Mental health - let's not ignore it

I want to do this! If it works where you are, it should work in the Hill Country. Yes? :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Prezactly! Best medicine on the planet for PTSD, Major Depression, and more. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

So the empty nest is hitting me harder this year.

I see my kids twice a year, two weeks in the summer and a week during Christmas.

They are getting older and developing as individuals as well as having a healthy sibling relationship. I see so much of myself in my kids, I can tell despite the terrible living arrangements (living with their mother) it’s only making them more and more like me. (This is a good thing imo)

I always have a down day or two after I take them back home but This time it’s particularly rough. I caught myself not eating, sleeping a lot, and generally out of fucks to give.

Not really looking for sympathy just wanted to vent.

15 Likes

Dang. :neutral_face:

I wish my dad was writing this about 20 years ago…(well, that and the weed thing hah).

I just had the recent realization that I should have started growing 20 years ago… and that was discouraged out of me via my dad’s fear & paranoia, like almost everything else. He has no awareness of his own untreated neuroses and I believe early senility is starting at 70yrs. It sucks & extra sucks because I can’t convey anything through that stubborn parental wall, being the child, and one with “issues”. His only friend is quite batshit crazy so it’s easy for him to feel square as can be. :thinking:

heh. i set out to give you a pat on the back & some comraderie but here i am stoned & going off on a rant, nearly.

jus sayin, you seem like a parent that any kid would want, be jealous of. if you’re just bored go check out volunteering at a library or school teaching kids or even adults to read. i think you enjoy teaching based on your post.

have a better day, on me. :wink:
hehe

:evergreen_tree: headbanger’s ball 12am…meeeemmmorriiiieess…

10 Likes

Stay strong brother! If you need to vent, you know how to get ahold of me.

6 Likes

Look,… I myself am bat shit KRAZY, saying the shit is half the battle, if you need to vent this is a damn good place. Once you get the shit off of YOUR lawn you just feel better…I wholeheartedly advocate three things in life…live today like there will be no tomorrow, but pay the bills just in case. Dance in the rain like a child yearly, its good for the soul…and finally when you hurt, it is OK to shout at the wind, if you do those three simple things along with following a few golden rules…your life will indeed simplify enough to pacify.

:peace:

14 Likes

I think all humans are at least a bit nuts but some are better at hiding it. I just vented steam on my cortisone injection thread and it can make you feel a bit better. We stoners have suffered in silence far too long because of our perverted injustice systems.

7 Likes

No one stays perfectly healthy from the day they are born until the day they die. Everyone gets ill, it comes with the territory. Physically mentally spritually sexually however you want to put it. And in every case it’s a matter of doing the best you can to treat yourself the best way you can to get well.

7 Likes

True dat my brother @Albannach. Be still and quiet for 3 to 5 minutes a day and count the blessings in your life. Making a habit of this changed mine. Nutt’n but love bro. :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Wise words brother, cheers :thumbsup: Take care of you and yours. Respect!
A

4 Likes

it may be a case of semantics but i personally take issue with the term “mental illness” because illness implies/connotates disease, infection, filth, wrong living, etc… at least to my ass.

(and ears)

but “optimality” is rarely used. :yin_yang: :pencil:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Semantics. Diabetes is an illness. There’s no stigma…it’s exactly that. This thread is aimed at that kinda thought pattern that makes people think it’s “wrong” or people are some kind of “damaged”

You’d never say “stay clear of that cancer patient they’re a bit weird” what’s different?

5 Likes

I prefer “brain worms” to explain my krazy ass. :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Only the paranoid truly know the score :grin:

6 Likes

I used to know I was crazy and by definition that meant I was sane
Now im sure im sane and the world is nuts.

Cod liver oil/ st johns wort for mood stabilisation
lemon balm for anxiety/panic attacks
weed for those days when I need to laugh
accepting helplessness/inevitableness/infiniteness/nothingness for the cure to paranoia

A magpie looked at me earlier and cried out a laugh, Im not sure if he was laughing at me or trying to tell me something. one day im sure I’ll understand. :om_symbol:

10 Likes

The fact that you know you are nuts means your probably not that crazy after all :laughing:

9 Likes

Many peoples problems stem from low self-esteem. It’s an affliction that badly cripples the intelligent among us. It’s natures way of compensating the stupid so they can still get ahead, become your boss or maybe even your leader.
While your busy doubting yourself, they march on in a blaze of ignorance then blame you for their failures.
If history could teach us just one thing, it would be - DON’T BEHAVE LIKE SHEEP!

9 Likes

Magpie is my totem animal, they find everything funny.
Ive noticed this with animals
the stupid ones go in head first get the food/ prize
the timid ones hang back and wait to see ts safe and miss out (Me)
most others fall somewhere between.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese…

@Albannach

8 Likes

They say fortune favours the brave.
The brave often turn out to just be reckless individuals sometimes blessed with dumb luck.

Don’t be hard on yourself, it’s amazing you (or any of us) exist at all :grin:

7 Likes

Right on, right on, right on! @Albannach. Da trufe! :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes