Mephisto crosses from BasementBeans, Blackstrap clone, first STS reversals

Already out of likes, which I’m fuming about btw. It must take a few days after you use all of them to build them back up. Shiiiiyit! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

But anyways… I can’t wait to see them grow up! Usually I have pics online to go by. Even though those aren’t always accurate. I have pics you guys have shared of the parents but it’s still such a mystery. Not knowing how the cross will turn out has really made this fun and exciting!

8 Likes

@hollyho I’m checking in because I abandoned my grow log (It was so awfully bad, and I just got embarrassed!), but I didn’t abandon the Blackstrap plants.
They were harvested about 6 weeks ago, and have been curing since then. I know you mentioned some nasty aroma profiles, but I got one that smells like grape candy, and the other has a kombucha fruitiness to it.
I just sampled my first bud from the grape candy pheno, and I’m loving it. Took a snapper out of the bong, and got a nice warmth over my face, followed by a nice calm serenity. I don’t feel crazy stoned, but I do have a little head-spin that’s a little disorienting. Really digging it, and I appreciate you gifting me the beans!

5 Likes

Hmmm… I wonder which cross they were! :joy: the nasty smell came from the Dg x. It’s also the only one I’ve grown out of those crosses. If I’m remembering correctly, you got the mixed pack? I really wish I knew which one had the grape candy smell :drooling_face:

Thank you for updating! Sorry your journal didn’t turn out the way you wanted :confused: maybe next time!

3 Likes

those Ewoks are looking beautiful!! @hollyho

7 Likes

I think you get 60 likes a day.

2 Likes

They’re getting it now! How long are you going to veg?

2 Likes

Till my tents ready haha. I think they will be big. But only keeping 4. 4 I’m just starting for someone.

2 Likes

Ya most were planted at completely different times. Trying to even them out a little. Of course I might do what I did the last time and flower 3 and keep 1 for the extra 2 months and scrog it. Pretty interesting mixing up the grow style a little.

2 Likes

good mornin @hollyho :smiley:
sorry for the lack of updates not alot going on and the heat wave we just had slowed them a little i think

back left 1-2 in the centre tray
i will keep ya posted as things progress
~lime~

10 Likes

Damn son! You have enough plants started? :sweat_smile::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

@hollyho they landed! thanks so much. i really like the packaging, the card stock was a great idea

6 Likes

Daaaammmnn shorty there is never enough plants :wink:

~lime~

2 Likes

@hollyho thank you very much.arrived just fine

your cards are so classy and add such a good vibe! got a couple of your blackstraps growing and they are good and healthy. the color of them blows my mind. eager to smoke them.many blessings and thanks for your work and kindness.

12 Likes

Beans arrived safely sister…
Thanks a ton :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

7 Likes

Seeds arrived today…love the card! Thanks again!

1 Like

has anyone popped the Lipsmaker s1? Im tempted to run her next. she sounds tasty af

1 Like

Hey guys, I’ve been mia! No wifi :sob: this time the whole modem blew. Our internet provider suckkssss and it took them forever to get out and fix it. I’m back tho, hopefully everything is good for a while lol til it rains again or the the wind blows.

Anyway, I’m glad you guys have been getting your cards! :grin:

@mainerJ that blackstrap looks great! I love the color also, watch for the reds when you start breaking her down. When cut a bud from the stalk, where the bud touches stem. So damn pretty :heart_eyes:

@sardinebags i have a couple of the Lipsmacker s1 going now. 24? 25? Days along. I’ll be updating soon. I’m ready for it too! Maybe another week or so and I’ll flip them. One is really light green up top, but my wife is running out of her stash so I need to get that back up and may go ahead and cross my fingers and flip em :joy:

9 Likes

glad you are back up and on line. will check that red out like you said. every time i am out in the garden i find my self checking out your plant, draws me right to it lol. i keep saying to myself in all the years of growing never had a plant look like that, just amazing to check out. :face_with_monocle: :thinking: :star_struck:

3 Likes

I’m guessing that one is from the blackstrap s1 I made? I crossed it to some other strains but from what I’ve seen from the one I grew and the ones others have grown is a lighter purple from the cross. A lavender color. Yours is damn near black :joy:

4 Likes

Going to be dropping the Blackstraps when I get back from vacation this month, excited to run them. Thanks again @hollyho

2 Likes