Micro Octopot Grow

Oh yes sopping wet.

Very true if the roots don’t have access to oxygen.

Octopots are loose fitting, nothing about them is sealed tight, oxygen is everywhere.

8 Likes

Buds keep bulking up! Keep going, pack on the weight! Daddy’s jars are running low!

Latest root pic

Upper cola leaves turning reddish. Probably light stress.
Lots of milky trichomes. A few turning amber already, but she still has 2 weeks to go (maybe 3?)

30 Likes

how’s she lookin?

Buds are really fattening up. Some of the side branches starting to droop a little under the weight. Top cola is looking great.

She’s drinking a ton now. Refilling res every other day.

I really wish I had started my LRxUV seeds sooner, because one of the males is looking and smelling real strong. Would have loved to have hit this Mango Smile gal with that pollen… but he won’t start dropping any for another week at least, and then she would need 3 more weeks for seeds to mature.
Don’t know if that’s gonna be possible. But I’m going to keep watching this male, and maybe miss mango is going to have to stick around for another 4-5 weeks if she looks like she can do it…

22 Likes

They are looking fantastic and it’s all your work… ENJOY!

:sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Male LRxUV plant put into tent with the Mano Smile female.

Let’s see what happens…

13 Likes

insert 70’s prono music

11 Likes

The mango smile is really bulking up. Some of the side branch buds are bigger than main colas on other plants I’ve grown, and this main cola is getting impressive!

The male LRxUV looks like he will drop pollen in the next 2 days or so. Fingers crossed these seeds go all the way to maturity!

22 Likes

The LRxUV male is done pollinating the Mango Smile female. He has been dropping pollen for the last 3 days, so today he went to the compost pile.

I’m going to keep her alive for another 3 weeks in hopes that some of the seeds ripen to maturity.

4 Likes

Those are looking great!

2 Likes

This is the most impressive autoflower I’ve grown yet. Could be partially the new light, could be the octopot. But mostly genetics. She’s impressive.
I think she’s gonna yield as much (or more) as some of my better photoperiod plants.

10 Likes

I’m going to try your Octo pot set up one day

7 Likes

You’ll not regret it

6 Likes

I agree with @Papalag
This system is really something special, and so easy. No root rot issues.

:sunglasses: :palm_tree:

8 Likes

Once I get back to successfully growing a plant again ill look into screwing it all up with a new system again lol. I’m trying to recover from my last change ups

3 Likes

Really pleasing reading and glad for your success, double satisfaction I suppose as the brilliant idea was yours … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

It’s just a waiting game now.

The plant does seem happier when I let the reservoir run dry. I think it helps dry out the root zone in the cloth pot a bit, and that seems to help her overall health… Just an FYI, for anyone planning to run a system like this.

These buds are dense too!

30 Likes

Very nice looking plants.

1 Like

Nice - Phatty colas @firehead

When you do fill the micro Octo res, how full do you usually fill it?

1 Like

Now you’ve really intrigued me!!!