My first bagseed grow

Yes, but a timer is really a necessity

1 Like

What ever light schedule works for you. I live in a hotter area so i run my flower at night. Allows me cooler room temps and happier ladies. I run 8p to 8a.

1 Like

X2. Can be fancy or not. Mine are not $9 at kmart

1 Like

Itā€™s hot AF all day here. Awful heat during the day and humid AF at night and just as unpleasant. Overall Iā€™d just want it timed to be with the door open during the worst hours. Iā€™m not concerned about the neighbors. Iā€™ll definitely want the lights to be on at least in the mid afternoon when the sunlight is feeling the hottest on my skin.

1 Like

Iā€™m noticing that the room just reeks of weed now. Only in the room and when the air travels out in large amounts. I canā€™t wait until they start to show full terpene expression. I mostly hope I have at least 1 female. Iā€™ll take at least 1 out of 7 for odds considering bagseed.

I woke them up and then pruned them again removing all leaves that were too damaged to be doing any good.

It looks like a crime scene in there, but they had to be adjusted. They were competing for too much space and the one in the middle is so leggy itā€™ll be a miracle if it does anything. It still looks like a seedling just starting out. Itā€™s weeks behind the rest for growth.

I echo what @ReikoX said. A timer is most definitely a necessity. Messing with light hours can cause hermaphroditism and you def donā€™t want that

As far as the one behind the rest, thatā€™s a downfall with plants sharing rootspaceā€¦some will just get boxed out. Iā€™m hoping that itā€™s a male and the rest female for you.

2 Likes

And I back @ReikoX and @Swampthing you really should get a timerā€¦ I didnā€™t have one for my last grow(first grow fyi), and there were days I left for work and never turned em back on and they seamed frozen in time for weeks, and the worst part is it happned multiple times, it is not worth risking and there pretty cheap
Cheers @OniTenshu

3 Likes

Almost time to turn off the lights. Itā€™s so bright in the room though. Even with all lights off. The white paint is becoming my downfall. I have a cloth I drape over the ripped out closet I hang the lights on.
Itā€™s not perfect, but at least it blocks 70% of light coming through. Better than 0% and the blackout shade I put in the main sunlight window should hopefully be enough.

Hate to say it, but thatā€™s not gonna work for flowering. You want 0 light leaks. Otherwise herming and stuff is likely.

1 Like

Its why Iā€™ve been waiting tbh. My current light schedule has lights out right when the sun goes down in my area. Itā€™s one of the reasons Iā€™ve been waiting for so long to change schedules too. Iā€™ve actually wanted to switch to 18/6 before I went 12/12 to help the leaves her a bit more growth before I start flowering.

My apartment is like a breezeway in how much light dominates my walls. The angles are just right to catch the sun all day. I try to keep the window shade open in the morning to let some natural light in when I can. Should I wait until I have the light leaks solved? Itā€™s what Iā€™ve been trying to do TBH. My inability to make up my mind is definitely hurting me now. Can someone send me a link to a good solution? I want to make it dark in there I already have a blackout shade and a tablecloth from an old job I forgot I had until last week. I have a second window that doesnā€™t really get much light at all. At best the sun catches the corner as it rises, but never directly on that side. Not even a street light on that side.

Get some of thisā€¦

GROW1 Panda Film, 10ā€™ x 25ā€™, Poly 5.5 mil, Black/White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004D4V6HU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_TDnrBbZYGKNKV

1 Like

Should i wait to flower until I can solve the light leaks? I should get another blackout shade and I should tape shut any areas that light comes through indiscriminately. Hell my bedroom is taped in a similar way. Itā€™s how I keep from going blind midday everyday. Also itā€™s how I keep my TV from getting so much glare that I canā€™t see it.

Anyways even gorilla tape didnā€™t seal the light away in here all the way, but Iā€™d assume in combo with a blackout shade Iā€™d get the rest blocked out. Damn sun demands to light up the house bright AF all dayšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

1 Like

I would wait to flower until you take care of the light issues. Even an LED could prevent flowering.

1 Like

I have all LED taped over with electrical tape. At night itā€™s so dark in there I canā€™t make out shapes even with some mild light to try and see. With the table cloth over them I have to try to add light leaks to even see them. Thatā€™s good in that area at least.

Dumb question: should I try and clone a shoot of each plant under 12/12 and see if they show sex before I start flowering? Also should I just leave the root system alone and chop them down or pull the males? Iā€™m trying to keep stress like that to a minimum. Iā€™ve seen what happens to plants that grow in the same medium after having a partner plant ripped out of the soil. It was female until then. Now itā€™s a Hermie growing in their closet.

I just had to water again. They drink as much as they used to in a week now in just 1 day. The soil goes from dark color to dry light colored overnight now. Will all the leaves on the soil top idk how this will work until theyā€™re mulched. Either way I donā€™t get runoff now. Nothing in the Reservoir collecting either. A few of the issues I see might be from that possibly. New growth getting claws a day after forming is odd considering I add nutes only once a week until they tell me they need more. Iā€™ll have to get a much larger container to use now if they want to drink at this rate. In 2 days I use 3 gallons. From what I see I think I should need more water, but maybe the soil is retaining too much moisture.

1 Like

May be a little late, but depending how much you trim back a cover crop would do you wonders (like clover)

Mulching once you remove the males will also help retain water. Thatā€™s the route I would take

1 Like

I have plans to use clover. I switched to 18/6 tonight to give them more time to rest and work on leaves instead of roots. Seems like they might need the sleep anyways if they are getting damaged from the light intensity. Small progressive damage until it looks like it does now.

I have to drain the bottom bin soon. Iā€™m not comfortable with the water level not being able to to drain and itā€™s not enough to flow up. Iā€™m worried about root rot soon if I donā€™t do something about it.

I noticed that when I turned on the lights the tablecloth might be creating a space for wind to catch on and hit them too hard. Do you think this is leafminers or wind burn?

I canā€™t make out if Iā€™m seeing presex or leaf growth.

sorry for bad quality. My eyes can see better than my phone can take pics. Iā€™ll have to see if thereā€™s any pro settings I can mess with to get a better focus.

Hereā€™s the usual overhead

They definitely arenā€™t liking something. I canā€™t place what specifically, but theyā€™re definitely seeming to be slowing down in overall growth. Is it normal to see them grow in spurts like this? They just veg out for days without any changes and then overnight look way different. I thought these plants liked to grow constantly :man_shrugging:t2:
Must take after me for some reason. Almost like theyā€™re just as lazyā€‹:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that would make a interesting grow experience. I swear Iā€™m going to come home to a forest one day when I donā€™t see them for 8 hours if thatā€™s the case. I donā€™t do anything for days, then I do all the things until I pass out from exhaustion.