LPC#75 in DWC

Getting ready for Saturday when the London pound cake beans drop!

Plans for LPC#75
Keeping the 5 gallon individual bubble buckets, my middle of the road light in my 3x3 tent.
I run “sterile” reservoirs, with chlorine. I put one drop in a gallon jug and then 1/ml per 5gal at water change. I battled the funky roots and I’m mad about it. I haven’t had a single slime since the switch.

New for this grow I’ll be trying the Lucas method + calmag. I clearly have a need for calmag, my lettuce gets a similar nutrient solution and it REQUIRES calmag. I also have LED lights. I fussed with Advance Nutrients, and the GH 3 part but I think I’ll be better served with a simpler base nutrient system. I might add something at flower, something sweet maybe?

Got to get my buckets, lines, stones and such scrubbed from the past grow, then when the current crop is done drying I’ll move everyone to the tent.
Saturday, beans will go in their yogurt cup with a drop of h202, then into root riot plugs and into the nursery!

21 Likes

Looks like ur all set to go!
Wishing u all the best on this run…:v:t4::herb:

I wouldn’t add anything “sweet” to dwc, if you mean “sugars” or something.

1 Like

Sounds like a helluva plan! Nice

People swear by molasses. I thought the same with DWC. Seems like I would be feeding every microbe and insect that wondered by. I’m up to try something new (meaning, anything more than base nutes) in the flower phase.

DWC is a different animal. I really would not suggest trying to add something “sweet” (or organic even) to dwc. The “base” is the 12-14 things that the plant needs.

Lucas formula (ratio) is just a way of achieving a certain ratio of elements, while using less inputs/bottles, really. I did it using floranova bloom before, and also maxibloom.

I absolutely learned that lesson. I bought some type of organic calmag and it was a disaster. I didn’t realize the difference it would make, I was out and it’s all they had at the store. Likely the foxfarms bush doctor line. There must not be any Ca or Mg in my water because the lettuce let me know asap.

1 Like

But whatever fertilizer you’re using has calcium and magnesium in it already. And calcium nitrate is cheap, and magnesium sulfate is cheap.
You can use an elemental ppm calculator to estimate how much of each element you’re actually providing in your fertilizer solution to get an idea.

I’d say just use up what you have. Or, get some dry fertilizer of your choice (jacks, masterblend, megacrop, crop salts, general hydro has their three part in a powder form now too).

1 Like

1f2b0da7-8da5-45b1-a382-7bf212b01df7|375x500

5 Likes

Rock n roll :metal:

The first sour 60 is a dude. He’s out here unceremoniously sitting in plant time out, and I’ve moved a LPC to his spot. Need to find my other bucket for one more LPC

5 Likes

Mostly settled. Still 2 in the lettuce waiting for any males in the tent to be culled

5 Likes

Pics from yesterday, today is water day.
Couple updates. I stopped the chlorine treatments and used a bit of h2o2 in the raw water, then nutes then pHed. I haven’t seen nearly 1/10th the crud in this grow compared to last grow. I had noticed the jug I had prepared the hypochlorite in no longer smelled at all and suspect the Cl has dissipated like it does and was useless, so I dropped it.
I washed the sour 60s bucket and gave fresh nutes. It’s at 900 ppm from 600 and Its looking pissed. I may go back around and dilute her. Someone is always pissed at water change.
I’m working on finding my system for top offs vs. cleaning buckets. As they move into more aggressive growth and flower and use more solution I’m sure I’ll figure out my rhythm.

I found some spider mites. Wiped the leaves of everyone down and smeared some more corpses. My lights out time is 2am- 6am so I’m not sure how I’m going to treat them. For my other plants I drown the plan in insecticide soap couple times a week and cut off leaves that displease me. I’m not sure if that’s too harsh. I’ve been reading up, but input is welcome.

As always, suggestions and comments are very much welcome. I don’t know what the hell I’m doing ever.

5 Likes

Accidentally topped the sour 60. I must have lifted the plant into the light and broke and burnt the tip.
I didn’t know how to train it really, so I guess we will find out.
Had a horrible pH issue. Everything was low-low like 4.x :grimacing: adjusted pH and will again today.

5 Likes

They grew overnight after the pH issue was corrected.

6 Likes

Bushes.

8 Likes

I’m going to have to flip this weekend. The LPC are massive. I think they are all female. The lanky one is just lanky. I feel like it smells a bit different too.
The sour 60 is on day 49, it might be ready at day 60, but with decreasing the light, it might take longer.

Got a gift too! From @BRMTreefarmer Very excited to have some Bodhi crosses and very-very excited for the BOGx Auto! OG’s spoiling me with top tier genetics

Husband got a new phone, he wanted to try out the camera and sent me this! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

The Bodhi was his cross and a freebie from last years 420 sale over at Headies. The other was a BOG lifesaver male crossed with a Mephisto double grape auto female. I’m glad they made it to you, thats half the journey. :evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Sour 60 is doing her thing!
Only 1 of 5 LPC are female :sob:
2 sour Diesel x bubblegum hit the water last night and cracked shells today. They will go into root riots and into the nursery tomorrow likely

6 Likes

Sour 60 is stealing the show! Today is day 60, she needs a couple more weeks.
LPC is in the back, but when they come out tomorrow for water I’ll take better pictures of her for the LPC thread.

4 Likes