Loud (road-kill) skunk

I gotta say. Between Sam’s posts. And alot of guys I know that came up with him, the seed packages and marketing coupled with timelines not much of what Sam claims adds up. Other then he erased the Skunk. No one can verify he made it. Tbh all his peers his age say he had nothing much to do with it other then capitalizing on the name.

Now I wasnt there but the internet and time have caught up with Sam and the Skunk debate. Esp when he blocks and bans anyone that opposes his narrative on all the other forums.

He has done alot for the industry none the less. But its quite odd he is called Skunk Man when he admits he hates Skunk weed and outbread it right?

P.s. if your buddy sends me one more troll post on any of the threads or in any more dms he is getting the Chop. So if he responds it better to be contribute.

mm

5 Likes

I turn to Sam’s long term partner rc Clarke for a glimpse of truth on anything skunk. A while back Clarke published an article where he told of how skunk1 was made and it was a lot less fantastical than Sam’s version, I’ll tell you this much.

I also don’t believe he outbred the “rks”… I do think the nld afghan he used had some stink to it. He just could never lock it down and moved on.
Tom himself said he had never seen anything like rks breeding wise “its like the genotype doesn’t want to exist”. I have theories on that as I’m sure you do…

I don’t know if this was directed at me but those I frequently interact with on here are far from trolls, I certainly am the most trollish of the group. That said I don’t play that pm bs, I’ll shit on your rug while looking you in the eyes so to speak :wink:

10 Likes

Lol def not at you.

Your buddy you tagged that spams photo shopped invalid lab tests to anyone that will listen to him haha. Like as if they mean something lol.

With that being said. The only thing that people that never even grew or smoked rks loke him can only really contribute screenshots, datamine and compare stories. Which is still valuable Info

mm

2 Likes

Ok I will and get back on here after, promised. I’ve heard it’s also good for pranks…:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

So is a dead skunk! Lol :rofl::laughing:

4 Likes

I’ve never smoked rsk skunk, but after I started smoking weed, the smell of skunk triggers me to thinking someone is smoking weed. Not sure if its because I grew up around old heads or maybe I got a bag of something skunkesque. I’m too young for the heyday of skunk, but my gut tells me some midwestern farmers never stopped growing it.

5 Likes

I’ve had AK 47 pheno’s with strong skunky smells, well as much as anyone in Oz knows what skunk smells like anyway.

4 Likes

Very true about the ak47

Simon tries to keep in a secret. By not mentioning strain names. And lost the original moms so it isn’t the same anymore

But. I remember the real AK from the 90s. I can make a good guess that it was a nl#2 (mazarxthai) x shiva shanti (garlic bud X skunk #1)

Wasn’t exactly road-kill. But it defiantly had hints of it and looked very similar with the right pheno

mm

3 Likes

They still have it in kentucky. I know that 100%

mm

3 Likes

I think the secret is that Simon didn’t make it so doesn’t really know what is in it lol and yeah def the current version is not the same, more Afghan and less stink, which makes me wonder if the Sativa component of Skunk bought a lot of the funk and has been lost partly in the quest for faster flowering times and less of a smell “problem”. Definitely some of those landrace type Sativa can have the acrid cat piss smell.

5 Likes

If I am right about r2 aka nl2 being a major component. It is 11 out of 10 for pungency

I also would belivet that one of the rks clones that made its rounds in canada was an original nl#2 pre nevil hybrid x with an epic kush. Or columbian. Or ghani columbian x to her

mm

4 Likes

Look what I got as an early bday prezzy…some of nevils sour skunk from one of his best friends and colleagues. Stoked!

mm

27 Likes

A strain that made its first appearance in the 1970s or 1980s, William’s Wonder (or Willy’s Wonder), has since only continued to gain popularity as one of many purported legendary strains.

The story may have started with Sacred Seeds and Sam the Skunkman back in the 1970s but no one seems 100 percent certain. The 1987 - 1988 catalog by the SSSC breeders was the first public appearance of the strain and they did acquire a lot of stock from Sacred Seeds prior to that. It’s exact genetics are still unknown but most believe it to be descended from landrace Afghanistan Indicas. Designed to be grown only indoors with ease, William’s Wonder quickly became a favorite to growers of the time.

taken from wikileaf!..and if they are that original stock you have some serious fire at your disposal…ww is straight fire!!!

8 Likes

WW is supposed to be a full
Indica from different stock to the other Afghan derived strains of the day, the ones I have grown have been fruity, super dense and every bit as potent as anything else at the time. It’s a good yielder as well.

4 Likes

There were guys in winnipeg that grew ww for years and years. Never anything else.

I was 12. My buddies cousins were like 40. They let is go to seed once a year for new stock. By the time I tried theirs there already had like f8 or f10.

Never in my life have I seen more uniform buds, internodes and seeds or as much resin on the stock as the flower. It was dialed.

Those seeds were the first I ever popped. But at l2 years old my mom killed the first ones. My grandma the second ones and my noeghbor the 3rd ones all in one summer /spring lol

mm

5 Likes

do you know any of the ontario breeders (or at least the ones operating 10-20 years ago)? there was one that crossed every cut to stinky skunk male. smoke shop we got them from closed up in december looks like.

1 Like

I’ve always thought skunk spray also contained a fair amount of puppies breath. Especially if you’re far enough away or the scent has worn down some. The skunk I remember smoked like you describe and the puppies breath was detectable in the air. Back in the mountains you really had to know what you were smelling as you went by. Maybe a skunk … maybe someone’s patch! The patch usually had a slight hint of veg to it.

2 Likes

I think it’s been an IBL for a long time, definitely the ones I grew were almost copies of each other, there used to be a seed company called Sick Meds that carried a fem version of it for a while but I think they discontinued it. Not sure why WW hasn’t got a lot more breeding attention, maybe it doesn’t make good crosses?

2 Likes

I think Cookies renamed everyone’s best stuff with food names and stole the market lol

Like my original fruity pebbles og aka Cereal milk

mm

4 Likes

I thought WW was a some meds made for a kid named William who had Grand mal seizures real bad

1 Like