Mental health - let's not ignore it

7 Likes

Sorry @oleskool830, but I donā€™t see any bad problems there but I can imagine the solution! :smoking:

:joy:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Hey dear one, since the goal of an incarnation is EVOLUTION its feels not good to be stuck :wink: I AM here for anyone who has mental health lessons, feel free and send me a message :heart: I can explain to you your lessons and then everythings rolls again :wink: LOVE!

4 Likes

Yeah brother! Iā€™ll kick you a message! I would love to have an understanding of what I am dealing with,I would love to stop this cycle

1 Like

Iā€™m just checking back in. I hope Ever one is well. I was spinning hard out a control. I was able to get back on track. Iā€™ve lowered my Dr recommended dose 4 2mg alpr. a day to .5mg a day. Iā€™ve stopped all illicit drug use. Do not lower doses of meds w/o Dr. approval. I had to for personal safety.

High the Indicas have been my savior. Itā€™s my silver bullet :wink:. My girlfriends back. Thank God. I realised I wonā€™t give my life up for substances or dope fiends. I deffinitely have to leave the city. After the riots, itā€™s been so bad. Fucking fentanyl has killed half the people I grew up with.

Itā€™s nice to have somewhere to be me. Humble not always combative. Iā€™m feel things I havenā€™t in a long time itā€™s nice. I forgot how good it was just to let the sun hit me. Hope all of yā€™all are safe. Please talk to someone. Thanks for having this thread up. If anyone wants to shoot the shit donā€™t hesitate. Be safe.
-J

6 Likes

Thatā€™s what OG does for us all bro. Iā€™m in a prohibition country where I sell product so I canā€™t always be the nice calm humble person I get to be here. I am not diagnosed with any mental illness but I think anyone can have problems whether their diagnosed or not.

Iā€™ve never been a user of the hard stuff like yourself but Iā€™ve plenty of friends who ā€œdabbleā€ but I live in a city where I think the stats are one in 6 people use some kind of hard drugs weā€™re in top 5 worst cities to live in tho so bare that in mind :rofl: Gunna sound cheesy but I have changed my life from hanging around idiots but what helped me was a Rogan podcast, this one:

It is a podcast on addiction now my only addiction in my life is the whacky backy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: whether you argue and say itā€™s not addictive bla bla fuck off with that shit I struggle with my addiction and that being said he states some very good points about how living in social circles like basically every human being does itā€™s hard to get out of the shit. For instance a study in rats(this is in the podcast) they caged multiple rats in a smaller cage and multiple rats in a bigger cage they made little rat communities and both studies had clean water alongside cocaine water. In the smaller cage with nothing to distract them they used more cocaine water more frequently and some died and if you think about it us ā€œusersā€ are the rats in a small cage there is no distractions in our lives to make us not think about using. And our ā€œfriendsā€ who all do the same thing donā€™t care about you trying to change theyā€™re gunna stay in the little cage getting high every waking minute of the day. So to change you need to change the crowd you run with but thatā€™s difficult coz you think these people are there for you and theyā€™re your friends but then you want to change, so the dynamic changes your friends change the way you see your friends changes because theyā€™re not supporting you now. Now you want to stop doing the same shit as them they donā€™t support your decision because youā€™re no longer sharing the same opinion(taking whatever shit they do)

One of my best friends is an ex crack addict weā€™re close friends because we share similar opinions so he doesnā€™t want to smoke all day every fuckin day. His world and my world do not revolve around smoking weed, but majority of my other ā€œfriendsā€ all sit at home all day everyday smoking. When I said I was stopping they were all like but why, I donā€™t get why youā€™d give it up THERES WORSE THINGS TO BE DOING that one always gets me :laughing: but that is not the point youā€™re trying to change your life why not support your fellow man rather than questioning his actions.

Then you come to the conclusion, they are not your friends. They donā€™t have your best at heart because if they did then theyā€™d be there with you cheering you on fucking go you man you said you was gunna do it now you have! Nah them old faces are always offering you shit, on a nice day oh me an this guy are off to X place, you comin bro? What are yous goin there for? To chill in the sunshine have a smoke. Yehh but you know I donā€™t smoke anymore. Oh but one day wonā€™t hurt right?.. coming back to my point if you want to truly change you need people who donā€™t judge you whoā€™re gunna support you but that still tell you when something is a bad idea. Not an easy thing to come by where Iā€™m from but if ya wanna change you need friends who are friends with the new you not the old you. :100: sorry for the paragraph bro hope ya watch the podcast hope it changes your fuckin life bro Iā€™m not saying stop smoking each to their own but Iā€™ve changed mine an itā€™s not easy we all struggle with something n for me it is my addiction. :v::facepunch:

5 Likes

My Brother @Baltimore. Do you have the resources and ability to leave the city? Find yourself a quiet place and be still and quiet for 10 minutes every day. Breathe, count the blessings in your life, get stoned and slow down. I guarantee if I moved back to the city I would be addicted in 2 weeks to something! Iā€™m in the country now and Iā€™ve found peace.

3 Likes

I take benzos occasionally for anxiety. I try to be very careful with them as I know theyā€™re very addictive and can lead to making anxiety worse. I recently got some passionflower (in powder form) from a local health store and Iā€™m amazed at how well it works. It totally takes the edge off and relaxes me.

Turns out in studies theyā€™ve shown it to be as effective as benzos for people with none of the crappy side effects. Give it a try if you can find some. Stay strong!

5 Likes

Yeah I actually had family in Virginia and a father in Georgia. My cousin works for Norfolk Southern. Nothingā€™s holding me here besides my mother living here. My brothers in Hagerstown he just got sentenced to 5 years so I wonā€™t see him again. Iā€™ve seen my brother for a total of 4 months in the past 17 years.

After coming off of what Iā€™ve been coming off Iā€™m not willing to give up anything that I have gained. Marijuana has brought me full circle in my life. Itā€™s not a cure-all but I used it effectively in my life to help with anxiety or some things Iā€™ve been going through. Benzos quickly became my DOC. Believe me dude as soon as I get the money Iā€™m gone thereā€™s nothing here Iā€™ll put my mom in the back of the car and take her with me. Iā€™ve put her through heā€™ll. She should be a saint. :heart:

I appreciate you hollering at me. Things have been ultimately getting better since Iā€™ve stopped using. My mother and I have a good relationship and my father and I are talking now. Iā€™ve come from the darkest spot Iā€™m looking forward to some later days. Holler at me if you need me

5 Likes

Onward, through the fog!

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

You make my day better @oleskool830. Iā€™m glad I got the opportunity to have someone lead by example. I guess Iā€™m saying thanks for caring enough for a stranger. :wink: I hope you have many happy weed filled years to come. Thanks bro and anyone else whoā€™s hurting. Your not alone, talk to someone. Yā€™all be safe. Happy 4th tanks!
-J

2 Likes

@Baltimore I havenā€™t had problems with addiction aside from cigarettes, but I have Zanax for anxiety. How I handle them is very carefully. I use the following rules because quite frankly they are very enjoyable. I never take more than 1 pill in a day and only touch them at last resort. If I have taken them 2 days in a row already and I go for the bottle, I donā€™t allow myself to take them as by the 3rd day I know I am only trying to get high and stick to my weed only. Donā€™t know if this helps, but this is what I do to make sure I donā€™t become strung out on them.

4 Likes

Absolutely. Iā€™ve been on them since my late teens by a Dr. I have anxiety to the point of being gorophobic. The Drs up here agree I need to go up on the anxiety. Iā€™m with them at least 2mg a day.

I had to go down for a bit to drop the rest of the habits. Iā€™m in a sweet spot right now. The hard opiates made me a monster. Thank God I donā€™t have that gorilla on my back. Thanks for the kind words. I had a seizure coming off benzos too fast. God that hurts. Have a good one. :call_me_hand:
-J

3 Likes

:thumbsup: @Meesh & @Baltimore

I used to RELY on Xanax 3x/day about 7 yrs ago after my PTSD & etc. got worse. Small doses fwiw but developed the dependency & without it I was fucked. This was an awkward nightmare having no healthcare insurance at the time. The ACA/Obamacare made it plentiful. :unamused:

Then I grew my own weed with intent & effort and after that first harvest I used about 3 doses over a year. :clap: :herb: :trophy:

I think it has been 2+ years since I ā€œneededā€ one. :calendar:

I discovered OG & my gardening has improved a lot. Itā€™s also essential to me now. :sweat_smile: :syringe: :laughing:

Lemon Balm was recommended in this very thread by @gordongecko (hey man, hope youā€™re well :hugging:) as an alternative to Xanax or for anyone with difficult anxiety. Itā€™s AMAZING. :lemon: :herb: It is like a mild or weak xanax but without the dizziness & less blood pressure drop in my experience. And my terminally ill mother is now a believer as well. :ballot_box_with_check:

Thanks again @gordongecko, youā€™re a good dude.

@Baltimore I canā€™t recommend Lemon Balm enough; itā€™s cheap & safe & available in grocery stores. Even overgrow your own. :grin:

:yin_yang:

7 Likes

Thank you so much. I tell myself that I need massive doses of benzos but thatā€™s not the case it can be managed with other ways and Iā€™m seeing that now. Iā€™ll get there. Like I said Iā€™m mentally sick but I have to stop using that as any kind of an excuse for excess use of benzos. Realizing that then actually applying it is the keyā€¦I believe that anyway. Lobe you guys. Be safe. And love your body for who you are. Donā€™t let em rip you up because you want change in your life.

Iā€™m going through all of it. :wink: Just kill em with kindness. I shine you shine we shine is how itā€™s supposed to be. Should be. People find a way to EFF everything good up. Guy was smoking out front the dispensary this morning in a big was sale line. Idiots. Later
J

5 Likes

thereā€™s probably more still :smile: but I suggest you grab some Lemon Balm(about $10US for a bottle of capsules, powdered leaf).

try and replace one of your regular xanax doses with one or 2 lemon balm.

i wouldnā€™t be so admanant if I didnā€™t think it were life-changing.

:wink:

5 Likes

Itā€™s almost impossible to kill and will spread everywhere if you let it. I just pulled some with massive roots out of a place where it didnā€™t belong and handed it to a friend. :herb::herb::herb:

4 Likes

I keep mine in pots. Just started growing it this year. Eventually it will be big enough to harvest and dry. Maybe I will try to capsulate it.

3 Likes

I have mine in pots too. That does not keep it from spreading, trust me. :wink:
It loses essential oils quickly when dried, so I soak some in 50% vodka or 96% ethanol. Makes a nice good night drink (diluted to a drinkable percentage of alcohol).

5 Likes

I got some loose, dried lemon balm and used it in tea and it didnā€™t do anything for me. Iā€™ll have to try some capsules. Passionflower tea has been really great though, puts me into the chillll zone haha

5 Likes