My first bagseed grow

Here’s the pics today. They are showing hairs all over now. With the basil and mint in the garden now they’ll be able to also benefit from them. The mint is attracting more of them than the plants are. I’m seeing the cuttings start to show roots on some of the stems. I have a lot of cuttings in each, so if only some root I can eat the rest. I’ll plant the garlic in the center soon.

Is it okay to link a video to see if I have the wind too strong?

1 Like

I think I would train those a little bit, youre going to need the height for stretch.

1 Like

That’s what I was planning on. The height is going to be too tall very soon. Especially the tall one. It’s almost unnaturally long growth each night. Since I started megacrop I’m seeing at least 2 inches a night. The tall one is stretching it seems, but I do see it’s making the most pistils. I’ll just be happy and train them ASAP.

I have to head to my bank to deposit my cash and order some stuff online. If I’m lucky I’ll find a dehumidifier for under 40.
I planted the garlic bulbs from organically grown garlic instead of standard supermarket ones.
The cuttings haven’t rooted yet, but it’d be too much to hope that they grew roots overnight. If I could bring it outside I’d have my plants outside rn.

The plants are growing at a good pace imo. They seem to have stabilized in how fast they grow taller finally and now are focusing on growing as many white hairs as possible. I can’t wait to start seeing the buds forming

1 Like

I have 40 to spend online. @ReikoX @Skiball @Kingaizen69 any advice on what to prioritize?

I’d say imo lights air circulation food and some good old tlc and just start tweeking there living space see if it’s to humid or not and adjust accordingly and give them space to grow it doesn’t take much if you get it dialed in I probably won’t do much more to my grow just some tweeks from what I can see what I have atm is working fine for me

1 Like

They seem to be loving the light set up once I got all of them installed. It is around 75-80f and 75-80% humidity. They definitely give off some heat for sure.
The AC is on 70f with the fan on turbo speed. It’s pointed as high as possible to avoid wind burn.
The air purifier is on high as well pointed far away.
I added the 2nd fan back in the room on high to circulate the air around. It never points at the plants. The low power Galaxy fan is on low and pointed right at the ground area. I’ve been doing hand tests and using my ir temp gun to check the temp of the leaves if I feel I’m not a good judge. The small one is starting to stretch now. I’ll have to buy plant Tiesto start training the tops down a bit and help out with the overall light distribution.
The odd fan directions are for air circulation as it was miserable in there until I got it finished again. It’s just really hot out apparently.
I’ll be turning the AC down lower as the temp in the room is still too high.

Sounds good to me fam just keep doing lil tweeks and give it a few see how they adjust to what you do and keep moving forward doing great so far

1 Like

I turned the AC to 64 and that’s as low as it goes. Last I checked the heat was at 75 flat and the humidity was at 65%.
The basil I’m trying to root to transplant was flowering today, so I pruned those off. The mint is still adjusting, but it is growing new leaves as is the basil. Overall I see the plants might be benefiting already from the cuttings. The pests seem to prefer them over the cannabis. The houseflies that are supposed to be repelled by mint seem to want to land on these cuttings. Odd. :man_shrugging:t2: Either way away from my plants is good. Basil is supposed to increase essential oil production of nearby plants, so let’s see how this goes. It might be my first cannabis grow, but I spent 2 years down the rabbit hole of research making sure I learned as much as possible. Mint can also increase essential oil production too, so that’s cool. I want to add a lavender, marigold, and a stinging nettle. Stinging nettle grows in the wild all around the place in my city. Some are right outside of my house in the woods. I could uproot one and very quickly bring it in the grow room after washing the roots free of anything in the woods soil. The entrance is very fertile though. Everyone tosses their leaves, grass cuttings, and any outdoor plant waste there. Animals use it to go to the bathroom too. Overall seems to have found a nutrient balance as the plants grow tall and strong there with little issues despite being full of coyotes, rabbits, birds, and various other rodents.

I was under the impression that basil would attract bugs to your mj plants.
Cilantro is a good repellant

1 Like

Citronella too. Basil repels houseflies and mice apparently. I’m not expecting it to work perfectly, but if it’s even mildly effective it’s almost the time of year that mice try to escape the cold each year. They decide my garage and crawlspace are perfect spots, so I’m hoping the mint and Basil will help keep them out of the area. The garage they like is directly below the grow room and the opening to the crawlspace is in the grow room wardrobe closet.
I have cilantro in my garden now actually. They’re not doing well though. Too small rn. Still prone to falling over. I already have some Basil planted from seed sprouted, some oregano from seed sprouting now, some garlic chive from seed, I just planted 3 garlic cloves last night, the basil(smells so peppery I love it) cuttings are starting to show roots already. It shouldn’t be crazy long before I can transplant. The mint I have seems to be keeping the flyers away from the plants along with three basil. They’re more interested in those plants. If anything they’re sacrificial plants that can increase essential oil production of nearby plants. Bonuses all around. Even if they die I have the seedlings waiting to grow tall. The cloves I planted I’ll be growing out to full harvest. It’ll be much easier to deal with than a cannabis plant on the go. I can get a friend with a truck to help move it when it’s time.

I want to reuse this soil, but I’ll be working with it more before I grow cannabis in it again. Just regular houseplants that help with nutrient fixing and pest control. When it’s time I’ll seal everything and let the soil cook a bit on it’s own with no air or light to help kill pests remaining in the soil and help to decompose the remaining plant matter and wood in the mix.

1 Like

I don’t know how herbs grow under lights, but it’s an outdoor spring thing here. Although So Cal is warm year round, I’ve only had them outside or in a windowsill. I started some marigolds from seed a few are sprouting now. They are also a perennial so I’m not sure if they will end up flowering and seeding the soil for the spring or not. It will be interesting to find out.

1 Like

The cuttings were taken from a outdoor grown basil plant that grew out of control next to a tomato plant. The mint from a windowsill grown mint that grew too tall. The garlic cloves came from a organic garlic bought at a market. The seeds I sowed were burpee seeds

2 Likes

I usually just buy the cheap already grown basil plants at the grocery store for like 3 bucks and eat them until they start to flower and then just throw them away and buy a new one. lol I love basil!

2 Likes

Hey @Meesh try pinching out the flowering part it’s like fimming cannabis makes for a more bushy plants! Right at the nodes part of the plant!

2 Likes

Me too! Apparently there’s lemon basil and cinnamon basil. I’ll be finding them when I can to plant them. Also to answer your question the same rules apply for all plants grown indoors. Might as well try to make use of any wasted light not used by the plants.
My basil had flowered big time. I did some reading and apparently if you want a large yeild of Basil you want to pinch off or prune the flowers. Same rukles apply in cannabis. If you let it get pollinated it stops doing what it does best. Also essential oil production is reduced after as well. Basil is very hearty. The one the cuttings came from is 4 feet high and looks like a bush. The sun this year was amazing for plant growth. I wish I could bring my plants outside at least during this month. Maybe if I’m lucky the aphids will scurry away. The garden is filled with mint, basil, citronella that was marked as another plant, thyme, rosemary, chocolate mint(mmmmmm), lavender, parsley, and cilantro. It does have a issue with leafminers and caterpillars, but otherwise the garden is healthy. They all came from nurseries, so some had pests. Some had those wart like growths on it too. Plenty of been and lots of pest controlling plants and it became a super healthy garden. Who knows, maybe I’m benefitting from them even indoors. I’ve seen stranger things. We have grape vines, apple trees, strawberries, Japanese maple, tomatoes, and squash growing outside. Makes me wonder if any of those can benefit nearby plants at all.

Beat me to it👌
It’s why I pruned off mine. Plus I want to promote root growth, so flowering wasn’t wanted at all.

1 Like

My problem is I eat it too fast. I put it on everything, so once it flowers I pretty much have no more leaves. lol
I’ll grow one outside in the spring and see if I can get that one big while I use up the grocery store plant.

2 Likes

Lemon Basil makes the best pesto! Yum!!!

3 Likes

I can’t wait until I have a full garden going. I eat a lot as well and it’ll save me a lot of money if I can grow my own veggies. Problem is I’ll have to work hard for it, but it’ll be worth it in the end. If I can manage to achieve the same giant plant my family did, then I’ll be set each year.

1 Like