Let's talk Sensi Star 🌿 ⭐

My first couple grows were Sensi Star.

Mentioned to a friend of a friend that I’d like to try growing my own… about a week later he stops in with a t5 light and two clones. Said his source had held it for years.

I ran it Scrog in a converted fridge under a 2’ 4 bulb t5. And it was the best bud I ever had up to that point.

7 Likes

I also remember back in the old OG days 1 guy started 500 seed of Sensi Star just to see if the Ogre pheno would pop up on those seeds…

4 Likes

Sensi star is still one of the best i indicas. Doesnt get the credit imo it deserves. One of my favorites, paradise seeds was the shit when I first started growing in 2001. Belladonna, nebula, and couple others I can’t remember were all awesome.

Grew the star in 2002 and it was a short plant with baseball bat colas. 1 hitter quitter potency. Bummer they only sell fems. It would hold it’s own VS anything potency wise. Alot of paradise strains had those metallic terps, mustve been from the master widow male he always used. Here’s mine from 2002…

19726budz-thumb 19726100_0037-thumb

12 Likes

What’s the outcome of that story, did that pheno pop in the end?

So I gotta ask who has legit star seeds these days? Or better yet has anyone grown the fems from paradise? I’d assume it’s the same being a 30 year old cultivar basically at this point.

2 Likes

I have F2’s of Sensi Star… but I’m still trying to find a set of Rockbud seeds before I consider popping them as I’m on a never ending quest for Rockstar!

:rofl: :+1:

6 Likes

I grew NL5 x Haze x SensiStar F3 from Mel Frank and some of the phenos were like this. The sister to the mom I kept was 1-hit KO herb with metallic pine terps. She had more golfball type flowers, but the one I kept put out bats. All are manageable indoors but turn into monsters outside. 12+ft in a season.
This was the mom I kept

and her putting out a QP in ~1.5 sqft :arrow_down: :sweat_smile:

I tend to prefer the haze side of this line though. I wish more of those beans were still around. I haven’t been able to find any since I first picked up that pack in 2019… I have some alleged pure Sensi Star F4 beans from GrowHard but haven’t gotten to them yet. No idea on actual provenance either.

17 Likes

I will be harvesting AKBBs Lemon Star F2( Lemon Tree X Sensi Star) within the next ten days. Thr trichomes still have a fair number of clear turning cloudy trichomes and not very many natural amber trichomes. She is still adding weight by the day and the buds are still building.

There is a lemon smell with some earthy mustiness mixed in the aroma.

14 Likes

It seems like sensi star does great in hybrids particularly when paired with a sativa. Especially something like nevilles haze or even another old school afghan.

4 Likes

I remember growing a sensi star, canf remember the breeder, paradise maybe about 15 years ago… had that metallic taste to it…

I have a pack of bodhi, sensi star x appalachia that might need to be popped soon, and f2d the shit out of it… that is one of my most rare packs in the fridge

2 Likes

Nope, no Ogre pheno…that’s why Ogre is/was a clone only strain…

3 Likes

AKBB has a Sensi Star F4 I grabbed a pack a month ago

You guys are making me want to run it even more :rofl:

3 Likes

I finally get the legit Ohio Deathstar cut ( ecsd× sensi star) after a very long search. I didnt have it dialed in good this first round with her, but she still came out super rank and extreme potency. Almost too much for me.

8 Likes

I think I should be the judge of that.

:wink:

2 Likes

Id go with AKBeanBrains for Sensi Star F4. He has all kinds of great stuff, and has more vs seed vendors, if one deals directly.

And if one can find them… Crickets and Cicada Sensi Star x Puck BC1 V1-V2. Some killer photos of it, on Instagram.
Sensi Star x Puck BC1.
Harvested at day 65.
Smells and tastes like garlic, rubber, turpentine, lemon and funk. Very complex old school dank

18 Likes

Inkognyto Genetics has Sensi Star f2’s from a pre 2000 pack of Paradise Seeds. He has the pack on his IG. I bought 4, and will run them after the AK BB f4’s.

3 Likes

That sounds nice, was just thinking about old sensi star the other day. Nice find man! Should be something good in those f2 I bet. AFAIK sensi star never been messed with but still cool.

1 Like

My plan is to find a good male and female make f3’s and also use the make to cross to a bunch of strains. Especially OG.

2 Likes

I think its a pack of ten for 80. But he also does sales.

Sounds like you have a plan in action. Make sure to document it for us to follow along. Good luck I bet that og hybrid will be good as both parents lend well in hybrids.