Micro Octopot Grow

I don’t like guessing dry weights, cause I’m always overestimating.

But, I did grow a Jack Herer plant a few months back that was about the exact same size as this one. I got 3oz dry from it.

It was grown in a 5 gallon pot. But, it was under an older blurple light so…

This one is in only a 1/2 gallon pot, but has the new Spider Farmer light. So who knows…
Still. She’s chunky and I’d love to get 3.5oz dry from her.

8 Likes

Make your own with weed control fabric.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R93V67V/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_SBRQE2RBMHB94NFQ5Z3P?psc=1

2 Likes

Great dyi thanks

1 Like

Same fabric used by octopots

2 Likes

Next project… wish I knew the sunshine mix#4 mix components…could save a lot of money there just in shipping…

3 Likes

Canadian sphagnum peat moss, coarse grade perlite, gypsum, dolomitic lime

Add Mycorrhizae if you want, I would.

Just a heads up, peat moss isn’t enviomentally sustainable. It hurts the envioment more to harvest peat moss, thats why I went over to coco-coir.

Im running 50/50 coco to perlite mix, with about a cup of Mycorrhizae mixed in. (For 4 octopot bags)

8 Likes

that is a gorgeous plant. well done you!

1 Like

Seeds starting to turn from green to brown

:grimacing:

18 Likes

This thread was a great read and very educational @firehead.
Wonderful plants; you can see how happy they are as you cared for them :smiley:

I’m taking this quote to the bank with:

It’s combining: Fallponics, DWC, Octopot/Wicking in hopes of having the best of em’all.

The res will continuously flow (like a river) from one end of the tub to the other, with it all recirculating via a pump outside of the tub then up, over and falling back into the tub to keep everything agitated. There will also be 2x air stones in there as well drawing colder air into the solution from outside the tent.

Rather than an fabric pot I switched out to a 5gal air-pot, which is attached to a 10" net pot that i’m gonna fill with hydroton like yours with Promix BX in the air-pot as the growing medium. I have coco as well but have never used it before so I’m hesitant to add that variable to an already stacked tower of variables.

Your thread confirmed a pile of my suspicions so I’m not extra-excited to run this thing for the 1st time!

If it fails, we’ll all learn something. :heart:
If it succeeds, we’ll all learn something! :heart:

17 Likes

I think many of the seeds are never going to mature enough.
Some clusters seem to have stalled out and are small and stuck green. But some are still getting their tiger stripes and turning brown.

Gonna gives her 1 more week.

I love how big she got though. I’m very happy, for a 1/2 gallon container!

24 Likes

Very pretty plant. how tall is she?

1 Like

Nice work @firehead

You slayed it with your micro Octopot setup. I need to follow your lead and pack my net pots with Hydroton.

5 Likes

From soil to top of main cola, she is 30” tall.

When you add in height of the cloth pot, plus height of octopod… She is at max height in my tiny tent.

3 Likes

Looks amazing you knocked it out of the park with that one it’s definitely a home run

Paps

4 Likes

Ok. Today is day 95. Mango smile is getting the chop.
Most seeds are not finishing. But, If I get only 10-20 finished seeds, great. That’s all I need to do a run of the offspring to pick a good breeding pair.

6 Likes

Weigh in and initial smoke report

The bad news: I lost several buds to mold/rot. Found them this morning while bucking them down.
Weather in northeast just made the last phase of this grow very difficult. This is first time I’ve had this happen. Big bummer.

So, measured weights are after tossing infected buds in the trash, and shaking out all the loose dry seeds that would fall out of the buds (lots!)
Also, some of the bigger buds are still not as dry as they should be. After bucking them down, they are going in to dry for another day or two. So I expect this to drop a small bit more in weight.

Total weight = 135g (4.8 oz!) :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

My typical yield from a plant in the 2x2 tent is 2.75-3.0 oz.

The new light probably helped a bit. So did genetics, but I’ve grown a few other heavy yield strains that still did it come close to this.

So I can only say, I think the micro octopot allowed the plant to reach its fullest potential! And I’m really excited about this!

Also, I got plenty of ripe seeds. About 50% are white, underdeveloped. But still plenty good ones to make offspring and tweak the strain, and also to pass some around to OG.

Smoke report
It’s not cured, so not factoring in taste. Only the effects.

It’s a very sativa high. It reminds me a lot of the vibe/feel of the Azad Kashmir. But it’s not racy at all. It’s really great.
But its also much more long lasting than the Kashmir or Lemon Jeffery (other sativa dom I smoke lately) with these, I’m back to baseline about 2 hours after smoking.

But this one… I smoked some early last night, and 4 hours later i was still like ‘damn. I am still really high, and it’s great!’

I think Mango Smile is a star, if you want a sativa autoflower with great yield.

21 Likes

True genetics plays a good part of it feeding schedule paying attention to environment but the one thing that you’ll learn is that that wicking system far surpasses others roots could feed constantly and get all the nourishment they want it’s a win-win

5 Likes

Thats a good haul of bud and seeds! Hopefully no more mould develops while it finishes drying

2 Likes

Well done you! I loved following your progress. Transplanted my mango seedling into the µOctopot today!

4 Likes

And just like that, we have a new resident in the micro octopot lounge.

One of @Sebring Forum Stomper F2

Been wanting to run this one for a while.

Gonna do a little LST training on this one to try and get it to really fill the tent.

18 Likes