LilJonB's Hopscotch Grow

@Liljon just pull the bananas off with tweezers. They do that when they’ve been in flower that long. Not a big deal. Its not light leak.

1 Like

Lot of plants are going to throw namnners late in senescence. My gelato does that and they are always sterile.

3 Likes

Don’t over react, it’s not hermaphrodite. She’s trying to produce seed. If they harm they do it a lot earlier than 3 months. Pull off the bananas and give her another week. @corgitron said it perfectly.

2 Likes

She’s already down. Sorry @Hoppy. I have another one going tho.

1 Like

Damn it feels like we need a moment of silence for her. She was something special. In the future after 10 weeks keep your eye out for bananas with any strain. Mother nature wants to reproduce. Good work with it, I’ll wait to hear your weight, I’m on record for 140.

2 Likes

3 hour job. Every bit of a QP. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s close to a half. Will be a record for me.
Record is 2.5 oz. One branch is a almost a oz. Lol. I’m a happy camper!

16 Likes

Dose this look like enough material for 3 sticks of butter? There’s some bud in there.

6 Likes

I would salvage all the bud you can. Trimming sure is easier wet. Looks good @LilJonB. I think theres a hint of purple in the pics of buds. Are you growing the next one inside or outside? I’ve got one about a foot tall outside. First time outside with the Hopscotch.

1 Like

There’s a little purple in the bud. I got one at my brother’s place.
The buds in the trim are not worth keeping. Expecally compared to what I got out if her. The extra month was worth it for sure.

How do you keep your buds sticky? Slow dry right?

Dang LilJonB! Those buds are MONSTERS! Great job with them!

3 Likes

I’ve only experienced that with fem seed.

1 Like

Now that I know what to look for they will be easier to find. They were on almost every branch. Just one maybe two. I will definitely grow her again for sure.
Thanks @MoBilly! She was fun.

2 Likes

Dry at 60 degrees Fahrenheit and 60%RH for two full weeks, or as close to those as you can get it.
Will come out :ok_hand:

I trim after that dry, but that’s generally just preference. If you wet trim you may only need 8 days or so. I trim when its dry to extend the time it takes to dry, the longer it takes the better they come out :+1:

4 Likes

I’m really going to dry as slow as I can trying to keep the proper humidity is going to be tough. I don’t have a humidifier or dehumidifier. I figure after 4 days jar it loosely. Open the jar for a an hour or so and close it back up and repeat. That’s as close as I’m going to get.

4 Likes

oh man, fun times right there :sweat_smile:

I find if I hang the whole plant like I said, I can trim it all and jar it in one go and never need to burp or do anything after that. I have both a humidifier and dehumidifier and use them in concert to maintain that proper range… Lately not even bothering with that, just hang and let dry in my basement and call it day…er… two weeks :sweat_smile: still comes out pretty close to what it would if I maintained it perfectly.

As always, do whatever works best for you ^^

6 Likes

Until you try those Grove Bags LilJonB.
That’s a game changer for after the hang dry.

2 Likes

Groove Bags huh? I’ll have to check them out.

2 Likes

They hold the perfect RH? I have heard of them. But never seen them.

2 Likes

This is a post a friend made on another forum.
Dude. I have seen a lot of people try them and never heard a complaint. Zero burping, shaking… It does it all. Truly amazing.

I’m only 12 days in bags and the humidity is still all 60%. I pulled a bud because I just can’t resist. The taste was great, maybe a little too sweet tasting but I’m hoping that calms down a little bit after the cure. Smoke was smooth, ash still a little dark. Keep in mind these were all washed buds with lemon juice and baking soda, and peroxide wash with a double rinse. It doesn’t appear to have hurt the trichomes or the flavor. I’m really looking forward to tasting this in a couple more weeks.

6 Likes