Mith's 2x4 tent

I often find pvc tubing on kijiji or marketplace. Someone has a project, over buys and then wants to recoup something for the unused supplies. I got so many sections of new or cut-but still new pvc pipe for projects at 50% or less this way. :+1:

2 Likes

Wow, yeah, never mind then haha.

3 Likes

DIY 2x4x3’ tent for 50$ cad !

Part1

6xBig broom sticks (neon green for extra style points)

4xSmaller broom sticks
high tech magnetic door

See through pouch for your meteo station and meters

6pack of choice (optional)

Cost breakdown
6 big broom sticks - 3.75 per. 25.88$ tax in
4 smaller broom sticks - 1.50 per. 6.90$
Magnetic door - 4.50. 5.18$
Duct tape - 1.25. 1.44$
Pouch - 1.25. 1.44$
Panda film by the foot x5 - 1.5 per. 8.63

Total: 49,47$

Cut the broom sticks.

Assembly, upright

Laying

Reflective cover and door in part2 (tomorrow😂)

13 Likes

Can we get a close up of those corners? Is that cloth tape?

2 Likes

Looks like white duct tape

3 Likes

I clipped half of the tubes circumference on both end and stacked them on the upright side post, then lightly duct taped everything together so its still adjustable. Tomorrow ill put tape diagonally on each corner to stiffen the frame. Then the tarp should be tight enough that nothing moves.

6 Likes

Clipped

Sits like this

Then a few layers like this

8 Likes

I’m into this DIY stuff, hell yea bud :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah, i diy a bunch of stuff, all the way to hydro setups and flip boxes. I find it relaxing to build stuff.

Although the 50$ budget had me thinking hard haha. When i said 50, i just blurted it out like a soft brag, then looking at the price of stuff i didnt think it would be possible.

I stuck to it and voila :grin:

7 Likes

That is not up to code. You must immediately destroy it and pay a fine, the amount to be determined.

3 Likes

Lmao :laughing:

Code goes out the door when youre making tents out of broom sticks!

I once made a flip box for an apt that switched between powering the dryer and powering the flower room.

Without a breaker on each ballast lol

Osha bad

4 Likes

Ha! Glad you didn’t burn anything down.

Seriously though, you did good on that DIY tent frame. I like it.

2 Likes

Man this is a cool guide! Could probably use pvc fittings to sure up the corners. Very cool though

3 Likes

I agree about the pvc corners! I couldnt find them locally and they would put me over budget.

That said, once completed, i will put the tent to the test. The taped frame has to be able to hold a light and a 4" fan/filter combo.

It should be fine :slightly_smiling_face:

Im more worried about the store bought 4x2 that will have to support all the weight (32 6" pots+equipment)

3 Likes

I love the broomstick idea that’s pretty clever

2 Likes

I gave it my best shot,

After some time i was walking around stores like “what is a stick” “is that a stick” “what about thisss” hahah

2 Likes

I started drinking and smoking at noon. know that everything i do from this point on, i do with my tongue out.

6 Likes

There wont be a diy tent update today, i took the evening to uh… chill ?:joy:

I can do one thing though.
Heres what im growing.

A pack each of
88g13hp from @Barefrog
hp x nl from @DrGonzo13
Kd og koh tao thai from @Tlander
And skunk “A” x sour strawberry from yours truly.
Plus cuts
Ssk12
Melon lifesaver
Skunk A

The potential is real! I think you can see where im going with these.

The secrecy didnt make sense eh.

11 Likes

(melon) Lifesavers x Sour Strawberry flower day 4

and the BMR was a small male but it’s technically the first time growing up some BOG gear and I just love the structure of these so if anyone else has received the melon Lifesavers x SS they’re definitely worth checking out thanks @Mithridate and be nice first time in the new grow room and it’s nice having room now! Look forward to seeing what magic is happening in your tents… just got mylar in the mail so I’ll be able to finish up the walls and get some better light down lower

11 Likes

Collect the BMR pollen and send it to @DougDawson. If his BMR is fem then seeds can be made. Just a thought.

2 Likes