Lophophora's spare bathroom

I hope it works better than all the sweet nothings I softly whisper into the bathtub every night :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Well, I am fashionably late but I’ll stick around if there’s room.
:pray:

2 Likes

lol cuz, please let us know if that whispering thing works! I’d give it a try before using the Slick1’s method of yelling at em lol

4 Likes

Let’s get to know each other

There’s more to me than just gardening. Based on the history of photographs in my phone it seems I also enjoy baking and making oils with which to annoint myself.

There isn’t much more than that though… Alright your turn.

Chicken or the egg?

Let’s try making water soluble calcium! I toasted a few weeks worth of eggshells in the oven at 200°F for 40 minutes or maybe an hour, then tossed them in the blender. I was concerned baking eggshells would smell wretched, but to my amazement had no odour at all.

The eggshell dust once settled was added to some apple cider vinegar at a 1:5 eggshells to vinegar ratio, which bubbled like crazy for a week.

When I pH tested the solution the strip matched the 7.0 colour sample. Of course I was too slow in fetching my camera so I only caught a picture of the dried test paper.

My next question is what to do with this stuff. Did I really have a calcium deficiency, or just an abundance of eggshells and free time? What do you do with your water soluble calcium and powdered egg shells? Asking for a friend.

You said something about gardening?

Right then, let’s get down to the brass tacks.

Dragon Milk x Tangie, Day thirty-something, or maybe day 41.

What I really need to do is take a good long look at the back of the plant stake upon which I wrote the date that flowering was initiated. Either way I’m only off by a week.

Kind of sobering to think we have only two or three weeks left together… Fortunately this girl looks like the perfect remedy for sobering. She’s really starting to stack up too.

To chop or not to chop?

Peyote Cookies x Shaman, Day 59.

Alas, poor Yorick. Mark thee, Horatio, she’s close- Very close if not already done. I would wager that we are closer now than ever before. Every day I stare at this plant and think “It’s time…”, but the voice of pragmatism bellows deep from within “Just give it one more day”.

I discovered that I have no need for yellow sticky traps. As it turns out a small fan pointed at the plant has effectively filtered out all of the flying insects from the bathroom as they pass through the fan and become permanently bonded to the lower buds. Where I was previously on the fence about washing my indoor harvest, the thick growing buildup of bug carcasses has fortified my decision to give these buds a rinse.

Just two plants?

Alright, you got me. No promises on any of the following, but I’m trying to sex-up these lovely ladies as we speak. Hopefully I have better luck with these girls than any actual women in my life, but I’ll let you know how it goes in the morning.

14 Likes

Looks good! Let me know how those eggshells work out.

2 Likes

I’m just going off of the following resources, both of which suggest foliar application.

Going forward I would like to try an A/B test with two similar plants but I’m not sure at what stage one would start or stop spraying their plants. This is a future goal, not a today goal. Plenty of reading to do, and I’m completely open to suggestion in the meantime.

I also only whipped up 30mL of the solution for a test application as the 2/3 of a jarful seemed like a bit much for my simple needs, especially at a 1:1000 dilution. With what feels like two kilograms worth of powdered eggshell, and more future eggshell powder waiting in the refridgerator, I am not at risk of running out any time soon.

For now though, let’s just say I don’t have the minerals to spray this foul-smelling concoction all over my nice buds.

4 Likes

is it the outdoor Shaman(DutchPassion) mixed in this Cross?
looks great!!

6 Likes

Yes, the very same! Thank you.

That’s all I know about the cross. For any more detail we would have to press @Oldtimerunderground who most graciously bestowed the beans upon me.

4 Likes

My internal circulation fan accounts for at least half of the fungus gnat deaths in my tent.
(they can run but they can’t hide, sooner or later ol’ chopper takes them for a ‘ride’) :laughing:

Your PC x S looks so good! …one more day?.. :smile:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Looking great @lophophora.ca !

3 Likes

Hope all is well in the bathroom bro :grin:

I’m really hoping both, or at least 1, of those Blockhead F5 x Mikado BX are female.

4 Likes

Do you have the shining @Oldtimerunderground ?

I was honestly just in the middle of looking at and cropping photos. Here’s a sneak preview just for you.

Bathroom is fantastic, it’s just the rest of life I struggle with. Wife is knockitg on the door, starting to wonder why I’ve been locked in the en suite for the past two months. I’ve got to think of a lie fast!

5 Likes

No, I hacked your bathroom cam so I could get a sneak peak of the ladies in the shower :smirk: lmaoo. Maybe it’s cause I was smoking a fatty of some Blockhead and the plants were channeling through my high :joy:

I hear you brother. I keep telling the wife not to bug me when I’m in my office, but she won’t listen!

I got you Loph! Tell her not to worry, you’ve had a minor incident, then send her this gif
20211121_211105

5 Likes

You two are too funny. Loving that sneak preview.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Those blurry pics brought back memories of trying to watch pron on scrambled channels back in the day.

:rofl:

:thinking: this is us being serious. :joy: just kidding

Me too!!! I have a good feeling :smiley:

5 Likes

Cuz! ok, now how in the hell am I supposed to use the ‘throne’ you so kindly offered me a while back?
lol lovely plants though! :wink: :+1:

3 Likes

Still breathing

When I stepped out of the bathroom door locked behind me. Took a whole week to get back into my garden. Enough about me, let’s have a look at the ladies.

I decided to commit to my vision and mounted the lights right to the ceiling (just don’t tell my wife).

The bathtub is noticably more spacious without those bulky speaker stands out of the way, and this new arrangement offers an extra 70cm of vertical space. I can’t believe I waited until now to hang my light properly…

Okay, well not “properly”. Measure twice, drill thrice.

How about those plants?

Dragon’s Milk x Tangie, Day 57… Wait- holy smokes, really!?

This lazy girl is having trouble holding up her own arms. I noticed in the last few days this plant is starting to smell like weed. It comes as a surprise as up until now the blossoms smelled like orange jello or a creamsicle, but it’s not a bad change.

Blockhead F5 x Mikado BX, Day 19.

Sorry no closeup photos tonight. As you may have guessed from my last post these plants are indeed ladies, and they are growing up fast.

In Memoriam

Peyote Cookies x Shaman, RIP.

This plant was so sticky it makes maple syrup look like water. I actually think this plant singlehandedly rid my garden of fungas gnats. As a result of thoughtless fan placement all of the lower buds caught every single gnat that ventured into the garden.

2021-11-19_22.31.04_1

Upon witnessing such devastation I realized washing the buds was my only path. Turns out it’s really hard to photograph little gnats on buds, but I can assure you there were many.

Despite previously espousing the benefits of a bud wash I still had reservations going forward. I would hate to mess up the harvest after all that we’d been through. Furthermore, what would OTUG think? I can’t let anyone down. A wet-trim and a soaking were not part of the original plan. Fortunately the main cola and upper buds remained largely insect free, so I decided just to wash the lower buds.

Once the flowers hit the water the gnats started coming out of the woodwork, having been previously entombed within the resinous buds. It seemed like the wash just caused more gnats on the buds than before. Even after a second pass there remained a copious amount of insect carcasses, and no amount of water or hydrogen peroxide would change this.

Despite the graphic horror just witnessed, things turned out pretty good. I had really thought I completely boned the drying process as after a couple days in the bathroom with the dehumidifier the buds seemed like they were dried to a crisp, but it turns out everything was alright.

It was a lot of unexpected labour, but on the plus side I saved a lot of money on sticky traps.

What about that other plant? You forgot one

The one in the back left corner? That’s another Peyote Cookies x Shaman, recently retired from her role as a bonsai mother. Here’s hoping she turns out half as good as the last one.

Where are all the clones?

Goodnight everybody, thanks for stopping by! :pray:

14 Likes

Looking good! :+1:

3 Likes

spare bathroom? puts a new meaning to flushing the plants.

3 Likes

Lol, bugs or not, I think you killed it bro. That plant came out magnificent. Some good genetics. I washed a good portion of my outdoor, but gave up near the end, plus I ran outta lemons after going through 3 bags :joy:

3 Likes