Micro Octopot Grow

Yes. The 3” netpot fits perfectly into the hole and extends down almost halfway into the reservoir

2 Likes

That should be very interesting @Enjoi802, I hope you will start a grow log so we can follow along.

Cheers,
-Grouchy

2 Likes

Big bummer. The 5 Bodhi Healing Hashplant seeds I had were a fail. 0 germinated.

So, as a replacement for those I just dropped 4 Authentic Genetics LG OG x ON Haze seeds into the pool.

This is strain that no one seems to talk about. Probably not nearly as popular as Todd’s Original Haze and others… so I’m interested in seeing what they are like.

6 Likes

Sorry for your loss but the LGOG x on haze should be fun

Paps
The gray haired bandito

1 Like

Can anyone find these sips an Amazon still ? Looks like unavailability issues.

I think you’re right. They seem to be sold out everywhere.
None on Amazon.
None on eBay.
I even dug through Alibaba and found zero.

:cry:

1 Like

These two FHL plants are going into 12/12 today. These will be the first photoperiod plants to flower in the Octopups! (I’ve done about 6 autos so far)

I ran out of this weed months ago, and really miss it. So here we go!

16 Likes

Nice Garden.
I ll hope them get fat nugs!

2 Likes

Beautiful plants, best wishes on flowering them out!
How many weeks have they been in veg now?

Oh, thank god we didn’t lose power during the storm yesterday. Only 2 out of the 6 LGOG x ONHaze sprouted, and they seem to be very slow starters. But they stayed warm and cozy in the heated dome, and I really want them to survive.

The PointBreak babies (white plastic pots) are still growing, along with a few of the FHL clones

7 Likes

I haven’t deployed my micro octopots yet, but was thinking about the quickest easiest way to give them a run. Here I have a 1 gallon bag cut down. When my plants in solos are a couple of weeks old, I’ll plop them where the placeholder cup is. Right on top of the hydroton filled net cup. I wanted to minimize time before the roots hit the res. Is there any reason this won’t work? Also, thanks!

9 Likes

That should work fine. The roots will probably hit the res very fast!

3 Likes

I agree. You should see more explosive growth a lot faster. Great plan! It seems your thread has all the growers buying up all the stock on those things, eh…lol. Have you thought about reaching out to the company to get some free gear for promoting/advertising their products?
They’ll probably see the thread and their dramatic sales increase…lol

5 Likes

I’m here to watch the grow too man! Excited for the haze!!

3 Likes

Follow up on the Mango Smile x LRUV:

Finished dying today and went into the jars.

Frost levels very impressive! The purple is just from the cold nighttime temps.

The smell from the buds is far better than the original Mango Smile!
Will need a few more generations of selection to get best yield and smells, but I think this was a success, and a good jumping off point for this strain!

19 Likes

@GrouchyOldMan, These FHLs are clones that were kept really small for a long time (they were in red solo cups for almost a year).

I could’ve let them get much bigger and trained them better for a real impressive harvest… but, meh. I’m lazy these days.

They are not very big, but that’s ok. If I get 3-4 oz per plant. That’ll make me happy and last a while! :sunglasses::deciduous_tree::green_heart:

2 Likes

Don’t know which of my grow logs this belongs in, so I’ll just drop it here…

Point Break plants are starting to take off. They are chunky broad leaf plants!

16 Likes

Thank you for this thread and inspiration, these were little clones less than a month ago. I did two weeks veg and flipped. They are going into their second week of flower now. Kudos and again thank you.

8 Likes

My first run with the micro octopots went smooth. The last 3 runs though, I’m suffering these weird leaf problem.

Unsure if this is manganese deficiency, or problems with ph swings.

I don’t think it’s a virus, because I have other plants in the same tent growing in soil, and they look fine.

I do notice, I fill the res with 6.2/6.3 ph feed solution, and a few days later… the ph is up around 7.0

Some of my GH nutes do lower ph. So I’m guessing the ones that lower ph are being absorbed by the plant, so over time ph in the res drifts back up.

My bud development is getting impacted. They are just stunted and not bulking up properly.

Anyone seen this in Octopots before?

@Papalag any ideas?

3 Likes

Hi bro it does look like ph swing
Can you lower the ph to around 6
And lower ppms but add calmag And Epson salts

3 Likes