Mental health - let's not ignore it

Yes and no. :slight_smile: I have dozens, theyā€™re in my pockets at all times, all over the house youā€™ll see neon orange thingsā€¦ heh. And I can double up with earmuff types. Happily discovered a ā€œrainfallā€ white noise recording on youtube yesterday.

The ā€œnoā€ factor is I also have tinnitus(ringing) in the ears, so I have to choose my pain, they donā€™t do anything for low-frequency noise(the kind you can ā€œfeelā€), and after hours they hurt just from being in there. :stuck_out_tongue:

The simple solution is to just ā€œmove awayā€ but like a lot of folks i live where i do because of $ or the lack thereof. Itā€™s a future hope for me.

The crazy solution is to build a soundproof bunker immediately behind my homeā€¦ and probably the one I can actually do. $ being the basic issue with that too. heh.

Iā€™d love to incorporate a bit of greenhouse into such a thing too. :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Try some lemon balm better than cannabis for anxiety induced adrenaline/heart palpitations (for me anyway)
gets rid of the startle/jumpiness
changed my life.
its like being normal again.

I use these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swanson-Full-Spectrum-Lemon-Balm-500mg-60-Capsules/253340072353?var=552499294779&hash=item3afc3eb9a1:m:m0nvQqFvrI3J8_zx_BZSaVg

You can grow it but it takes a lot to make one cup of tea

1 Like

ā€¦coming from you dear brother sir, iā€™ll get some today. :slight_smile:

(not a jab at your nerves, a nod to experience & kindness!)

2 Likes

Its been so good I preach about it to everyone :laughing:

I used it for a few months then almost stopped completely
now I take one every now and again to ā€œtop upā€

also try it with CBD, seems to be some interaction there

1 Like

4 Likes

Iā€™m bipolar and bpd. I take the meds my Dr gives me religiously. Iā€™m very unpredictable otherwiseā€¦

4 Likes

Thanks for joining the conversation. :slight_smile: Itā€™s hard to hit the Like button on thatā€¦ :thinking:

:om_symbol: :scales: :peace:

:evergreen_tree: will if you ask me too hehe

2 Likes

:lemon: :herb: :thumbsup:

GordonGecko recommended Lemon Balm somewhere on OG and I am glad he did. Itā€™s like Xanax without the dizzy & lowered blood pressure.

Oh, he might be doing both, but heā€™s spot-on with the Lemon Balm :laughing:

It takes the anxiety down(even put me out) and changes a Sativa to an Indica. heheh

:v:

2 Likes

Yo GABA GABA. Did I say Xanax? Bam.

:evergreen_tree: the intuition is strong in this one

2 Likes

Itā€™s ok either way. They give me abilify to stabilize my moods and trazodone to sleep. I have a script for klonopin but I rarely take it. Only time I do is when I wanna get knocked out lol.

1 Like

Cheers for that. I hope it helps some others too

The GABA thing is something I researched before but came to the conclusion our science is only interested in single compounds for capitalistic reasons. There is no money to be spent on the synergistic actions of natural medicines.
People have been using herbs for 000ā€™s of years and prescription meds for what? like, 200 at mostā€¦
if the research helps someone to try it, who am I to judge, if it helps it cant be bad

Glad it worked

3 Likes

Me too bro. I have major depression and take mine as prescribed every day. I wouldnā€™t need them if I had a source for shrooms. Micro-Dosing the correct amount daily and I am better than any pharmaceuticals can do for me. :cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

I can vouch for Swanson products in general. They make some of the best quality products you could hope to get in supplements.

2 Likes

I like their TV Dinners!

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

hahaha youā€™re high :smile:

:evergreen_tree: all lost in the supermarket

3 Likes

Was diagnosed bi-polar/manic depressive, with schizophrenia psychosis (the rather rare olfactory hallucinations only version) at the age of 15ā€¦ had a severe speech impediment (stutter) since birth. Was on a crapton of meds in my youthā€¦ Prozac,depacote, artane, stelazine, lithium, haldol, etcā€¦ medication for the diagnosis, then more medication to deal with the side effects of those medications, and so on. After hitting pretty much rock bottom a couple years later, I decided to cut the meds completely and rely on nicotine to help with the brain chemical imbalance. Been off meds ever sinceā€¦ Definitely took a lot of willpower and inner strength and rebuilding myself as a person from square one, with constant work on it everyday, but way better than how I ever was on meds. I was at the point in meds where I didnā€™t feel like ā€œmeā€, but more like a shell of me, nothing but unfeeling facade, and I did not like that person.
So yeah, thatā€™s my mental health story, as unglamorous as it is lol
On the non-mental sideā€¦ hyperthyroidism and hypoglycemiaā€¦ great for parties since I burn through alcohol usually faster than it can really affect me, but sucks because I canā€™t gain weight and need a pretty large calorie intake just to maintain my 140 lbs at 5ā€™11, along with constantly watching my sugar and making sure I have some sort of sugar intake throughout the day (Dr. Pepper on work days since I hate cotton mouth, and sugar tablets on days off)

6 Likes

Thank you very much for your sincere openness.

May I PM you with my own issues/questions? I see some similarity but not the whole menagerie and youā€™ve traveled a bumpy road :motorway:.

:peace: :yin_yang:

3 Likes

sure, anytimeā€¦ Iā€™m pretty open about stuff lol

3 Likes

I was gonna respond but I know there are people who will be much better suited to helping you. Working through bits. Iā€™m still here for a chat though

3 Likes

Any OGers besides myself experience seasonal influences in mood/etc.? :unamused: :fallen_leaf:

Thankfully it is not extreme for me but it is significant & was glad when I understood it.

7 Likes