My first bagseed grow

Having a hard time breathing today. It’s only been a day away from smokingand I’m already back to severe asthma or I caught a cold. With the allergies it’s anyone’s guess.

They’re all feeling a little cramped in there now. The leaves are touching the walls now. Should I move things around?

1 Like

Maybe I’m just paranoid. I’ve been seeing wet leaves, but it just seems to be water. No texture to it, so it’s not slime or it’s the thinnest slime with no residue I’ve ever touched. Anyways it’s on the leaves that are too close, so they’re touching. Occasionally I see it on a top leaf not near anything else.

Anyone know what I should do?

Also here’s a pic of the top of the one that makes me wonder the most. It doesn’t look like it’s a bud forming in a pic, but I swear it looks like my buddies grow that’s flowering now.

2 Likes

Nothing in that photo looks like it is flowering. What you see are the beginnings of the new leaves. :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

It’s just strange as it’s stayed bunched up like that for days now.
I’ve definitely noticed they are growing different since the 12 hour sleep I gave them Friday night.
I’ve kept up the same schedule as normal despite the one off night and following day.
I see a lot of new growth starting from near the bottom. Should I go out and buy a pair of pruning shears? There’s definitely a decent chunk of suckers now. I saw a 2 inch overall branch growth from just leaves originally. Then it grew fast, but definitely looks odd. It comes out at a angle going straight up after, but I just find it odd.

TL;DR: Should I start pruning the bottoms? They are either touching soil frequently or not getting enough light.

The one in the middle is getting swallowed up by the rest of them. They’re all fully rooted now it would seem. Even the runts are growing now.
At the rate I see them growing I’ll have to raise the bars again. I’ll see if I can’t get any extra bulbs soon too. Adding all the extra LED lights really made a huge difference. I barely see the pests now. The mushrooms are spreading finally almost each of the mounds have a mushroom now. There’s one that looks like it’s melting before it dies. It few tall, spread its spores and then seemingly melted before falling over.

Here’s last night’s pics.

Here’s lights on.

Overall nice growth rate once the mushrooms popped up.

The new setup is looking more diy by the day LoL :rofl:

1 Like

I ripped out the tinfoil. Kept it at dark corners only.
I’m seeing a lot of issues today. Last night I watered with the nicotine tea to hopefully do something to the pests.

I’m just assuming the issues are from that, but they also resemble bleaching. I’ll take pics in a few and update with more. I think I saw a tiny grasshopper on top of a peice of wood on the topsoil. I also have noticed leaves are missing chunks now.

It could be many things is all I know.

On a side note:
I made some infused water in my slow cooker yesterday. It was ready to strain this morning. Surprisingly smooth. Crazy strong though. 1ml of it had what felt like a 25mg edible and it kicked in within seconds. Gotta love the absorbtion rate of water!:ok_hand:
Though I used coffee and lecithin to make the water actually get infused. I’m going to have to text my buddy. He needs to try this and he can tell me how strong he feels it is. I have way more than enough to share. About 12 cups. I really need to lab test my stuff to find out what’s happening and why I can get so much from bud that shouldn’t have that much to spare. It’s seemingly multiplying the THC going in. This feels way too strong for a 3rd wash. 1st wash with water though. 1&2 were with 1.5L 190 everclear and even soaked for half a day the 1st time. The only thing I can think of is that I didn’t have enough medium to infuse and too much absorbed back in the bud each time. If anyone is reading this high AF ramble any ideas?

Here’s my hopefully not going to light bleach setup from the back for once

1 Like

I Forgot to add the pic in the post LoL :rofl:.
That water is stronger than I can understand.

1 Like

Overall new growth has been very healthy to my eye. There’s been issues with various initial bad watering practices which definitely didn’t help them, but as far as I can see the newest growth looks very happy. LoL somehow my heat exhausted ass typed new Star growth :rofl: love typos. Also so far this water is still in effect. I’ve had more throughout the day, but it’s definitely not just me. I threw a bottle to my friends and especially wanted the guy who’s teaching me to grow penis envy properly. Thank you new Mexico for bringing someone awesome my way​:ok_hand:

While they were asleep tw humidity raised up really high. Though they seemingly like it. Maybe it’s just me. Idk. Whatever the case if anyone has any advice on what to look for to find the right temperature and humidity to aim for? As this picture shows if I don’t actively control humidity they’ll get near 100% humidity. Though today was hazy out.

Now for today’s pics. They’re definitely liking it here. I expand the walls as needed. Other than rotating the bin and rearranging the lights IDK how to keep them from touching walls. Unless that’s not a problem. :man_shrugging:t2:

Here’s the pic of the swallowed one. I have a light shining directly at it to help hopefully.

Lastly this one has been like this since the issues first started and have only started yellowing despite what looks like gnat spots where they ate the nutrients weeks ago now. Because of light I’m assuming. Otherwise most of the growth is healthy before it just yellows and shrivels from the bottom up.

2 Likes

Looks like the heat wave might be hitting them hard. They got heat stress and drooped from the stem to the soil like it was over watered. I assumed opposite since the heat dried out the soil mostly yesterday.
I wanted to be sure and I’m sure now. The lights got too close and they seem to have gotten a light burn from when I watered the soil on the mounds first to see how they reacted. They liked it. Here’s the pics. Should I post it in sick plants or keep it here?

That’s this afternoon after I watered the soil.

This is now.

I just caught a spider trying to make a web above the plants. The wind is too strong though. The plants seem to love the wind. I just wish that they’re not hurt too bad by the heat. I’m not expecting a full recovery, but if I do I’ll be happy. The swallowed little one got saved for the most part. I have a window open that I put a fan on high exhausting the air out of the room.
One of them is turning black around the edges,but the tissue is alive as far as I can feel

Hopefully they can recover from that. I turned the AC down to 74 to help with the heat. hopefully I come in at lights on and I don’t see a horror show.

They really don’t look good today. No crispy feeling, so somehow it’s still living tissue, but they’re getting light bleached now ithink or I’m seeing a nutrient issue and I’m panicking. Should I bring this to sick plants to get help?

I really want them to make it

I didn’t turn off the lights last night and gave them a lot more light. I needed them to have the energy to recover. So far it looks good, but the damaged areas are definitely bleached. Overall much healthier than before, so I’m actually happy with the results rn. Previously clawed up tips are mostly back to normal.

2 Likes

Definitely back the light off. May want to check for pests. Put a white piece of paper under the plant and shake it, see if anything comes out. Scope for bug :poop: it looks like little specs of dirt.

2 Likes

Will do. I was hoping to change the time on the light schedule tbh or should I keep the time for lights on at 1am while I’m still without a timer?

You should stick to the schedule you’ve been using

Okay. I just watered them. I’ll foliar spray water and turn them off at 9. All in all they grew pretty big. One long ass day and back to 4 hours of sleep.

Update: at least so far I couldn’t find anything on the paper. When I looked under the leaves directly I saw no disturbances other than the new spots. The light didn’t show any specks. Though I do get some actual dirt on the top of the leaves occasionally. I don’t see it on anything as they fly, but I could just not be seeing them.

I’ll do another paper test later today. Spiders moved in the grow room, so overall I’ve been having a hard time seeing any flyers.

They recovered from my stupidity it seems.

My friend who’s seen them since the beginning and whose arms popped up in one of my first pics has been noticing how thick the stems got now. One is a s thick as my pinky finger! Luckily not the same shape as my Pinkie’s curve lol.

2 Likes

Crap. Forgot to test the leaves today. Made some small cupcakes/muffins no huge top. Made too many and just 1 was enough to fuck me up. What have I made?! Damn things are too tasty. My lungs need the break though.

Not even halfway done with the batch.
I’ll get some paper next door tomorrow and test it before I forget again.

Also I had to water today. I haven’t added any fertilizer in awhile. I’ll have to scroll up to see specifically when, but with all the rapid growth and how fast they drink I’ll need to keep better track of that now.

1 Like

Jumping in a little late so forgive me if I’m behind. I would suggest flowering them now at that size. Having that many plants share root space generally isn’t a good idea. You’ll find some roots grow quicker than others and they’ll end up stunting the rest of the plants. Sometimes, those plants are males… so you’ll end up having a big male and small females. I always recommend giving plants their own container. Even if the container is smaller like a solo cup (16oz beer cup with 4 small holes burnt in the bottom before adding soil. And rinse it out with water after burning the holes just to make sure you get rid of chemicals that may have gone into the cup). Reason I suggest flowering them now is bc mainly the light source will not be enough to cover all those plants if they get too big. For your first grow they look great regarding to feeding. I’m a big fan of brewing my own organic teas with an air stone in a bucket/Rubbermaid filled with water (aerate for a day or so if using tap to help bubble the chlorine out) then add amendments like Alfalfa meal, liquid kelp or kelp meal, molasses, bat guano (Mexican for veg, Indonesian for early flower and transitional, Jamaican for peak flowering). Hoping more than anything your bagseed came from a plant pollinated by a male instead of a hermaphrodite which have higher chances of producing herm offspring. Other than that, really looking good for your first grow. As for the white spots on the leaves, that looks like light bleaching from the plants being too close to the light. Stressors like this, Lights on in the dark peroid, pests, nutrient burn, and countless other things are other variables that can cause hermaphroditism as well.

Keep up the good work and don’t hesitate to ask us anything. Take any attitude you get here with a grain of salt and don’t let it discourage you. We’re all here for the same reason which is to bask in the joys of growing cannabis by sharing and learning with and from each other.
Cheers and have a great week
Swampy

Edit: those yellow sticky traps are great for gnats. I suggest hanging a few around your grow. Natures Good Guys sells lady bugs and other pest munching predators. They have a shop on amazon as well

3 Likes