Mandala Seeds review

I can’t remember who it was on here, but in a Cherry Malawi discussion someone suggested this breeder as a cheap and easy option for getting some crosses of it here in the US, pretty interesting range of seeds offered, including this Kalichakra cross:

6 Likes

ayyy thats me who mentioned him. I can vouch for this guy. Real prompt, throws in lots of freebies. Awesome deals.

4 Likes

Nice! He’s high on my list of next (unnecessary) seed purchases! I like his breeding choices a lot, thanks for the heads up about it

3 Likes

agreed on the crosses. He also has cherry Malawi from KOS crossed to Subcool’s The Flav.

3 Likes

Received my shipment from Mandala yesterday.
Nice stealth packaging, everything safe and sound.
Took the better part of a month, but I knew it would take a while.
:+1:

12 Likes

Got my package last week as well!

3 Likes

I now have packs of Rishi Kush, Satori, and Mandala #1 because of how good you guys made this weed sound!

6 Likes

When you pop em definitely tag me!

2 Likes

Will do @Moka !

2 Likes

I have been quite enamored with Mandala Seeds’ creations over the years, however, I feel obligated to reveal a major disappointment with their seeds. About 1 month ago I decided to do a small 2 plant ganja grow in my little tent, with very limited space because I am using the tent to start my veggies and flowers for outdoors, anyway I started 1 Mandala fem Satori and 1 Mandala Far Out fem.
The tent is on 20 hours of light with 4 hours of dark.

Lo and behold… the Satori fem is a boy. It is showing full blown male junk. Wow, a heart sinking disappointment indeed! Considering that the plant received 20 hours of light each day, and yet still produced male flowers…. big yikes!
I can’t recollect how many fem seeds that I have grown out over the past 15 years or so, but I have never had one that was not a full female, desirable plant.
The Far Out is not yet showing any indications of being similarly afflicted.

I emailed Mandala regarding this undesirable outcome, and I am awaiting a response.

This may very well have me shunning fem seeds from here on.

12 Likes

Pretty rare but not unheard of, suppose you could always do a cross if the other is female…
Satori expresses a few different phenotypes, my favourite is the bat. It hits like one too :grin:

4 Likes

I have always had an aversion to fem seeds myself. But saying that I did buy some of the far out seeds from mandala. I’ll keep an eye out if I have any similar problems in the future. Would like to see how your other plant goes.

2 Likes

Here is the response I received from Mandala:

Hi ------------,

Can you please send us a photo of the plant?

How come it’s already flowering under a 20/4 light cycle?

Please provide details how the plant is grown: soil/hydro, container size, lamp, water pH, any fertilizers or additives in use.

Thanks!

Devi

Sales & Customer Happiness Manager

www.mandalaseeds.com

www.shop.mandalaseeds.com

I responded with all of the requested information.
I am curious as to what they will propose.

We’ll see.

10 Likes

maybe you were just due. stuff happens. could’ve been a packaging mix-up too. honestly, I’m surprised this sort of thing doesn’t happen more often.

sorry about your surprise junk.

keep us posted!

3 Likes

I’m curious to see what they say.

I had one herm on me as soon as it began to show. I don’t grow many female seeds so I was very surprised.

2 Likes

Looks like mandala seeds is running a 4/20 sale this year!

4 Likes

Well, I have to say that I am disappointed with the response from Mandala.
I received a boilerplate email which insinuated that the Satori fem seed (which was male)
was due to my ineptitude, and using the wrong light. What a load of pure piffle!

Oh well, I realize that the odds are against a fem seed being male, but it can and does happen.
I’ve probably grown around 25 to 30 fem seeds from various breeders over the past 15 years or so, and they were all nice girls.

The bottom line is that I still have 4 Satori fems left to grow, and I anticipate 4 nice girls from them.

And I am happy with the Far Out that I’m currently growing, this 2021 “edition” seems to have very little stretch compared to earlier versions. Hopefully, it will smoke as nice as the previous
versions of Far Out.

12 Likes

I told you not to use those halogens.

Shitty deal man.

6 Likes

that’s more than a little disappointing, damn. sry to hear

5 Likes

Got any pictures of the previous far out or your current ones?

1 Like