Micro Octopot Grow

Cal net? Using Jacks 20-20-20, 10-30-20, and 5-12-26. Jets feed schedule, there are weeks you mix 2 of them. So in week 5, I add in this order, Cal/mag, 10-30-20, 5-12-26, and ph down. Shake the milk jug up and water.

3 Likes

I dont think so Paps. Main nutes (20/20/20 or whatever your using) first.Then Epsom and add the Cal-nit last.
Mix each one before adding the next

3 Likes

Thanks guys I was always under the impression it was the proper way

Happy to make life easier any way I can

Peace
Paps

3 Likes

So, it was Mango Smile that started this thread, and I still have an ounce of this left (it’s not my favorite smell in the jar, so I never reach for it) so I decided to have some tonight.
Let’s do a smoke report after about 8 months curing.

JAR: when you open the lid there is a weird oregano, dill, garlic smell. It’s weird and I have a hard time putting my finger on what it’s like.

GRIND: as soon as I broke some up, I got legit mango and spice smell. A few months ago, that smell was not there.

SMOKE: taste is a little sharp, almost acidic, but not harsh. Not super smooth either though.
But, there really is a strong mango taste at the end of exhale and it lingers for a while.

HIGH: it’s not potent weed. It’s a ‘up and alert’ high, so I guess some would say sativa. It’s not bad, but I’ve had some better sativa highs lately.

Overall, it’s not bad. I’ll reach for it a lot more now that it’s gotten some unique character after a long cure.

5 Likes

I’ve got one of Sebring’s Undertow (GG4 x PB) on an octopup. She just started stretching and seems very happy. No sign of deficiencies or tip burn.
I’ve had some ups and downs getting the octopot dialed in, but I think I’m getting the hang of it

10 Likes

Greetings @firehead,

I’d enjoy hearing your thoughts on a simple Octo auto filling system I’m experimenting with. Posted here:

Cheers,
-Grouchy

2 Likes

Man, @Sebring ’s Undertow stretched like crazy while I was out of town! Leaves got much bigger and stems are thiccck!

I am really excited about this plant. I think she’s gonna be impressive :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

This Undertow plant is all business. This photo doesn’t do it justice. She is single handedly taking over this small tent, and drinking the reservoir dry every other day.
A smaller photo plant in the corner is getting pushed out.
I’ve flipped 3 branches over, and she is growing flat and bushy now.
I’m glad I took a clone of this one before flowering.

13 Likes

Hey guys just a heads up this thread made me think to check again and the pots are in stock on Amazon again right now!

3 Likes

Whoa! The price on those has almost doubled! They used to be $17, now $29
Still a lot cheaper than octopots though!

3 Likes

I created a shortcut on my google homepage to them and have been checking for months. This is the first time I’ve seen them back in stock and despite the price increase I wasn’t about to miss out on them. When they keep selling out so fast it’s bound to get the company’s attention so a price gouge was inevitable.

2 Likes

Thank You @Slick1!!!

I’ve been looking also and I just picked up a two-pack for $29. With six total, and the DIY auto fill system I’ll have one happy grow room. :grin:

-Grouchy

3 Likes

Glad I could help!

3 Likes

We may want to make a group by ? Lol

4 Likes

did someone say group buy?

5 Likes

I feel like I’ve crossed a line and am reinventing the wheel here but just looking at them is making me want to use them.

3 Likes

Bro once you see the difference in you grow ( size , health , yield ext. ) you’ll be hooked

The big ones will allow you the ability to leave them alone for a few days with out worrying

I’m going to try the little ones for the small tent just for fun

I think they will be great for moms

3 Likes

Octo Auto Fill System

Hola Amigos,
I received my Octopuppy 2-pack from the Amazonians and decided to convert one of the new pots to an auto fill system.

I have this ridiculous Acapulco Gold SativaGirl who towers over everyone else in the room at six feet plus. She is drinking her 1-gallon rez dry nearly every day lately so hooking her up to auto fill will test the concept and make my life simpler.

Here’s an annotated “How To” picture show.

Here’s what comes in the box. I haven’t found any need for the brown “Support Legs” or the white wicks that come with the pots.

Closeup of a 1/4 tubing" Bulkhead fitting that is used to breach the wall of a container. The little blue clips are removed before you push the tube into the fitting. You push the clip back in place to lock the tubing in place. The two red washers are standard garden hose types. One goes inside the Rez and the other goes outside. The plastic nut at the bottom is on the inside and tightening it squeezes the two washers to prevent leaks.

Drilling the hole for the Bulkhead is really the only tricky part. The spade bit is 5/8" and I’ve clamped a backing block of plywood to prevent cracking the plastic. Slow and steady wins the day. After the hole is complete I’ll de-burr the rough edges of the hole with a bit of sand paper or a file.

Assembly is simple, just plug the tubing into the fittings, turn the two valves on and add a few gallons to the large reservoir. To add more octopots to the system you just extend the main line from the Controller and add a “Tee” connector for each pot from the main line to the bulkhead fitting.

The float valve sets the water level in the white “Controller” bin and that same water level flows into our Octo rez. You can see the water in the Octo and in the net cup. Full up!

That’s all folks! :v: :green_heart:

15 Likes

Impressive thread brother…

2 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker

4 Likes