My first bagseed grow

No pests in sight anymore. Not 1 single pest left in sight. Should be time to water either on lights on or tomorrow.

When I was adjusting the lights up all of my lights fell down on the plants. The 2 in the center got the stem snapped and the female on the front left got bent badly and her roots severed on one side of the mound. The snapped stems happened near the soil area. It seems that it did a snap from falling directly on top without an angle. Lots of ribbons of stem on the back middle one. The front and center one got scraped along the side. I taped them with gorilla tape. Some of the offshoots got bent too.
All the plants except for the 2 on the right side are now bending out away from the center.

Also none of them are dead yet. Hopefully they recover from this or I lost 2/3 confirmed females

I’m going to bed now before I do anything worse. I’ll upload pics in the morning.

1 Like

Use some kind of clip or tape to secure the broken stems. I have a chilli pepper plant who’s stem broke almost completely, clipped it, and it’s happy as can be. Cannabis is also a very Hardy plant. Some people break stems on purpose, which I don’t recommend lol.

Edit: I just realized that you already taped them. Good instincts haha.

1 Like

So far it seems they’re recovering. Thought it looks like they’re not longer female as the pitsils have vanished entirely. They turned into something resembling a bract instead. Like the pistil merged with the calyx and stayed green and is now in pairs at each site. The front and center one has been showing this same sex since the start too. IDK what that sex is at all. I just know about nanners, calyx&pistils, and male pollen sacks. This doesn’t appear to resemble anything I’ve seen.

As you can see the runt and the front right both appear to be getting purple red stems and veins in the leaves.

2 Likes

It’s almost lights out, but I just did a sex check and 6/7 are showing a calyx and pistils. The runt is the only one that’s taking it’s time to develop sex, but it just opened the bracts like the rest did right before they showed sex. The front right corner one is possibly Intersex, but time will tell. It does appear to be forming some pollen sacks, but they’re also too small to tell yet.

When I raised the lights I swapped the splitter to the front instead of the back and the front row is responding really well to it. I’ll get the second splitter and lights soon hopefully. They really make a difference and I need more Yellow light in the mix.

On a side note the stems are all growing the leaves and stems I pruned off again. I mean hell if they want to grow more stems that can support buds I’m all for it. I’ll prune off ones I have to later, but the plan is to only prune off shade leaves and if I can get some clones from this new growth even better.

1 Like

Still waiting on megacrop to show up. Next fert feed I’ll use megacrop. This time I have to use the shit I got now.

The front and center one is doing really good considering it’s hollow under that duct tape.

The humidity is way too high in there though. I need to get a dehumidifier as nothing I do drops it below 80% now.

Here’s today’s pics

2 Likes

So I need some advice from anyone who can help me with this? I have to siphon out the runoff. The bin is too heavy to lift Even with 2 people helping. I have 4 cubic feet of soil in the bin. I could barely lift a bag without trouble.

Now to my question. I don’t have any drills or tools to work with other than a steel butter knife that’s as sharp as a good steak knife that I can heat red. I used it to make the drain holes in the soil bin. I need to get the water out, so does anyone have any ideas? A marshmallow bamboo skewer is enough to scrape plastic off the bin from the tight fit. My best guess of what to do is to cut a hole in the side somewhere that I can get something in and drain the water like a siphon. I have no way to lift this bin at all to get under at the corner where I could install drain holes to collect runoff instead of letting the bin swim in it.

So what your saying there’s liquid collecting under a false bottom that has no where to go? If that’s the case you could be looking at some serious problems( molds, anaerobic contamination and a host of other things ) get that drilled out ASAP to the point it’s free draining! Get the bin lifted drilled and a small collection pan underneath pronto!

1 Like

If your plants roots are standing in any bit of this stranded liquid runoff it could be a result of some of the problems your encountering!

1 Like

Large Turkey Baster

1 Like

borrow a drill from a neighbor

Not many of my neighbors are friendly people unfortunately :man_shrugging:t2: I’m at that specific age apparently where it’s awkward to be friendly with any of my neighbors except for the one who walks Willy each day. He understands the importance of CBD in elderly dogs. He went the full spectrum route. I go CBD isolate with cannabis derived terpenes and dissolved in MCT oili make it very concentrated as my dog shares my dose apparently. She’s a big dog though plus she’s 10 and is having occasional hip problems. Any time I’m smoking heavy she stays in the room to hotbox. She passes out at my feet each time too. Once she’s up though she’s as energetic as a puppy again for the day. Only downside is she has to go out every 4 hours max and that includes at night while I’m asleep. This dog is as exhausting as a newborn baby, but I love her too much to let her sit there all day barely eating and drinking while never leaving her sleep spot and sitting in her filth as she had no control anymore.

Anyways rant aside I do see that the water level in the Bottom bin is slowly decreasing despite using enough water to cause runoff. I can’t fit anything larger than a pencil in the bin from the top without drilling. Should I fuel up my torch and hotknife it? I can choose a spot near the bottom for now. I just don’t want to flood my floor.

Also here’s today’s pics

3 Likes

I’ll get it open ASAP. I just am at a loss of how. I can hotknife a sharp butter knife. Otherwise I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to get a drill.

Side question: is it possible to adjust the times the plants schedule is on without stressing them out? I’m looking to get them off at 9 instead if 1. That’s when it gets dark outside and all ambient light from the sun reflecting on my walls can’t cause light leaks. So far though after finding out they had a bright streak of light coming from the door the whole time I can only hope I hardened then to light leaks if that’s possible. I still will be getting some kind of shade for the door. Oddly I’m thinking a black bead door behind a blackout curtain with how my door is constructed would probably work best for me. I let the door open for awhile and I put the AC on 70 for a bit. The humidity was way too much. I’ve heard cool days and warm nights promote short internodal growth.

this is what the humidity is at now. Before I rented it out it was at 85f and 85% humidity and it’s been trapped there for awhile now. My friend’s eyes hurt when the door is open and the light escapes into the hallway. I can open the window and let the sun come in at sunup and I’ll get the direct sunlight through that window since I remember when I used it as a bedroom and it was impossible go sleep at all if I wasn’t asleep by 2. Once in in rem nothing wakes me. At 4am is when the sun is pointing right in that window.

Sorry for the TL: DR I have been making a tincture from hash all day. I think I got high from the fumes as I’m sensitive enough to a terp high that aromatherapy has gotten me fried from a heavy use of peppermint and lavender one day. The hash changed to a thin mint smell from a lavender in your face with a mild chocolate and mint notes in the background. After decarbing the tase became unreal and the lavender is now in the background. Those chocolate notes came in strong and the mint got a little stronger too. I’ll find out the taste once I infuse the sugar tomorrow. Gotta make it light stable and alcohol free.

Edit: I’ve been smoking grape God all day. My buddy got it from one of my people yesterday. Even the burnout is relaxing oddly enough.
I turned off the AC, turned on the air purifier that has a habit of making very dry air circulate, I opened the window, and I setup mirrors on the corners around the floor to bounce light back up to the canopy. When the sun comes up I’ll be able to take advantage of the intensity bouncing off the walls and mirrors to help them get some UV as well. I’ll be ordering those 2700k corncob LEDs and a 40w blackout CFL to add some UV to the mix to help it lean more towards full spectrum. I want to add some green light too. I can’t remember who on here said it rn, but I liked the finding about green light increasing canopy penetration similar to UV and infared. They also react to green light too. It’s not 100% reflected and the positives of adding some green outweigh the lack of bad.

As far as changing the light schedule it’s best done with a timer say 15 or 30 minutes at a time and work towards your 4 hour difference of course you need to keep the same duration and compensate on the back end of the light schedule as well. IMO the green light will do nothing for your grow people use green lights in the dark cycle when they want to work on them cause they won’t photosynthesize while exposed to green light .

I was reading a paper on that actually. They still absorb green light. The color is only green because it’s the least efficient color for photosynthesis, however the light penetration it provides is in the same range of UV and infared. When used as a supplemental lighting it’s been shown to shorten internodal growth.

On the other hand if purple were to become the main color, then I’d benefit greatly with the addition of a light spectrum they absorb more easily like green light. Though if memory serves me right it’s actually very intense for purple/red pigment plants.

Chirping aside though I just want to provide them with the best possible light spectrum. Since I’m limited to so far just about 300w and I’ll be adding on another 100w combined in lights to even out light spread and increase penetration. If they insist on growing back the stems I pruned off I’ll have to compensate for that. They do seem to be somewhat pliable still. I shouldn’t use anything like twine or hempwick to gently bend them outwards correct? I want to move them outward a bit to compensate for the lack of light penetration they’ll have soon otherwise.

1 Like

Ya nothing that would cut into the stem would work I like using green tape found at your grow store

1 Like

I don’t have any way to drain it yet, but apparently I might have a drill to use soon.

On a side note I poked holes all around the soil to give it some air as it takes too long to dry being primarily peat. Nothing was moisture regulating. Just some small amounts of pearlite in it.
Also here’s today’s EOD pics for the girls. The runt is opening the uppermost bracts. nothing visible to the naked eye yet.

2 Likes

Will a dehumidifier from Walgreens work for my needs? I need to drop humidity without opening that door. Even with the window open all day it didn’t help the humidity. I can’t ignore that it’s too humid in there. My buddy will live. We just have to switch seats and his eyes are fine now. That room has to vent out the humidity since I don’t have a dehumidifier.

I solved the light leak issues finally. The pests aren’t gone yet. I need to get some BT, but idk how to on a budget. So far the pests aren’t bugging the plants. The flytraps are getting covered in aphids.im thinking I should put in more soon as long as they’re around. It’s apparently more enticing than the plants.

1 Like

Here’s some more pics today. They just look so good today. I mixed a small amount of soap and water together to help get the DE off the leaves. As a added bonus it looks like the bugs don’t like it.

As you can see there’s a good amount of yellow light mixed in now. Soon it’ll be evenly spread over the canopy once I can order the splitter and lights.

1 Like