Mapito Eb & Flood - HLG starfleet - Strain Judging

Portofino Nr1

Portofino Nr2
The pics i saved and had encrypted were corrupt, sorry. It will be grown again.

Portofino Nr3

Portofino Nr4

Portofino Nr5

Portofino Nr6

The nr 1 was harvested few days before the rest of em. I wanted to take it along on a roadtrip in Europe.
The aromatics were very good. The smell was so strong i had to take caution to pack it to take allong with me.
Chemical Gin Tonic notes with some mint, medium power hit. Good overal.

The rest of the Portofino numbers are more like Mojito cocktail. The mint like aromatic is akward.
One number is very fruity and one number is very high haze like.
The sour lemony mint aromatics are present in all of the numbers.
Overal i am happy with the quality for these expensive seeds. They did bring me something different.
They are going to be judged once more, due to the heatwaves i did not saw the real potential.

In the mean time TL2 unit is allready flowering some weeks. Heat made em stretch but i did tame them.

Those leds do attract musquitos in hot weather. Grrrrr

21 Likes

Bruce Banner, 1st release of DHG, since many years in my collection. Nr7, the keeper.
9 Weeks minus 1 day flowering in TL2 (few uvb + boosterbars). Grown in heatwave without AC, hard conditions, rough ride…
Still decent frost levels, some zones are full of crystals what makes it hard to photograph.
A powerhouse of a strain. Must aim the right moment to enjoy this one, it can be to overwelming.
It makes me lazy and dream, brain stop, with a submerged high energy level.
Not for every day.

27 Likes

Hey Esko didn’t realize you were here . I still think my fav bud in a minute was your Holy Princess . Man I miss it . Will you ever create it again ?? @eskobar

14 Likes

@Jetdro , yes i started here 9 months ago. Evolution updates
I still have Holy Princess parentage and also selections of it in my motherrooms … never say never.

Some more Bruce Banner trees fell down yday

30 Likes

Fresh Strawberry Rain, the best tasting of 3 selection girls. While the red one give extreme power, this one goes above it terp wise.

27 Likes

Great job my friend

Do you still have Boudica

3 Likes

Good to see your off the farm a bit Esco!!
The BB looks potent and most delicious!!
I do not think I ever ran a Strawberry anything honestly. Strawberry Rain, she is colorful for sure!!

7 Likes

@Papalag , yes i still have allot of Boudica. There have been further selections after the release. Pheno’s have been split up and more seeds were made.
@webeblzr , always work on the farm, it never stops. The works come in waves/seasons and sometimes i have many hours short per day to get all things done.

Another Strawberry Rain fell over yday. This pheno i call the Red One (the first picture of this topic is that) but now it has withstand a heatwave = less colors … but it still performed over the top.
Rocksolid buds, a snowstorm coming from a record summer heatwave of many months, no AC.
End of spring, i transformed my old Amnesia Haze (8w flowering, more indica than what is seen these days) and pollinated this Red One. Fire incoming.

In total 5 different pheno’s of the Strawberry Rain projekt were kept. 3 are still alive and are grown over and over again. So far, the Red One and the previous strawberry terp one are the ones to stay. 3the one will not survive me.

24 Likes

It’s great to hear that Boudica is still around that some strong medicine I remember it well

Thanks for all you do

Paps

6 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2)

9 Likes

Hulkmania, original Dark Horse Genetics. Since a few years in my mother stable.
X of Zkittlez, Dosi-do and Bruce Banner #3
Daysmoke, extreme orange zeste terps that stay floating in the mouth many minutes after toking.
Medium density bud structures. Massive growth after putting into 12/12, creeper style.

25 Likes

Some fresh buds of Baklava, my favorite pheno (of 2 keepers)

30 Likes

That looks sooooo good. :star_struck:

5 Likes

It does look good. Top notch buddage! Wish we could have a taste :drooling_face: lol

@eskobar does the Baklava taste like the actual Mediterranean dessert? I remember you describing the smell and taste, just wondering how close it is in taste to the actual pastry.

8 Likes

It does taste and smell like sweet fried dough with a bit of nuts/fruits.
These last pictures, the jars smell like donuts with soft undertones of gassy citrus/berry cream.
The dough effect is pretty awesome. I like it very much.

17 Likes

Esko! So happy to see you active and kickin’ again! Big fan of your work! Was a bit late to the game so have been growing SAN’s and Zanzi’s repros of some of your previous work recently.

Man those nug shots look stellar! Looking forward digging through this thread and geeking out on your garden adventures!

10 Likes

(strawberry syrup / chocolate rain) X reversed amnesia = NOW WE’RE TALKING !! :sunglasses:

this is going to be … fire !! :boom: :bomb: :muscle: :santa:

13 Likes

You’re a Rockstar @eskobar !!! Thanks for doing all you do brother ! :pray:

5 Likes

TL2 was restarted within 24h after the last budshots.
Since that day 157 kWh was used for veg.
Red Delicious, Rotten Apple, Fritter Licker and Slurbert are going on a trip.

Today they were deleafed for a part and clones were taken. The canopy has been bended flat with supercropping method. Lowest branches and cross shoots were removed.

The surface layer of the mapito was scratched lose carefully to dryout faster.

Ready for Flower, start!
We are at 1,8 EC in the reservoir. (Rootstim, Hesi Hydro VEG, supervit, calgreen, chitosan, triacontanol)

The trimming from the previous Portofino testrun was ready to make some ice-o
The good old bucket, the ice o lator bags 10+y old and still performing.
The mixer is the second one, i did burn the first one years ago.

The result smells and looks very promising. The yield was high.

Next update, TL1 @5w flowering allready.
Didnt had time to report that one from zero.

24 Likes

A matter of days left, TL1
Banana Zkittlez from Terphogz - Plantinum

Runtz

TL2 - 23 days later

23 Likes