Mental health - let's not ignore it

Yesssir! Essence of Profundity! :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

I’ll admit it. . . I suffer from SGS :sob:

3 Likes

Everytime I visit this thread. It makes me feel so much better that there’s a global community at everybody’s fingertips that will do all they can to help and pass no judgement. Felt like a dick when I first started the thread but my mind wasn’t in such a good place and talking (typing) actually helped.

@gordongecko the one that dives straight in to everything too. 75% of the time it’s a wrong move mate :rofl:

8 Likes

of the various therapies and therapists i’ve experienced, the one really meaningful & helpful one was a group therapy when i sent myself to rehab for alcohol & weed at age 22. i was lucky to have golden health insurance & they were paying like 800$/day for me to attend 9-5/M-F. :astonished:

it was a very diverse group, and i think that was crucial to it’s value.

there were Napa housewives who over-indulged on wine & xanax… and crack-whores… and court-ordered violent SEALs dischargee(live piercings at break time).

some real exposure to the idea that suffering doesn’t discriminate.

in the end, i left prematurely & stayed tee-totaler-sober for a year & a half.
:wink: (i had a BMW 2002 to work on when they wanted to have me cutting out paper christmas tree ornaments, and i was 22, c’mon…)

so Overgrow is group therapy plus free cannabis advice & resources. :thumbsup:

:evergreen_tree: :grin:

5 Likes

I had the same experience in the 70s at about the same age @cannabissequoia. The diversity of the patients was what I enjoyed also. Spent 90 days. Sober…90 days!

Re-Hab is for quitters! :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I would love to have about 4 different pints with a good meal like I used to then but now 1 bottle feels like a six-pack because of my bladder/nerve problem. Caffeine out the window too. Nobody likes pissing every 5 minutes, especially me. :rainbow:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

I feel ya brother! I can’t throw down the Budweisers like I used to. Old liver is not up to speed. I still have a cold one now and then. Usually just one though. (24 oz)! :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

i had stage 4 cancer took chemo and rad i guess most people do not live threw it but i did at terrible cost the treatment was hard on my body ever year some thing new comes up in my body that is fuck up due to treatment.i will never take them western medicines again.

7 Likes

a lot of people suffer from mental illness and do not realize it until their lives or ruined .the us government helps mentally changled people none.

7 Likes

:hand_splayed: That’s why we help eachother help ourselves here… :wink: :v:

1 Like

some people or just ass holes.when they get help it is just in their genes.

3 Likes

or Jeans (levis) :jeans: !! :laughing:

:v: have a better day

2 Likes

hang in there man, I hear you, every surgery or drug they give you takes a little more of your health away, that is my experience too.

One of my uncles went in for a checkup at age 86 and when the nurse asked what medications he was on he said “none”. they came out and got his wife because they thought he must be delusional! He was healthy, most of my older relatives were healthly and lived to their 90’s. The sooner your start taking Pharma meds the sooner you go downhill, but they have us by the balls now, so many chronic conditions you’re forced to take their treatment sometimes.

I’ve had thyroid cancer and I just read a study that said annual dental xrays - medically unecessary - could be responible for thyroid cancer doubling and tripling since before WWII. that’s what you get when health care is ruled by greed

7 Likes

i agree with you 100%.this dam western medicine i call it.

4 Likes

I try to use only natural remedies myself to any ailment. Sounds like you had a right bastard of a time. But you’re still here and fighting so you’re obviously a strong person.

2 Likes

yea life has shit on me a few times. i will make it one way or another.

4 Likes

And we will be here for you too bro.

2 Likes

this is the first time in 24 hours since my adrenaline has stopped because of my ptsd/hyperacusis combination and noise from neighbors. blazed about 4 grams.
11pm Sundays, MY time. 4:30am everyday, the hell begins. :ear:

thanks for being here 24/7 guys/gal

:evergreen_tree: thanks @LemonadeJoe

4 Likes

You are not alone…

2 Likes

Do earplugs help at all?

2 Likes