LilJonB's Hopscotch Grow

Once I get some doe coming in I’ll check some out.
Anyone think to just unplug the machine if you don’t have a manual?

Then it won’t seal the bag if you did that.
Here’s another trick you all might want to try, got a strain that’s good smoke but has a tendency to fox tail ? When the tail is approximately a inch long and stretching towards the lights snip it off .your buds will automatically stop the fox tailing and swell into plump hard bud , you’ll still see a bit of side bud attempting to foxtail but nothing like if you were to just leave them do there thing.

6 Likes

Ahh. Okay.
:grin:

1 Like

That’s a great tip about the foxtails! Thanks. I’m sure I will run into them again. Hopefully not to soon.

3 Likes

Thanks @ShiskaberrySavior
I’ll put that into the vault. I had some buds with foxtails that could have turned out better it seems.
:facepunch:

3 Likes

I punch holes in the paper bag when I do that @LilJonB. You need a little air running around them buds

1 Like

Yeah. I’m really worried about it drying to fast. Some of my buds in the past were so dry after a while you could crush it to dust. Could have sold it as snuff lol.
But yeah you were right. I should have poked holes. I dropped the buds in the Rubbermaid and the RH is still high 85. So I sat it out. I will leave in there for a few hours. I hate moving the buds around so much. Those groove bags are at the top on my shopping list.

3 Likes

Another option is zip lock vegetable bags there breathable and work well for slow drying. I’ve used on a plant that’s behind the rest in drying .most of the time it’s straight off the line to vacuum sealer though.

2 Likes

Sometimes I cheat and put them inside my outdoor grill for an hour or two. Open all the vent holes. But never in the summer months. Did you weight them after you cut? I’m curious to see your wet to dry ratio.

2 Likes

I’m definitely gonna grab a few in the next week or so I got a harvest coming soon

2 Likes

I started a topic this morning about Cicadas and weed.

6 Likes

Send me the link

To the Groove Bags?

1 Like

No to Hoppys new thread

Zip Lock Vegetable Bags. I never knew that was a thing. I will check em out. @ShiskaberrySavior thanks.
@Hoppy I did not check the wet weight. I’m going to do a weigh up today to see where we are now.
That one bud dried to 19 gms.
I want to get these buds right.

3 Likes

This is @Hoppy 's thread. Lol.
He will make one eventually when he gets comfortable.

1 Like

Oh ok I got you

1 Like

Here it it.

I’m sorry I missed that post.

2 Likes

yes they work great. Easier to just pop open n get more surface exposed to air too. No in n out of jars busting things up. I get the big flat 2 pks at walmart. Been using em for years. Goes i glass once its getting crispy n not softening anymore.

1 Like

Thats a healthy sturdy looking plant there.

1 Like