Loud (road-kill) skunk

That looks really nice man.

On the skunk train:
In case someone missed this.
The nose is full of receptors that get clogged(similar to our CB receptors) so if you’re growing buds or always smoking/smelling buds they can easily get clogged with the skunkiness around. Genetics has a great deal to do with the # of receptors you have as well. And as with most senses in life as we age the ability to smell declines.(except the 6th sense of course) :ghost:
Remove yourself from all things Canna for a few weeks or so and just about everything will be skunky-dory for a short time after. Or shoot, hop in that magic yellow submarine time machine and get your younger days’ sniffer back.

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

If you want. Put some drops outside somewhere sunny if you can? See how the air and uv make any change in the aroma

mm

6 Likes

A little update.

Crossing my fingers on a few rks stem rubs.

Rock-star kush has always been burnt rubber fuel. Lacking the source lemon and huge colas. One potential is 81xrsk feature in one of the pics below.

I have some pure kabul too that are actually alone on par for oxidized road kill with that dash of lemon lime ice trying to get thru

mm

20 Likes

I also have to mention I have a few squat "pink hybrids that seem close.

But remember. All stem rubs at this point

mm

2 Likes

I have a couple nice 6 foot tall Early Rogue that I am running outdoor for bubble hash this year and one of the pheno’s has a very nice skunky (reminds me of an afghani skunk I had kept in the 90’s) stem rub. I don’t know anything about Early Rogue other than it is an outside strain that is supposed to be hardy and get big. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

3 Likes

Bodhi’s American Skunk Selection (A.S.S.) cut is the closest thing to RKS that likely currently exists. It’s a known quantity, not some beans that “could” have “RKS”.

6 Likes

Except we have a guy running the cut right now and none of it sounds nor looks like true RKS from back in the day…

12 Likes

That gold coast hashplant a few posts up sounds pretty close tho

5 Likes

Yeah, I heard this cut is supposed to have a skunk spray smell which is why I picked it up. So far nothing of the sort, but I assume that all comes in dry and cure.

And this cut is relatively new genetics anyway. I would expect something with those terps to come from way farther back.

6 Likes

Yes we do, I’ve smoked it a few times here an you’ll smell it occasionally on some people.

It’s been a minute since I’ve had a piece of it but I do not think the stem rub smells like RKS, to me it has like a citrusy note an something else.

2 Likes

This is what I remember too

3 Likes

She reeks like hot trash garlic skunky butthole in my garden. Rivals Chem D, Death Star and other extremely loud cuts.

7 Likes

She should stink all the way through her life and it doesn’t change after drying.

The skunk in her lineage is Sterling Skunk… A skunk line that derives from 1980’s outdoor cultivated Masachussetts skunk.

7 Likes

Sterling Skunk IBL

Sterling Skunk aka Sterling Green. An heirloom Indica line preserved for decades round Sterling Massachusetts. This Indica leans, sometimes heavily, to the ‘Skunky’ side of the spectrum. One of the more stanky lines I’ve grown in recent history and definitely some unique, old school heirloom type of plants.

This generation utilized a combination of 168 male and female plants to preserve the genetics in an open pollination.*

8 Likes

i dont do social media but try asking this guy if you have instagram:

2 Likes

Have you ever grown this cut? If it really had skunk spray terps then it would be MUCH more popular.

This sounds like you’re describing Appalachian Super Skunk, which has Mass Super Skunk in it.

1 Like

Messing with a few lines from strayfox and schwaggy at the moment that sound promising. Will be following you MedMan, thanks for documenting your findings.

1 Like

carbon killers?

I have Casey killerz 5 weeks into flower, and burnout stinkerz almost ready to be flowered. From schwaggy I picked up his latest release called Noni and his giesel cross. Those are just a few weeks old in veg.

2 Likes

Yes of course. I received it once removed from the source. It’s the skunkiest nastiest smelling plant I’ve ever grown and some of the loudest smelling weed I’ve ever seen. As for why it isn’t grown that much I could only guess that the average Joe doesn’t want to smoke something that nasty smelling, and it’s not very potent. Like I said I think the only stuff rivaling it in funk and loudness are things like the real Death Star.

It’s not true RKS skunk spray but it’s probably the closest thing out there right now.

9 Likes