Lophophora's spare bathroom

I hope that 3rd one (whatever strain it may be :smirk:) turns out to be a lady for you :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Third time is the charm

The time for wishful thinking is over, now is the time for action!

By that I mean I added Black Snow to the spare bathroom, tied down all the plants, and now I’m going to leave them for a week or two.

I wish I’d had the great idea to use safety pins for training wire a couple years ago…

I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle.

Every time I smoke this Skynet I start to wonder

“Am I unusually baked? Not baked in an unusual fashion but baked more than the usual amount… Am I?”

Actually it’s not even just when smoked. I also made some tasty cookies that got me stoned sideways, as is expected, but unusually stoned.

Thank you @NugLifeFarms420 !

So how was the harvest?

There won’t be any high quality metrics on this one. I got an ounce of nice buds from each plant, and another ounce of loose lower buds from the plants combined.

It’s tragic in a way that these plants had so much potential that I failed to harness but on the upside it’s great bud!

The dried buds have been in a jar for over a week now at 18°C/60% RH. Some hits of this stuff make me feel like I motor boated a spice rack, pungent to the point of making my eyes water and my nose stuffy. Super smooth smoke though like a cool drink from a frigid fjord. Maybe one plant was spicier than the other but seeing as all the buds were dumped into the same jar this will remain a mystery.

About that motorcycle…

Uhh, I’ll be back.

14 Likes

So what’s up?

Absolutely nothing. I’m presently sitting on my hands while things vegetate and blossom.

Don’t go empty handed, check out this Mango Smile x 24 Carat at 10 weeks since sprout.

Oh man I can’t wait to wait another month and a half until I can try some of these buds.

And the bathroom?

It’s about the same as before except the plants are just a little bit bigger.

Thank you for asking :pray:

22 Likes

Where’s John Connor :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

It’s still a news to me LoL…
What a great idea that I’ll be using from now on…
Thanks for sharing brother :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

4 Likes

No nonsense, straight to the bathroom.

It’s just down the stairs. First door. You can’t miss it.

Alright, just kidding. Check it out!

Today marks the first (or maybe second) day of 12/12. I had reset my timers on the 19th and when I woke up on the 20th the lights were still on. Turns out I had needed to hit the “PROG” button once more to finalize the new off time. Anyways let’s just say I reset the timers on the 20th and that today is day one, spare me the embarrassment.

Seen that before…

Like I said, about the same as before only a little bigger. Don’t fret though, the show is just starting.

Do you like the somewhat uniform canopy? I actually put in a little effort this time and even did my best to strip any lower nodes to promote budliness. Honestly I really wanted to prune more aggressively having been inspired by Qtip’s continuous cannabis corner but I lacked the fortitude to finish the job.

There’s always next time

Funny you should mention that.

Never took any pictures of the explosive root growth that occurred between the first and second images.

Didn’t you make some seeds recently?

If you’re referring to the Black Snow x Alien OG seeds, yes. Thank you for following along.

I even germinated some, too.

I’m tempted to throw them in the shower and run them 12/12 for rapid results but I have a tendency to get carried away. I don’t know yet.

Depending on how they turn out maybe you’d want to run them too.

Wow. Anything else?

Just this.

Hey, what was in that other picture?

Oops. Uhh, have a good night!

21 Likes

it’s cool to see people run your genetics, but to breed with them is just awesome. i can’t wait to see the results.

edit: i’ve probably said this before, lol.

9 Likes

Your journal is fun to read. I like how you just go for it! I notice you use both cloth and plastic planters. Which do you prefer? I like the cloth pots, but I noticed that I get salt build up on the sides of them when I grow in soil. How do you keep that from happening?

4 Likes

Thank you :pray:

Both I guess. Easy to start in plastic pots, and more easy to bottom water.

The fabric pots are just the biggest I have and are uniform in size so when lined up they make a nice picture.

I’m actually just borrowing all of these nice brown fabric pots from someone who expressed that they have zero continued interest in gardening (thanks amigo!).

Next time I might just plant directly in the tote I used to mix up all of the soil, cut out the middleman and hassle of repotting.

Is that what this is?

I always just figured it was filth.

I wouldn’t know a thing about prevention. Easiest solution is to toss them in the washer with my wife’s clothes.

As for my no-till experimental pot, I am just going to keep shoving plants in there until they refuse to grow. Once my goal has been achieved I will empty out the pot and see how it cleans up in the wash.

9 Likes

What was that!?

Just my spare bathroom. You see, I converted the shower into a-

Oh, the one galllon pot? Right. I’ve taken to calling that one wishful thinking. Funny story about that one, it’s a Squirrel Tail #1 x Viking IBL. Rumour has it that this is a collaborative work between @Oldtimerunderground and @CornbreadJunior.

I may have been keeping this little plant in secret, deep down wishing it was a female. Seems like this plant just doesn’t want to show me it’s stuff. I put it under 12/12 for a few days, I took a cutting and kept it under 12/12, nada. Why do all of these techniques work so well for others?

Anyways I think it might be time to put this poor plant out of it’s misery. I’ve got a show to run here and I’m already behind schedule. It might seem a little silly but the only thing keeping this plant alive was whisper of a prophecy which went a little something like this:

Not much to it but I thought that- Hey, what’s that?

Whats what?

Are those pistils!?

I’ve been staring at this thing for months, battling poor eyesight, wishful thinking, and optimistic hallucinations but now I can see! It’s a miracle!

What will I do now? She is now six days into flower, will she take kindly to a quick up-potting? I only have a plastic 3 gallon pot available at this point but I figure three gallons is better than one.

If anybody has super helpful advice please speak now, lest I should torture this plant and post about it on the internet for the next three months.

Hallelujah!

Hell yeah, indeed! Wow am I ever excited.

On a parting note for those interested, @Oldtimerunderground will be provding winning lottery numbers by DM. It has been foretold.

18 Likes

go-prophecy

ezgif.com-gif-maker (3)

7 Likes

I prefer all of my pots the same size for water distribution purposes. Trying to keep up with 1g pots and 3g pots is a pain.

9 Likes

Yoo @CornbreadJunior are you seeing this?! Our baby!! Lol

Norse mythology tells of a legendary Viking Squirrel, capable of sending a message between the Gods! Ratatoskr lives!! :grinning: :crossed_swords:

12 Likes

@Foreigner, I figure 3 gallon plastic will dry at the same rate as a 5 gallon fabric pot. Really though watering frequency is secondary to availability. Either way an up-potting just seemed prudent at this juncture. I concur, watering a 1 gallon would be a pain.

@Oldtimerunderground I love the little cod piece :rofl:

7 Likes

hahahah @Oldtimerunderground , it brings a tear to my eye, they grow up so quick!

@lophophora.ca she looks really healthy, congrats! I can’t wait to see how she turns out for you!

5 Likes

Just tagging in, I like to use my spare tub for clones before going outside. I dig it man :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:

4 Likes

Some people use the method of filling the 3 gal up part way and dump out the plant set on top without disturbing the roots. Than gently back filling to make a tower. This gives you more than 3 gal soil and dosen’t stall the growth.
This would be my call. I am dealing with 1 gal an have to water all the time.

There are photos here someplace.

:green_heart: :seedling:

6 Likes

Hooray, hooray! For those of you just joining the fray, the foray from May is ending today. It’s harvest day, as they say.

Most of you are coming with me- Except for you, you can stay

Does anyone ever stagger their auto harvest? I just may, the bottoms could use another day. What do you say?

Time for the bathroom, anyway. Never mind the bidet.

Uhh…

While I’m asking opinions, how long does everyone leave their training wire attached to their plants?

Never really thought twice about the training wire until I noticed this Lemon Haze is growing with a vigor that she managed supercrop herself against the restraints.

I must be having problems with the lighting ratchets because I swear the light is getting an inch closer to the plants each day.

Never mind the planting job @G-paS, I meant to do a tiered planting arrangement as described but my depth perception was way off. At least the Viking Squirrel doesn’t seem to mind.

Oh by the way, forgive the delay.

I was having problems earlier with USB microscope captures using my phone. Good news is that the microscope is working just fine, it is just the USB port on the phone starting to fail. Now every time the battery percentage drops on my phone I get this feeling as though I’m living on borrowed time. Also the image appears to capture in PNG format… When will these tragedies end?

I usualy capture the microscope shots with a computer using VLC except for this time so don’t give me a hard time or anything.

Can I go now?

Of course! If only I could think of an emoji that rhymes with :pray:

20 Likes

what is this one? any black snow updates?

edit: i just saw your black snow grow show post

10 Likes

Mango Smile x 24 Carat by way of @Oldtimerunderground as bred by… As bred by @Chronickyle. My many thanks :pray:

Man I thought I was on top of this but I guess I need to try harder.

Straight out of the shower:

12 Likes