Micro Octopot Grow

I’m now only filly the res to about 1/2 full, or at most maybe 2/3 full. Then I let it go fully dry. This means I’m refilling it every 2 to 3 days.

6 Likes

Wow, very cool thread. Looks like they are out of stock at amazon, but are these cost efficient?

I’ve looked at the octopots and have always been intrigued. It’s cool to see you have success with this DIY microversion. I run two small tents in the closet both 2x2 and I think it would be cool to get one of these setup.

2 Likes

I have a 2 x 2 also I run I regular size Octopots in it
Just for shits and giggles I’m going to get 4 and run them in it

@GramTorino you bought them out of stock bro lol

3 Likes

My roots take about 6 days to hit the water. Amazing to me.

3 Likes

US?
@kushdaddy

I might need more!

6 Likes

I think I’ll pull the plug on 4

3 Likes

Is there anything special about the reservoirs themselves, could make them out of any sort of tub couldn’t you?

1 Like

Hm, I actually connect via a Canadian VPN. Turns out I gotta open the amazon links in my other browser which is logged into my amazon account and US address lol. I am very close to pulling the trigger on one of these to give it a chance. I’d love to reduce my maintenance time without switching to full on hydro.

“Is there anything special about the reservoirs themselves, could make them out of any sort of tub couldn’t you?”

In my opinion I think the most important thing is that use use cloth bags that can breathe.

3 Likes

Agree and the net pot like @GramTorino installed

Roots need to hit the res for max growth

Paps

2 Likes

I’ve been looking for them since he started this thread… they’ve been out of stock in canada for awhile!

The Mango Smile x LRUV seeds are forming. Still very green though.

C’mon, you can do it mama. Ripen up those seeds quickly! You don’t have much time left!

20 Likes

The seeds are still maturing. But still green, and need more time.

She is definitely at the point where I would normally harvest her, if it weren’t for these late seeds.

The trichomes are now 20-30% amber, and Fox tailing is starting all over the place.

6 Likes

how many days from germination are you? I’m nearing my start date on this strain and i’m dithering whether to start in on the µ-Octo or full size.

The mango smile sprouted on July 1st. So today would be day 84 since germ.
At day 80 she looked perfect to me.

Mephisto says this strain is 75-90 days, so I’m probably pushing her past where she would normally go

6 Likes

Lots of frost on these buds!
I’m dying to chop and dry this so I can have a sample!!

22 Likes

Ug. Another wave of humidity in the northeast. RH% around 75-80%

Cmon seeds. Hurry up so I can chop this plant!!

6 Likes

I understand your pain. West coast style.

5 Likes

This girl is sooo done. Trichomes are mostly all amber.
But the seeds still need another week maybe?

Her smell has changed to… mothballs? Very odd.

18 Likes

Nice chunky buds! Any guesses on what dry weight will be?

1 Like