€œgang member typesā€ just straight up trashing the parks. I just donā€™t get it. Nobody had to tell my friends and I about cleaning up after ourselves, and we partied in the woods all the time growing up. Still do occasionally. Many private land owners in our area allowed us to hang out on theyā€™re land, as long as we cleaned up after ourselves. It was a win win for all of us. We took care of the area for them, and we got a hassle free place to camp and make fires, smoke a few doobs, and have a few beers. I wonder why that sense of pride in taking care of each other, and each otherā€™s thingā€™s, doesnā€™t carry over to every human being. Teach your children well I guess.

4 Likes

We did too. Never even left a can. Never burned a picnic table. We had fires in fire pits, or we partied in old shale pits, where a fire just about anywhere was safe. Iā€™m afraid this situation with massive amounts of traffic and people in our normally quiet areas is not going to end any time soon or even( please no!!!) At all. Real estate inquiries are up 400%. Prices will follow. Yet again, the locals will be squeezed out by the down Staters. Property values will go up until the locals canā€™t afford to live there anymore, and tax rates follow suit. Iā€™ve seen it time and time again. We call it the bubble. The bubble from the city expands outward and outward, and then something happens with real estate and the bubble pops, and the high prices ( and people) go back downstate. I live just beyond the bubble so to speak. There was a little town about 30 minutes from here that had an average home price of a hundred grand when 9/11 hit. Home prices went up to 400,000 the next summer. I always thought that I would grow old(er) in the home Iā€™m in now. For the first time Iā€™m questioning that. I love people, I just donā€™t like to live near them LOL

4 Likes

Yes. It is a very shitty situation. Same thing happened here. A few years back, our mayor at the time, started advertising our area to people in NY, and NJ. Country living at itā€™s finest, and cheap prices to boot. I guess he thought he would attract upper class, city folk. Instead it attracted the ā€œgang member typesā€, who apparently had money to spend buying up all the fairly cheap housing. They in turn, rent them out to fellow ā€œgang member typesā€, or advertise them for almost 3 times the rent. Locals can no longer afford to rent them. We now have a gang problem, uncontrollable crime and drug activity. This is the main reason for my wanting to move out to Oregon. No sense of community, or neighbors looking out for one another. Definitely not a place youā€™d want to raise your kids. I also like people, well I used to anyway lol!

4 Likes

Gov. Cuomo Announces Proposal To Legalize Marijuana In New York

but will we be able to grow? or will they send out the TaxMan to get us?

we will see

2 Likes

I hope they surprise us, but if the MMJ program here is any indication of how the rec program will go I donā€™t have very high hopes of being able to grow my own meds. Or that theyā€™ll come rip my plants out or fine me for having more than 5 or something. Pretty infuriating when I fought for ā€œfreedomā€ and a Vet canā€™t even grow his own PTSD meds

5 Likes

They want to benefit the drug maker :frowning:

no need to worry about our needs only our tax dollars

3 Likes

I suspect we wonā€™t be able to grow anything. What little bit of information I found is a bit scary. Talk of beefing up the war on illegal drugs, in other words, home Growers. Imprisonment replaced by Massive fines and possibly even losing your home. Cuomo talks about wanting to help the poor, but when it comes down to it he wonā€™t help them. He will help to pass restrictive laws that will punish them for daring to save some money. I hope Iā€™m wrong, but I think not

4 Likes

If it isnā€™t legalized for home growing, I have well over 10,000 seeds I will be spreading around this spring

6 Likes

Uncle Andy wants you to OverGrow the Adirondacks :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Figures that now that Iā€™m moving to California, NY will legalize. California legalized recreational a few years after I moved back to NY. lol

3 Likes

Lol. I think you may be right. The Catskills too. Putting out thousands of seeds could potentially tax law enforcements ability to find the real crops. I like the idea of them wasting their time on plants no one will harvest. All streams have good bottom land that is easy to cultivate early in the season before the weeds come up. Say, around early trout season or so.

4 Likes

Looks like New York is not going to legalize in 2021. Just got the word from Cuomo. Not enough time to get it done by Tuesday, when the budget is going to be worked out. Why would there be enough time when you wait till the last minute to start? Idiotā€™s. Looks like it will be another year of waiting.

2 Likes

I think you are looking at an old story. That is what happened with the 2021 budget, approved in 2020. However, the latest news for 2021 is mostly positive. The budget deadline is April 1st. This is from three days ago:

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/new-york-elections-government/ny-legalization-adult-use-marijuana-impaired-driving-20210316-v7j6z35ih5ardfcv5asvji2i7e-story.html

2 Likes