My first bagseed grow

Well damn. I drained the water finally. It smells like sewage. Bad news is I broke the shelf that hung my lights. IDK how I’ll give them lights when it’s time. I already have them in a large light leak rn to drain the nasty shit out. I probably am dealing with root rot as it took me so long to drill into the bottom. I’ll have to separate the bin from the bottom one later. I had to do it now or risk not getting a chance again for a month. IDK what to do about the setup now.
I got it drained and that’s great, but now my lights have nowhere to hang and I have a large hole on the bottom of my bin and on the side. At least it’s light enough to carry finally now that it’s drained free of the 50 or so litres of nasty smelling water. Hopefully I can solve this issue. I should find a way to keep the bin slightly off the ground so I can get a tube or something in there to drain. I put it directly on the bottom in a inside corner pocket. It stopped draining at 40-50L. I have no way to get the bin out easily. I’ll do it, but once it’s out I still have to figure out how I’ll get the lights up again. Once it’s dry I do have waterproof caulking I can plug the holes with, but I’m not expecting that to be effective tbh. I should have thought all of that through. I just freaked out when I smelled that water and saw my floors flooding and had to get shit moved fast.

I’ll take suggestions if I can afford them. I’m sorta screwed tbh though.

Here’s the runoff. It smells like a sewer and a barnyard mated. I should still test it I assume before I toss it?

May help and it’s dirt cheap

1 Like

Here’s the runoff test pics. Too much phosphorus. I can’t quite tell on the potassium test, it appears to be just above sufficient on the scene test. I need to get a meter to test the actual numbers with. Nitrogen is waiting to show color now. So far it seems to not change color

Here’s the other pics from outside
This one is the color before any capsules are added for color clarity on the nitrogen test later.

These are the rest of the pics as we got to indoors to take the first pics.

1 Like

Apparently I have too much P, adequate(?) K, and looks like insufficient to depleted nitrogen. Anyone else have any idea? I’m getting megacrop delivered tomorrow. I’m just amazed that I have no N. My fertilizer was almost all N and the rest aren’t getting used at all somehow.

1 Like

Well… I have no way to hang my lights now…
The shelves in my other closet are too small. None are wide enough to even fit over the 1.5ft width minimum.
The shelf I had before ripped itself apart while I was moving it. Made of flimsy pulp board.it can hold weight as long as it’s not moving in a way it wasn’t designed.

Either way I am screwed. There’s no light outside and I have nothing at all to use to get these over head. Any ideas? It seems like I have no choice but to give them a dark cycle that’s way too long. I have no tools and my only screwdriver is a small flathead. FML

The lights got fixed. Adjusted the set-up to better fit what I have. Here’s the pics

The light stress yesterday hopefully wasn’t too bad. I like the look of the growth on the calyx and pistils on that pic. Though it’s showing red hairs already. No idea rn if that’s good or not. Half asleep
Edit: the pic didn’t upload originally

2 Likes

Oh my! Glad you acted fast I was thinking you’d more than likely be looking at anaerobic conditions in that dead space!

Don’t make adjustments based on that anaerobic slop my guess is that Ph is thrown way off when anaerobic conditions occur.

With bacteria in your waste water I again state don’t make assumptions based on your analysis bacteria use up certain elements to multiply thus making look like it’s deficiency

1 Like

I knew something was off when I saw the tests. I got the megacrop today. I have no idea how to follow the instructions on the site. What’s the ratio I’m looking for? I can use the calculator once I understand it

If I read it right I need 10g of megacrop for each 2 gallons of water?

1 Like

You dont want to repair those holes you made. In fact, you should make a bunch more so this doesnt happen again. This explains why you couldn’t lift it, also why it was taking so long to dry out and why the bugs are thriving. Roots like air almost as much as water.

Megacrop at 5 grams per gallon is a starting point. Go up or down based on their reaction. That being said, you will have to wait a while to let the soil actually dry out.

2 Likes

I plan on letting it dry first. I’m seeing bit dry faster than ever. I usually feed on Thursday. Should I wait till then still?

I put a tbsp in 5 gallons. but I feed light

1 Like

I’ll adjust as they respond to the ratio. I’m really curious how they’re going to respond to it.

1 Like

I just got my free sample a week ago. They love it. I’m outdoors in soil.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the 2 that got crushed turned male today. Lmk if I should pull it or wait

2 Likes

Definitely looking like males, pull them whenever or separate and collect some pollen but you have weeks before they are probably ready to drop.

As for Megacrop as other have suggested above with the gram ratios, i mix using an ec meter as my basis as it’s just easier for me, but have found 2.0ec or 1000ppm is good for veg and flower if constantly feeding, and have gone upwards of 3.0+ec with no issue but at that level i was noticing my reservoirs ec levels were increasing over time meaning my plants weren’t taking it all.

1 Like

It might work out for the best. The runt will get plenty of light now. The 2 makes also have calyx and pistils lower down. My guess is the other day when they got all the light leaks and the water drained they got too stressed and expressed male traits now. Unfortunately it’s lights out rn, so I can’t until they wake up again. It sucks as they had the best stems and I was seeing budding sites pop up all over the stems before they just grew clusters.

1 Like

In the past i have had some plants express female flower for like the first one to three nodes before going full male. But take what you have :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I will need to be more careful on my next grow from regs. I’m not able to collect pollen, plus I’m not sure what plants are what strains. I just know what each seed I put in was. Sucks when you lose track. I’m just hoping the one in the corner that’s just stayed female through it all will end up as White Widow. I had 1 seed out of the 8 that was a good size and the rest were underdeveloped. I honestly never expected all 8 to sprout, so I’m just grateful I have 5 females still

1 Like