Mapito Eb & Flood - HLG starfleet - Strain Judging

WOW another great reveal Escobar!!
I love your way of grading the plants for what your after. That is a superpower for sure.
Thanks for sharing your work!!

6 Likes

That red rain got me drooling

I’ve got a f2 going of your chocolate rain and can’t wait to see what see brings

I love the way you are so selective with your plants

There’s a great show here for sure

Thanks for sharing

10 Likes

Berry Melon O, by Terphogz

I quote the creator
Berry Melon O is a solid strain achieved by crossing (Melon Bred x Melon Bred 2) with Blueberry Bred. Mostly Indica, beautiful terpene profile flower with an impressive resin production, well known and loved by many. Expect an explosion of fruity melon punch followed by smooth blueberry and summer fruits undertones.

Genetics: (Melon Bred x Melon Bred 2) x Blueberry Bred

Type: 70% Indica / 30% Sativa

Area: Indoor / Outdoor

Flowering Time: 42 - 49 days

Yield: High

I donno what i have to say to this. The ones i grow are BS.
Waste of my time and money.
The yield is low, the frost levels are that low i can trim them buds all day with the same gloves.
The taste is nowhere near melon, smooth blueberry summer fruit tones.
It smells like wood that has been drifting in the ocean for some years.
For testers like this, i actually run to the clone rooms and destroy instantly because even the compost bin would trow them back at me.
Enough said, i think you understand me.

Chocolate Rain (F1) selection, trying to find more keepers.
Not a keeper this one, if flowers to long. I looking for 9 w’s.
Terps, top bin. Yield is above average.

30 Likes

Update on TL1,
1 day short for 3w flowering.
Portofino, Fritter Licker and some other goodies.
Portofino are smelling ‘very’ citric.
When you charge such prices for seeds, they have to deliver.

TL2 (the ex Runtz S1 room) has been cleaned and restarted last weekend.

No new selections ongoing this time. I chose a jar filler run.
Two different Baklava, 3 selections of Strawberry Rain (one number was never showed here before but is also for some years with me), Original Bruce Banner (1st release of DHG), 2 Chocolate Rain, Mizzizzippi Mud.
Each crate has a different Strain.

In the mean time the ice o lator hash is dry and i am pressing cubes with the Piecemaker.
It is a slow process, cold press.
Every coin is a mixture of different strains and colors.

They are ready to go in the freezer to extract any leftover moist. It is my standard procedure.
I do not expect any but … its a standard.
After the freezer they will rest for a long time, a few months. They get their specific hashish taste after this curing. Traditionally they are stored in stone caves but i do not have that.
Some little crumbles have been added to a reefer joint and well, that was the end of my day.

Some of the Runtz S1 have been taste tested.Still early but ok …
The comments i have written down during the trimming are spot on.
Nr 5 and Nr 6 keep on having my attention.
Gelato + fruits, it does taste good.

25 Likes

I got some blue sherbet (blue cookies x sunset sherbet) and melonaid zktlz after your terpene review on it - skipped on the runtz, for now…

will share my thoughts once grown if thats ok¡

3 Likes

Gotta love sitting in a courtroom… playing on OG… lol… good morning everyone!!

4 Likes

The sheer jealousy of looking at your setups and wishing, and the drive it creates is awesome, I have literally enjoyed every moment I come into this thread.

Not only have I learned more than any other thread I’ve read, I started my journey with the terros 12 sensor, as to start paying attention to what I was letting soil do before.

Absolute amazing amount of passion goes into this, and I’m glad I can watch it unfold. Thank you for sharing a glimpse into your :brain:

7 Likes

:joy_cat: So, what did you really think of it? :sweat_smile: That’s not the sort of review the breeder was looking for, I’m guessing, lol.

Hey, @eskobar, could you tell me what the genetics are in the Strawberry Rain? Just curious.

That Runtz nr 6 was indeed a step above the others, at least in the bag appeal category. Thanks for sharing! peace

4 Likes

@GMan , it contains Strawberry Sherbet, Cherry Pie, Chocolope and Cocoa Kush.
The Runtz S1 is very good. Nr 5 and 6 will be grown again, nr 4 probably to.
The nr5 and 6 are very close in taste. They are like butter cake with berry fruits.
During the curing the smells have been evolving-intensifiying even more, stinks trough the jars.
It makes me curious what the White Runtz crosses will be.

Berry Melon O? what i think about it. Its expensive and not wurth it. Testing the last ones atm.
Not impressed overal. The flavours have not evolved and the woody sour aroma’s stay. Bah!

@the_bot, some diff pheno’s in the Melonaid Z, you should find a keeper in only 6 seeds.
Blue Sherbet was very strong but the yield was not great.

@Enjoi802 , thank you for the kind words. Its a passion, no stress.
The teros will bring you good info, you will be in control and know what is going on.
Over time you will learn allot from it.

Because of all the works ongoing on my farm i will not be overactive during the summer season.
But no worries, i am still here.

9 Likes

TL1 update, 4weeks flowering and 5 days @ 850 PFD + UV-A
6 * Portofino - Aficionado Seeds and some Archive Seeds Fritter Lickers (+ some other randoms)

Everything is going ok. The smells coming from the Portofino are very strong. Gin Tonic style.
Looking forward to chop these girls.

The data:
VPD is hard to control but still within the limits! Heatwaves vs rainstorms outside. Constant adjustments are being made.
2 powerfull drybacks have been done to create some nutrient pressure.

TL2 is about to get cloned and put into flower. Probably Thursday. Ow … they have grown allot …

Cheers, keep it green

22 Likes

Highly interesting grow sir and a joy to read through!

I noticed you went from three clones per crate to two, why did you change the amount?

3 Likes

hmmm, i have been reading up about the portofino, and maaan …
nicky

enjoy those flowers, bro !
it sounds and looks really nice :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Amazing looking

You definitely show your plants the love

I enjoy your thread immensely

Paps

4 Likes

@Hamme , yes, in LED growing 3 plants per crate is to crowded and it loses overal yield comparing to 2 or even 1 plant per crate. Target is a lower canopy with main buds that come up like pilars, evenly sized in height. Difficult to reach with all the diff strains i grow, all different phenotypes.

@santero , when i open TL1 with the Portofino, this weird chemical GIN/LIME zeste smell is overwelming. It is strong and covers up the ordinary bud scents. It is something i did never had before. Black Lime Reserve is described like that, one of the parentage. The smells do differ amongst the 6 females but they are in the same direction.
For the price they ask for those seeds, they have to show something special.
Lets hope the taste passes on when smoking. Sometimes plants smell fantastic but the taste vanishes when smoking. You will have my honest opinion on these seeds, expensive or not, i not care.

@Papalag , thank you for the kind words.

13 Likes

Neat grow, crop steering has interested me for a while now, and now I have a bunch of acronyms to look up which can hopefully lead me to further instruction :grin:

4 Likes

i highly value your input, bro. thank you !!
i’m looking forward to your opinion :drooling_face:

in case you have some free space and are interested in
growing the BLR without the “distractions”, then i can help.
(some of the great things don’t need to cost a thing :wink: )

13 Likes

Hi Esko, what would be the best way to flush before harvest in mapito.

2 Likes

I do not flush, never. I only reduce the nutrient levels by half in the last week. The last flooding i sometimes top of the leftover in the reservoir with plain tapwater, not even measuring the PH. It depends the situation.
example, i plan to trim friday and thursday they need a drink, well i top of the reservoir with tapwater, done and i flood.
I have never been a fan of flushing. The wastal salts are pushed to the top so its not really smart to flush them back in.
The pro tasters dont notice flushed or not. They cant even say if it comes from hydro, dirt or coco …

11 Likes

Thanks buddy, yes i read an article, where they were doing some blind test with Pro weed growers and smokers(people in the business), most of them agreed the unflushed weed was better.

5 Likes

Hello,
Summerbreak is over. The heat was to much.
3 months no rain, heatwave after heatwave made it exhausting. Record temperatures outside.
I did made pics from the Portofino testrun, aswell as some others.

TL1, pictures of week 8 flow.

I was very pleased with the harvest of it. When plants perform during heatwaves (i have no AC) you can say they will perform even better in normal weather conditions.

Fritter Licker nr1, the first of the batch was put in TL1 for testing.
High performance, high yield of solid flowers with decent frosting.
Dough, Chemical Earthy, Sour Fruity aromatics.
The premature bud i tasted, just dry, it did hit me …

27 Likes