Mapito Eb & Flood - HLG starfleet - Strain Judging

Escobar seems to be a really modest, hard working diligent person.
One often finds the best growers or any craftsmen/women have a certain ‘modesty’ about them.

I really want to try Baklava - Have you grown it yet?

4 Likes

Hey Oakapple, I’ll need to look through my seeds, it sounds familiar.
I do not know if you know about Seedheaven or not, but there are some amazing Esco strain tributes, that are most excellent, and very reasonable prices. And, some very unique, strains, and freebies also.
I’ll look, hell, I may have some Santero repro’s of Escobars, or one of Zanzibar’s repro of Esco’s,packets floating in there.
I need a day or 2, as I’m swamped in trim jail, and starting my Celia Bx1 wheel, after some upgrades.

3 Likes

Trimjail! Enjoy that…Sticky fingers! I find my hands sweat too much in latex gloves, so go bare handed, and fingers can get quite sore in the scissors loops.

Trying to wash off the sticky fingers is hard- an ideal thing might be those really old fashioned ‘‘Finger stalls’’ like mini condoms to roll onto the bud holding fingers -

I didn’t realise {Being new to forums to do with cannabis} how well known Escobar is- it’s odd, the minute I saw his photos,{Initially of his cloner} his Mapito, his careful diligence, I knew he was good at what he does…He cleans his cloner with non abrasives so bacteria have less of a hold- stuff like that, attention to detail will carry through to the rest of what he does.
His old Spartan Mentor ‘‘HD’’ was the same.

Snippety ~snip! Have fun!

6 Likes

I’ve got one in veg now

Very healthy

2 Likes

Thanks Papalag…After my hermie issues recently , I’m a bit nervous of unstable genetics- but I have solved the light leak issue at least.
Have you run Baklava to the end of flowering before?

1 Like

No I saw her on eskos thread and needed her in my collection

2 Likes

Haha! Me too!..I haven’t purchased yet. Good luck, and let’s hope yours are all Girls.

1 Like

There fem seeds they should be girls

2 Likes

One would hope so…but I had some Barney’s Farm hermie on me… {but there are a lot of hermie reports with some of Barney’s Farm seeds- I went for them as I assumed they were a long standing, well established company- but hermie reports are increasing anecdotally as they rush out new ‘Varieties’. {Especially ‘Cali’ varieties}

1 Like

Amazing density bro, after all these years! I have the cut too!

1 Like

Ok summers is over here and fall is coming in, which means the big homie @eskobar should be done with his summer runs also, which always has me drooling, where ya been good buddy and what you been up to. I hope all is well with ya.

2 Likes

Hello @Enjoi802,
All is very well here, thank you for asking. I hope you are doing fine to.
Every 10 to 15 days means a new run for me. The summer is bonus but often to hot to work in the greenhouses.
My goal is reached, going off grid and be independant of energy companies. Sun and wind are friends.
Eco friendly long term.
Allot of old and new strains passed the podium, a few were kept. Sometimes its hard to chose so it takes time and a few runs to can judge consistent performance.
During the summer allot of my fem projekts have been tested. The local grow community helped me out and i saw allot of plants, outdoors, indoors and greenhouses. The last months i seen many being harvested and also helped with a few to search for herma’s.
Ive learned that the Strawberry Rain is very dominant.
SR vs FEM xxx
XXX vs SR FEM
Thats how you learn to know your plants.

20 Likes

And you just built this flood table from wood? How did you build it? What materials and waterproofing, etc.?

1 Like

I haven’t made one of these but we used to make wooden sinks for photo darkroom use which are basically the same thing. They get framed out from 3/4” quality grade plywood, with a 2x4 joist setup supporting it underneath. One side of the bottom is mounted flush to the bottom of the sides, with the drain plumbed into that corner (plain old SS drain fitting from the hardware store) and then the other end mounted about 1-2” up the sides. We would put metal corner brackets on the sink for extra dimensional strength, drill out the drain hole, install it and mask it off with a Solo cup and a little petroleum jelly, then we would pour marine or bar epoxy inside at the high end and squeegee it level toward the lower end, and let it set, a few layers so it cures faster and you can paint it up the sides each time.

5 Likes

no, its thick PE plastic board and heat sealed togheter + welded.
Up front there is a standard 32mm pipe going downwards.
This pipe is used to attach the flooding pump to flood the table.
Without the pump i use it when i flush the mapito, the drainwater that comes into the reservoir get pumped to waste.

4 Likes

I’m not able to find this anywhere. Anyone have a lead?

1 Like

@eskobar
I recently tried the baklava from the plug and found in quite nice :+1: and enjoyable
Ty for bringing them to our attention

Paps

4 Likes

Google “Slurbert seeds” and checkout what comes up. Superior, Supreme, Brotanical Gardens, and so on have them. Just make sure those are real banks first. Expensive seeds as well. Also, seems they have a Deluxe Slurbert out. Best of luck finding what you’re looking for!!

5 Likes

New hunt for black supafrost
Week 7 minus 1 day flowering
Agriculture powder nutrients + MKP

26 Likes

Looking like a potent lady😎

5 Likes