Mental health - let's not ignore it

For sure, when it rained for two weeks straight here I was feeling as gloomy as the weather. Your not alone!

2 Likes

SAD is the technical term but itā€™s usually caused by a lack or decrease in melatonin and serotonin. A vitamin D supplement should help your mood

2 Likes

:thumbsup:

My friend has it pretty severely & got a full-spectrum lamp as a kidā€¦ canā€™t say it worked for him, though. He had bigger troubles ahead.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

It has rained in Texas for weeks! :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

ā€¦my Dad asked me to check on Llano, & I thought uh-oh, more crazyā€¦ :gun: :church:

Howā€™s that Ark :rowboat: cominā€™? :laughing:

3 Likes

Not only seasonal affective disorder, but I think certain holidays or anniversary can affect moods too.

2 Likes

My parentsā€™ separation & family dysfunction, & my health has pretty much ruined all of the traditional holidays for me. Add the hyper-commercialization of :christmas_tree: christmas and political-correctness turds :poop: to the mix and, yeah, iā€™m skipping thanksgiving for the 2nd year. itā€™ll be a glass-half-full kind of day where iā€™d wish for the ideal, but really enjoy the quiet/decreased noise pollution at home. That is how I have come to be a Superbowl fan: all the drunks & #$%^&* are on their couches & incapacitated so I can enjoy being outside or drive with some ease. :smile: :beers:

2 Likes

@cannabissequoia I stopped celebrating x-mas about 5 years ago for the same reason. Just messed with my mental health. The few family members I have left for the most part respect my wishes, my Mother however will not and still tries to force it on me. Even so, it has helped my holiday depression quite a bit, although it is still hard to ignore due to the hyper-commercialization you speak of.

4 Likes

I do mate, I get that SAD it makes me feel like shit :cry:

2 Likes

I always visited my mum when she was alive at Christmas but since the day she was buried I have not seen my family at all. They are a bunch of racist cns and I am glad to see the back of them and the town they live in, which is also pretty racist overall.

Came here to the thread to post something else though, earlier in the year I suffered from depression more than usual and nothing shifted it until I started making my own BHO and vaping that.

It seems like it shifted the ratio of THC/CBD and allowed my mood to elevate. Now I mostly vape the oil and every now and then have a bong, which has a very different effect and balances out the vaping.

Sure life still throws me curveballs and they still affect me but it seems to me like I have more of an ability to bounce back and regain a normal mood.

Just throwing that out there for people looking for any way to just feel a bit better.

4 Likes

Bi-polar (depressed prone), PTSD (anxiety, depression, insomnia), Mentally and physical abusive marriage (divorce in progress, #2) I have been dealing with bipolar and depression my whole life, my daughter also walks this path with me and together we cope like those with any form of mental disorder. The PTSD was brought into focus from home hospice of my mother, It was by far the most traumatic event of my life. In the end, at the last breatheā€¦ itā€™s all horrible. All of those images naw at my soul every night when I try and close my eyes. Adding abuse problems like being told your a piece of shit till I believed it and thereā€™s a constant threat of more violence being used as a control measure by the abuser. It all adds up to whole bunch of mental problems that I am currently in therapy with two kinds of mental help. One for mental and physical abuse and one for grief therapy. I am also med canna user and still in the experimental process with vapor carts, capsules, tincture and concentrates. I have been using cannabis as medicine for 30 years for bipolar, I canā€™t stand crowds, loud noises make me skitz and screaming will throw me into a fight and defend posture.

I have made progress and am working towards a better me every day, just like every one else.

I can share this one thing with everyone that will help, just be good to yourself.

12 Likes

:wave: Hey man.

:relieved: :v:

Thank you for sharing your struggle.

I apologize for the short reply-- iā€™m baked. :smile:

:hugging:

:evergreen_tree: :yin_yang:

4 Likes

Thank you for your compassionate sharing of the ā€œkinksā€ in your life. Keep working. Take 2 minutes every day to count the blessings in your life. It will change. In the meantime, oleskool always saysā€¦

:cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

I know this may not be the right place, but Iā€™m having a hell of a day today. I put my dog down yesterday and Iā€™m having major issues with the decision today. She was my first kid, she was there when my twin sons died at birth, my 3 kids had never known a day without her, and in 15 years I had never felt alone. She was 15, blind, deaf, senile, had bad hips, and weighed way below what she should. She peed and pooped her cage every night and every day, she barked all night but she never knew what she wanted. I thought I was doing the right thing because I didnā€™t want to see her waste away any further than she already had, but today I have remorse and no way to reverse the decision. My wife has taken this harder than me, I thought I was fine, but the waves of regret are building not subsiding. Iā€™m so mentally fucked-up about this all I want to do is lay down and die. Just getting shit off my chest Iā€™m sorry yā€™all have got to be the recipients of my crying. She was more than a pet, for 15 years she was my kid, she was more human and personable than 99% of the people walking this Earth. I try to stay the positive DR Jek, but today Iā€™m definitely Mr Hyde and all my thoughts are dark and self harming. I regret opening up and posting this, but itā€™s typed so Iā€™m letting it go to print.

7 Likes

Brother, @Dr_Jekyll. I know your pain. I too had to put down my beloved best friend,The Reverend Willie McNasty a couple of months ago. He had advanced heart worm disease and was 15 years old. My grandkids also never knew a day without The Reverend. He traveled all over the country and Mexico with us. You did the right thing for your suffering loved one. But itā€™s so painful for us that are left. Sending big love to you my friend. It gets easier.

9 Likes

Thank you brother. Itā€™s not often I break, but this has me fairly shattered.

6 Likes

Whenever it overwhelms us we try and think that wherever Rev. Willie is heā€™s running down the beach in Mexico harassing Pelicans because thatā€™s when he was happiest. Youā€™ve got me a little teary eyed
now! Much love bro
:cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

Thanks brother. The feeling of guilt comes from my selfishness and wanting her here. My wife is talking it harder than me. But with love her memory never does, therefore she will live forever. That bit helped me more than you know.

Iā€™m about to blast the hell off on an adventure to the other side. I will see yall soon from the dark side of the moon. I ended up eating closer to 9gs of cubes lol.

5 Likes

@Dr_Jekyll I had the same remorse when I put my cat of 17 years down. Iā€™m so so very sorry for your loss! ((hugs)) big big big ((hugs)) to you! Grief is tricky, give yourself some time and just allow yourself to feel your pain. Itā€™s a process. You know she is no longer suffering and that itā€™s for the best. Go easy on yourself and give yourself a break. Time is your friend.

4 Likes

Thank you Meesh. I am not one to pour my feelings out for public digestion, but I have no outlet at this time. So you guys and gals get the joy of being my shoulder to lean on and ear to cry in. This community has honestly given me a renewed faith in humanity. The acts of compassion and generosity are something I have never experienced and Iā€™m glad to be a part of.

6 Likes