My first bagseed grow

I was actually getting a new light soon. I found a kit Online for a 1000w MH/HPS with a digital ballast, rope clips, obviously the fixture, and a mechanical timer. I can’t remember if there was more, but I’ll be upgrading it for sure. Do you still advise me to flip it?

1 Like

Personally, I would. Would you mind giving us a pic from the side showing the structure and branching

Swampy

Edit: how many are showing sex thus far

I can take better pics soon. Had to leave for a couple hours to walk someone home.
To my knowledge none are sexing just yet. I need to buy a jeweler lens to see them I assume?

Best shot I can get of the length of the stem.

I’ve looked at the nodes as close as I can and even pics aren’t showing any sex just yet. I stare at them nearly all day everyday. Waiting for the first sign to act if needed. So far just a lot of veg growth. My main goal in the end is if I end up with buds to get the largest yeild I can with what I have. The whole house just reeks of weed now LoL. I can’t wait to these are ready

Here’s some more pics. I tried to get as focused a shot as possible, but my phone just doesn’t have the resolution and clarity to get really close in focus. A couple of them are looking odd, but maybe someone reading this can help me to figure out what’s going on?

1 Like

The plants are definitely happy and healthy! One more suggestion I have would be to trim some of the undergrowth close to the soil so airflow is kept moving through there. This will help fight any possibilities of mold and mildew. Also, don’t be scared to snap off and trim fan leaves as well. You’ll find everything you take off will grow back 5x. I trim mine down to bare bones before flowering to 1) help with light penetration and 2) to guide the growth of the plant whether it be by topping (cutting the center top growth) or lower branching (to help them focus on upper branches development and growth towards the light)
just use the growth you see right now as a road map, as they flower and mature all those branches will grow 2-5x their size now so whatever you don’t trim off, look at the growth now and expect it to be the main big branches. Focus on the branching and growth you want to see grow and think about which stuff will get the most light as they stretch and flower.

Keep up the good work and seriously don’t be scarred to chop off growth you think may crowd or cause problems. Whether if it’s not gonna get enough light, or just bush up too much and be a spot where mold can grow.

Again, Solid first grow!

Best
Swampy

1 Like

This one worries me. It was happy and healthy on top earlier today. I want to go out and get some pruning shears to take out the biggest, but I have a heavy hand sometimes and it’s usually when I need to focus most. I ripped a door out of it’s frame by accident the other day! I really need to make sure I can’t fuck it up when I do prune them.

2 Likes

I do hand tests in the densest area and it has airflow. Not stale air. I can feel the wind gently in all spots from the tops to the soil. I’m pretty sure my fan setup is higher than tech than my light set-up. I have a AC, air purifier, and a nice fan with the perfect airflow on low to keep things moving. Once I get the 1000w kit I can have it about even finally.

I trimmed some of the leaves of with some scissors. Max 2 per plant at a time. I’ll let them recover between pruning. The biggest plant has another 2 leaves that are less than 50% green down below. Nearly made one fall over while manhandling them. Now it’s partly bent to the side. Let’s the little one in the middle get more light now. I can’t wait for the light kit. Almost all the topsoil is covered in fan leaves now. Some big ones had to come off sadly.

1 Like

Don’t worry about the pruning. I prune down to bare bones. I think personally it would be better in one fell swoop over extended time periods in regards to stress. But really isn’t something to worry about. Trim em down to the bare bones leaving only the growth you want in the future and imagine how it would grow back.
In regards to those leaves… looks like light burn. The plants are prob way too close to the HID

Otherwise, they’re lush and green and showing no signs of deficiencies so you’re definitely doing something right!

Hope this is helpful

4 Likes

@Swampthing is giving you sound advice. Definitely switch to flowering and back off the light.

2 Likes

Also in regards to the under leaves… the lower areas is where they eat up the food in the plant first and works it way up.

1 Like

They’re not 6 weeks old yet though right? I thought they couldn’t flower yet if they wanted to. Am I mistaken?

You can flower from seed.

Wont be the biggest plants but they will still do what they do.

1 Like

The HPS is only a 150w sun system. It’s at least 2 feet above the leaves. I’ll raise the LEDs up some more. Should I remove those walls I setup? Rn idk if they’re somehow reflecting too much light.

I turned off the lights at 9 like usual. When should I change the schedule and should I do any gradual adjusting or just straight up 12/12 starting with tonight? I can flip them, but I feel too new to be comfortable just doing it blindly.

Just flip them, no need to transition slowly. What did you make the walls with? Maybe that’s creating hot spots.

2 Likes

It’s just salvage from my Ikea cabinets. I ripped them out of the closet to have something to hang the hid overhead with. Originally I just used a dresser and propped the light at a dangerous angle.
It’s all white painted walls. I assumed since mylar is used so heavily I’d be fine if not less efficient. I still find it hard to believe that they’re reflecting so much more light tham they can handle, but they clearly have a problem.

How do I flip it? Wake them up at 1am per usual and just turn off the lights at 12 hours or how should I go about it?

1 Like