My first bagseed grow

I actually noticed that they oddly seemed to not hate the haircut I gave them. I mean hell I shaved them like Moe! :rofl: Either way I like the reaction to the pruning. I saw 3/7 with a calyx and 2 pisils poking out. The others are too young I guess to develop sex definitively yet. I wish my scope wasnā€™t a POS

thinking it depends on the plant but ive noticed you can cut a good bit without much stress. some plants may not take that stress too well depending when you do it. i think its better to just tuck most of the leaves if they are shading a bud site as you dont want to be cutting much off past week 3-4 after flip. if you do cut, try to get everything you want to cut in one go then give her a little water after

They will show, just give it some time

1 Like

At the pace I see them developing Iā€™ll find out in a week of thereā€™s any males. The runt hasnā€™t shown anything yet. Too underdeveloped. Iā€™m hoping on a growth spurt soon, but I wonā€™t hold my breath. The one on the front right seems to be male or itā€™s being androgynous RN. Front and center appeared to be female initially, but I think it revegged itself or itā€™s changing to male.

Its been a good run, but now I canā€™t afford the grow and itā€™s become cost prohibitive to keep going. Iā€™m looking at 2k to get about a oz now at the rate theyā€™re getting issues. Thatā€™s 10-20x more than itā€™ll cost to buy one. With the cost itā€™s already at I could have gotten 3lbs of sfv og from someone who has a direct connection.

I think you are stressing too hard. Yes you are having issuesā€¦ No you dont have to scrap your grow. There are cheap is not free even ways of fixing your soil. You dont have to throw heaps of money at every issue (it helps but its not needed). I would not scrap the plants either. Its all experience! Good bad and ugly. Now leta get you back on track. You have a slight issue I personaly think could be helped a lot with just some molasses. Your plants dont look horrible at all, just step back and relax a bit. Go get some cheap horticultural molasses, give it to the girls and see what happens.

Also i know that Botanical shops have freebies of all kinda of goods, even in my Red state.

On the electric side of thingsā€¦ what all do you have running?

I have a AC running on 74 at the lowest temp on low fan speed, 2 standard 3 speed room fans, and less than 260-290w of total pull from the lights. Thereā€™s no reasonable explanation for this jump in my electric bill. Irun that ac on turbo with both of those fans on high and put the AC on 64 every year and only see about a 50-60 bill.
The fans in the room are both on low and so is the AC. Somehow that either pulls more electric than if I ran them on high or Iā€™m missing something.

My room runs between 78*-85* no heat issue. So donā€™t stress out about 80*. I think the heat stress is during to the close proximity of your plants and lights. How big is your grow space?

I checked my bill and this happened last year too. I saw a 2-3x increase in my kwh, but I was barely home last year. If I didnā€™t know better Iā€™d say someone tapped into my power line and is stealing electric from me. Iā€™d bet on a short in the wiring though. My standard usage is 200kwh and thatā€™s a 30 or so bill. Same rate as that bill and I see a 200 bill on a 770kwh usage I canā€™t safely achieve without blowing my breaker. I use a total of 7 outlets in my house. 1 for my fridge, 1 for my microwave/convection oven, 1 for my TV and powerline adapter, 1 for my power strip my Xbox runs off, 1 for my lights, 1 for my fans and the last one is rarely used for my slow cooker and electric kettle occasionally. The fridge is on a 20A circuit, so I can only assume itā€™s a energy hog.

Iā€™m in a room with a 8 foot high ceiling, 10 foot across walls, and itā€™s painted white. Itā€™s a cube almost. For the size Iā€™m really limited only by being not able to drill into anything and I have to use a 4 foot wide Ikea shelf meant for a closet that I ripped out of the walls to be able to hang my lights above my plants at all

This is my grow in a closet. Itā€™s 7ā€™ tall, 32" x 44" total. I understand the small space challenge

4 Likes

I did put some small 30# hooks in the celing to hang the plants. I will fill the holes when I leave with Colgate toothpaste. The og white one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You have plenty of room to grow a great garden, just gotta find where your power loss is.

1 Like

Iā€™m also out on my ass after the summer ends. Iā€™m going to flip asap and cross my fingers that theyā€™re ready before Iā€™m on my ass as Iā€™ll need to smoke to tolerate being homeless with even McDonaldā€™s not wanting to hire me. Fā€™ing McDonaldā€™s turned their nose up at me and still had open spots available. I had asked for 8/h when minimum wage was still that and the base pay was 9/h. Asking for less than Iā€™m worth just to get hired didnā€™t work. Sales jobs hire me on the spot if I can find one i havenā€™t worked for in the last 3 years in my city. I have no car or reliable transportation and before you ask no public transportation isnā€™t a option. I have the worst luck and my city happens to be the only one out of the 5 cities in the area bordering mine that has little options during the weekend. The bus doesnā€™t even run on the weekends here. Other cities yes. Mine: why do we need to have a bus running during the weekend? No one needs to get to work during a time our off hour trains arenā€™t running. They can take a overpriced taxi and spend $40 a day to get to and from work.

Wellā€¦That was a strong panic attack todayā€¦
Iā€™ll flip them tomorrow and hope they finish in time. Despite all the offers from my friends to help house them if they donā€™t finish in time, Iā€™m not going to be able to get them out of the door soon. Theyā€™d have to help me out now instead of waiting if they wanted to help, but the offer was really only if I couldnā€™t finish them in time. Little do they know LoL

Iā€™ll get through it. Even if I have to harvest them early since I wonā€™t have a choice iat least have 2 sour Diesel seeds from some medical bud from Cali that was definitely pollinated. Might explain how it left the state. Eh :man_shrugging:t2: works in my favor. I got 2 mature seeds out of it. Those last buds in the jar were awful to smoke, but at least they gave me seeds. Plus I have about 50+ seeds from some kush regs I got. Once Iā€™m at my new place I can start growing again. I have untill September at least, so hopefully a month will be enough time to get anything of use thatā€™s not a waste of my time and money other than a learning experience. Iā€™ll still wait to harvest until the last day if they arenā€™t ready yet. I can dry them at my friendā€™s place if I have to. Iā€™ll smoke him up every time I want to smoke if he wants for the trouble.
Though jokes on them if they think Iā€™m paying that electricity bill. By the time Iā€™m shut off Iā€™ll be out of this place and itā€™s not my problem anymore. I turned off the breakers for the garage too, so if heā€™s been welding down there at all during the 30 times a day heā€™s in there he can suffer. If he wants to kick me out, then he can pay for it himself. I mean Iā€™ll be able to afford it in a couple of months once I start my new job. Iā€™ll be training for the certification starting Monday. At least itā€™s union. I can have my moments where I need to have something like that in place to keep my job if I have a panic attack at work.

I know I should be more grateful to my parents for even letting me stay here this long, but I really didnā€™t need the narcissistic parenting. Itā€™s even worse than helicopter parents. I couldnā€™t even hang out with a friend without 20 questions. If I left the house or even so much as didnā€™t talk to them for a day Iā€™d never hear the end of it if I didnā€™t tell them every little detail to the smallest bit. Hell half the reason Iā€™ve been here this long is because of 11 years of broken promises. I was supposed to get disability and SSI in 2007. If I had those services Iā€™d already have moved out years ago as at least they help when they offer and donā€™t just make empty promises. Iā€™m clearly holding a grudge on that and I donā€™t hold grudges, so that says something about how much it pissed me off.

Damn I definitely have to keep myself medicated daily. I canā€™t be affording any more panic attacks. The power went out again. Worked out as when I went in the room today it was 85f and climbing. 80% humidity. I opened the window and Iā€™m waiting for the power to come back on. I guess it was meant to be. Flowering starts today. Theyā€™ll get some low light right before lights come back on and Iā€™ll get a bloom fertilizer at my hydro shop later today or tomorrow when I get some money. They seem to be showing a phosphorus deficiency now that they had a couple days to show me it. It makes sense if they are trying to start flowering now. I wish I could give them the nutrients they need to not show a deficiency, but I have no way to get them without cash.

1 Like

Whoops. Half asleep. Looks like potassium based on the chart. Just without the tip burn. Brown spots in the middle around the tip area in a cluster.ill Tak a picture once Iā€™m back home. With the power off I had to get outside. Too stuffy indoors with no fans on

1 Like

I applied DE pretty heavy on the soil and with the small amount I had left I put some under the leaves and on the stems where the flyers like to chill. A little bit got on top of the leaves. Thatā€™s not powdery mildew no worries.
No HDR or anything enabled.

These are HDR versions. To my eye they appear to change the shade of the leaves different than what I see with my eyes.

As Iā€™m sure that you can see it appears either the egg wonā€™t hatch or Iā€™ll be a bit. Weā€™ll see. The pests have almost disappeared completely. The soil is still slightly moist just under the paper thin surface layer. Also I went a bit heavy with the DE, but Iā€™m not leaving an option for those pests to recover. I worked this hard to eliminate them while keeping my plants smokable and Iā€™m not about to quit now.

Should I find a way to get sand or something to put as the top layer of soil if they continue to be a hassle? Iā€™ve noticed the roots are growing at the surface of the soil now.they get exposed during watering when the mounds shrink. Iā€™m almost positive those mounds helped them to adjust to the big container. Pretty sure I read that in a gardening tip book as a kid.

1 Like

Good going bro I see you got them domes off good move on that keep up the good work

1 Like

Iā€™ll be getting some megacrop and another splitter and more corncob lights. They definitely seemed to make the backside really happy. I have a pic showing only half the topsoil with proper light penetration. Timer is set to turn off the lights in 30 minutes.
Hereā€™s the last veg pics with lights back on.

2 Likes