Mental health - let's not ignore it

My son struggles with Zanax and alcohol. He has only drank once in the 5 weeks he’s been here. But the Zanax is tough for him. He’s down to 2 per day which is progress. He came home where he has family that love and support his efforts to try and get a hold on his life. Something he didn’t have in L.A.
@Muleskinner’s Crater Lake has been the silver bullet. I roll him a fat one and he couldn’t give a shit about a Zanax or a beer! Thank you @Muleskinner! I’ve got F2s and F3s growing now.

6 Likes

Can you smoke the shit? Sounds interesting. I’ll get some for my son tomorrow. Thanks!

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

To be honest, I wish the entire world would just give up alcohol and switch to weed. I think alcohol is the absolute devil. I rarely drink since my 20’s, just don’t like myself when I drink. As for the Zanax, it’s really easy to see how easy an addiction to them could take hold. My little 1mg pills last me like 6 months as I try all other natural methods to quell my anxiety first. Generally only use them for actual panic attacks and try to LITFA the bottle. I have noticed that when you are using them properly aka panic attack they don’t actually get you high, they just work. If I’m high off of one it’s clear to me that I took it prematurely and unnecessarily. Luckily I don’t have the addiction gene, but anyone could get hooked.

5 Likes

Passionflower? I’m not really sure tbh, I think it’s generally eaten/drank but who knows lol

2 Likes

Ms oleskool takes them for debilitating panic attacks and doesn’t touch them otherwise. She gets 15 a month and always has some left. Scary shit! Beware!
I can show Ms oleskool a jar of Sativa and blast off! Instant panic attack. She’s an Indica kind of gal.

3 Likes

Interesting! I’m the exact opposite, heavy indicas panic me out. Everyone is different. Yeah a 30 days supply lasts me forever and I usually end up giving most of them away.

5 Likes

@beacher It’s a weird thing; I tried 1 & it sent me off for a nap & then tried emptying one & taking a half dose & that was the AH-HAH! :bulb: moment. I haven’t figured out the “science” yet but food seems to interact & sometimes 1 cap doesn’t feel quite enough but I’ve never had 2.

@oleskool830 challenge the kid :wink: to the lemon-balm & see what he thinks. If it doesn’t do the trick then no harm done. :thumbsup:

:rolling_eyes: riiiiiiight :moneybag: :wink: j/k

Have a nice monday y’all.

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

That’s interesting. What amount are the capsules listed as on the label? Is it standardized? Also is it a fancy brand or just something from Walmart or whatever? Gonna have to try some.

1 Like

Here’s the brand my grocery store has, with all the vitamins & supplements & herbs:

and the chermistry bit below

3 Likes

Looks dank lol, thanks!

2 Likes

Glad to see Im in good company lol
tried that passion flower but it was kinda heartracing uppy for me made my heart palpitations worse, mind racing etc.
I read a small percentage get that with it after Id tried it.

2 Likes

Finally got back to this thread. Ive got to get my head right. Ive weened down my benzos. Got the hard opiates and pills out. Its been a long hard road. Im so glad we can talk about this like civilized people. I try not to fly off the handle like a jackass.

I’m balancing mental illness and the family. I’m so angry at myself that I tend to lash out. Does anyone go through this? Now that I’m getting clean people wanna tear me down. I think I’ve created this false reality and now that I’m on my journey I’m realizing what I’ve helped create.

Thanks to all of you for being so kind to me. @cannabissequoia thanks for being so cool and my man @oleskool830. He’s been such a nice guy. I’m gonna stick around and try to shut up and take advice. Has anyone grown any grass that helps with anxiety. I suffer terribly. I don’t like to substitute. I feel like indica leaning strains help the most. There’s got to be good strains that help with inflammation n pain.

I like the dispensaries that list like anti viral properties and such. If anyone has info on these strains or something you’ve tried holler at me. I understand there’s no silver bullet but with proper counseling and changing your patterns a lot can be achieved.

Sorry for the super long posts. Thanks to all of you. Lemonbalm? I’m willing to give anything besides hard narcotics a try. :blush: Y’all be safe. Do something nice for yourself today. Even if it’s a sec to destress for 5 mins and tolke a bowl. My counselor leaves me with tidbits of positivity for the day. She’s a sweetheart. Later.
-J

4 Likes

Lemon Balm is what Dr’s should try prescribing first, IMO. Seriously.

If you consume caffeine I’d stop that. My caffeine tolerance is gone & a soda feels like speed. :blush:

Ken’s GDP was a nice calming strain for me.

I’ve gleaned a lot from Buddhism without being a Buddhist; Awareness of your breathing (as in observing yourself – is it fast/slow, deep/shallow? forget to breathe? (me :joy:) ) is a great way to grab ahold of the moment. Being present & not distracted or preoccupied is the goal there.

Taking hold of ones anger & caring for it like a fussy baby & calming it instead of torching it with chemicals. :thumbsup:

Tend ourselves like a garden: good nutrients, pull out weeds, no poisons, ride out the seasons.

I’m distracted & not at home atm; will try to find some good links in the next couple days.

4 Likes

For anxiety, I like a 1:1 THC:CBD variety. There are many available on the market. I like to make a tincture with it without heating the cannabis and using natural evaporation.This gives me a tincture that is THCA/CBDA and has most of the terpenes still intact.

This tincture has stopped my panic attacks cold. I call it my rescue medication. You wont get high, just an overwhelming feeling of calm. It allows me to go out in public.

4 Likes

I didn’t even think about that. The Juanita cross is your 1 to 1? I was thinking of edibles. I’m gonna be honest. I’ve never eaten a dose of MJ. I’ve been told edibles help better with pain any my gorophobia, God anything that would help that.

I have GAD but the social aspect gets me. I don’t like large crowds and public speaking. I almost go into shock sometimes being overwhelmed. The breathing techniques and stuff maybe later. Right now I have to remain abstinent from fentanyl and massive benzos doses. I’m coming around more and more everyday it gets skittle better.

I have to be honest with myself. I can’t recreationally use opiates any more. My Father and I are speaking well now. :+1:life’s too short. Love y’all too. Be safe out there.

3 Likes

Hey brother. You’re doing fine man. You know “what’s up” with yourself and all you can do is be you. Can’t be anything else. Take it or leave it. Put yourself at the top of your list of important people in your life. It’s you that you have to live with. Love yourself and be patient my friend. It’s all gonna be just fine…I promise! All love…

3 Likes

Oh yeah @Baltimore. We have found that Hurkle is particularly good for anxiety and sense of well being. I try and keep it around for Ms oleskool as she suffers with panic attacks occasionally. Peace.

2 Likes

My main man @oleskool830. How are you doing today sir? I dropped your kite off. Hopefully you have it by the end of the week.Hlw are you feeling today? Hope your staying cool. It’s gonna be 100s here for the next couple weeks. Give Zappa a nice belly rub for me, and say hello the the Mrs. Oleskool. Let me know when she touches down so my anxiety goes away lol. Have a good one bud.

2 Likes

Makes sense, it’s a 1:1 cross of Harlequin and Querkle

4 Likes

It’s such nice herb. Relaxing, a sense of well being rarely found, audio enhancement, it’s just “so nice” Appetite stimulating, giggly and resolute.

3 Likes