My first bagseed grow

They look so good today. The sativa looking one especially it did develop first though, so overall they’re growing at the same rate. The other 3 just got delayed by issues initially.

I can’t smell much from it rn, but I had to set the AC to 64 to get the temp of the room to 70f and 55% humidity only while the door is open, so my night habits have changed to accommodate that need. I’m still trying to get a dehumidifier, but overall they’re doing well.
The other plants are flowering, but not as fast as the tall girl in the first 3 pics. One seems to be growing new leaves still or IDK what is going on with her. Hopefully not reveg some how. That would be strange. maybe they were handled too hard while they could be trained. I checked this morning and now the entire stems are rigid. I’d have to start to soften the stems gently to reshape the stems if I want to adjust for height. If anyone can point me to where I can learn how if you think I need it still. If they get twice as tall the tall girl won’t have any overhead lights if I can’t figure out how to account for the stretch now that she won’t bend even at the top node. I held the stem at the node below the top with 1 finger and when I gently pulled the while stem moved without bending all the way down to the root. I think they were deficient in something and that made the stems soft before they adjusted to megacrop. I do see some mild bleached/burnt tips, but I’m still chocking that down to the adjustment from miracle gro all purpose fertilizer and being waterlogged for too long. now I add enough to not cause runoff, but enough to get the soil soaked down to the bottom. 1.5 gallons is just enough. At 1.8 gallons I saw runoff before. When they drink fast enough that I water every day I’ll test how much water the soil can handle at Max before runoff. I’m just playing it safe with the time between when they were waterlogged and when I water until runoff starts dripping out.

I was away for a day, so my update got a bit long lol.
This is the right back corner one opposite the tall girl(I need to give them some names for ID)

And the short Indica girl here

The cuttings are starting to root now. The mint went first. It shouldn’t be long before I can transplant them. I accidentally pulled out a root from a cutting that fell out of the cup when I moved them off the soil. They were keeping it moist in the middle while the rest dried out. Possibly causing the burnt tips I saw as well. It’s slowly happening, but my garden is coming together now.

the Basil cuttings are rooting, but you can barely tell tbh. I saw 1 root coming out of the side of the stem. Not the bottom, so I’m thinking they had been cut wrong or this is normal.

Now here’s the rest of the pics. If it’s not obvious I’m really happy with how they’re coming along.

And now for a funny picture I took the other day. It made me LoL :rofl:

Post Malone in person looks a bit different

4 Likes

Well, I’m glad you didn’t pull them all out when you were feeling rash. Glad they are making a comeback

2 Likes

Yeah. Me too. Now that I have a roommate I can leave whenever I’m about to freak out and if I need a day to cool off I can take it. This most recent break wasn’t for the plants. I had to take a break before I got so pissed at my dog that I listened to my parents telling me it’s time for her. They thought it was time when she peed blood at 5. I gave her more water and it was solved. No $800 vet appointment needed to put her down. She apologized after I let her calm down, but I was still mad she bit me and Drew blood without holding back. Usually she does when she feels pressure. When I’m mad I do stupid shit and my hand is unsteady. Now she’s a lot more calmed down she seems better. She’s old, so it might be time soon, but until she fully snaps that isn’t happening. She’s making it to 11 no matter what. After that time will tell.

Now back to the plants. I’ll have to raise the lights soon as I’m sure you saw in the pics. The tall one is almost grown into the lights

How long have you been in 12/12 then?

1 Like

15 days now. Not too long.

I’d think the stretch would start coming to an end pretty soon if not already done IMO

1 Like

Perfect! I guess I did get the height guess right. I based it off a possibility of a 3x height on the tallest one to be safe as I’ve read they can get 2-3x as big as veg when you flip them to flower. I did want them to reach a tall height though as I’ll need the yeild when I’m out of here. Money will be too tight after I move out to buy anything

1 Like

I raised the lights anyways just in case. The corncob LED above the tall girl is getting close to it. I’ve been keeping an eye on it to make sure she’s not going to touch it.

Heatwave is over now, so I increased the temp on the AC to 70 again. I was 70f 55% humidity all day yesterday. I just woke up, so I took plenty of pics to choose from for this update. Here’s today’s humidity check at 5am before I either wake up or go back to bed.now it’s at 70f/70%
The splitter on the right was having some difficulty in turning on the UV light in the middle each day. Apparently it was too tight or something in the base. I slightly loosened it last night and it’s now on without me having to look at that setup like staring at the sun.
I’m seeing much stronger growth today. Rn they resemble honeysuckles.

To keep the seedlings and seeds happy I’ve been spraying the top of the soil making sure there’s no excessive dry spots if possible. Seems to be showing good growth of the babies I planted awhile ago.

The cuttings are rooting nicely on the mint.

The Basil is taking a long time to root

I turned on the overhead light to get some extra light coming to the plants. It’s probably not doing anything, but if it’s doing something that’s good.

I sowed some catnip seeds last night, so that’ll be interesting. Supposedly it helps keep mosquitoes away. The garlic bulbs I planted I don’t believe will benefit the soil in time. I’m tempted to sow an auto seed in the middle(thanks @ReikoX for the card and stickers. I love the stickers). It should line up with harvest time for these girls. Those pests still there make me want to wait though. They’re definitely not breeding as much as in the past. I haven’t done any nicotine teas in awhile, so maybe I should do that again soon and now that I have enough of it I can make a strong batch like online recipes call for. It’s basically the latest I can do it as otherwise I’ll have nicotine in the buds and leaves come harvest. 3 weeks I believe was the time it’s in your plants for.

2 Likes

Should this concern me?

it already does, but I tasted it and it’s just pure water. Not even a tap water taste. Tasted like distilled water: nothing.

1 Like

That’s weird! Your canopy doesn’t look overcrowded sometimes when there’s heavy overlap of leaves the respiration of the plant can produce droplets .

1 Like

I have the heat at 70f, the humidity is at 65% and the place where it happened does feel a bit warm. Maybe the new position gets more HPS IR now. The back of my hand has a mild sunburn, so I could just be oversensitive to heat though. I’ll use my temp gun to check again and report back what I see.

Update: it’s average is 70f on the tops with a spike at 78f initially before I could only get 74f at most.
The dew point area was reading 68f. I never see the temp near the soil reach Bellow 60f.

Correction the 60f was just a overhead for safety, but I’m seeing 66f at soil level, 68f-70f scattered across the entire surface of all 4 plants. The only spot that’s 64f was where the dew formed. It’s still damp now. Hopefully that won’t be trouble down the road.

I popped some of the cuttings of mint and Basil in the soil. I have more, but the cups were crowded. Taking them out would damage roots. If they root in the soil awesome, but if not I’ll wait on the rest to root and try again.

the 2 basil cuttings I’m trying to root are the ones with a curled stem.
Nice growth today. Really long pistils all over the place. The colas are just starting to form now.

The back one isn’t looking good on some fan leaves. It feels healthy other than the wrinkling. It doesn’t feel dry at all.

3 Likes

Does anyone have a clue what’s going on with that fan leaf? It’s not dry and crispy, but it looks like it should be.

Also I’ve noticed that nights are 80% humidity and 70f. Consistently. Even with the door open and the room ventilated it still is the sane temp and humidity in that room. I can’t get away without a dehumidifier now. That’s my priority purchase next opportunity.

Shout-out to anyone who can help even if I don’t tag you @Mr.Sparkle @Tinytuttle @Meesh @ReikoX @Skiball @Kingaizen69 and anyone else who might have input is welcome to help.
I need to buy a dehumidifier. What requirements am I looking for? I’ve seen some that say they can remove 10oz of water a day and I feel that’s too low. Even if it’s a 1100 cubic feet capable device. I’m not experienced with it though so I’ll admit I’m wrong if I am. I just need help in picking one out. My budget is tight though. I can save if I have to. I do like to make my own stuff. If I can diy one for less than the cost to buy one I will.

There’s just a lot of options out there both expensive and cheap. IDK what to choose and I’d rather not waste money if anyone here can point me in the right direction.

Is that DE on the leaf? Kinda looks like it to me but if not it’s probably bugs. Do you have a loup/scope to check for bugs? What’s your IPM if ya have to go to it?

1 Like

It is de yes. Somehow it always spreads to the leaves no matter what I do. Probably the wind in there circulating it from the tops or the pests are bringing it before they die. Whatever the case yes it is de.

Scoped for bugs yet ? Some are so small you can barely see with the naked eye! 30x-60x will most often does the trick!

I use nicotine when possible, but this watering might be the last time to use it if I’m out by October. I’ve kept away from using it for the last few weeks and the plants don’t seem effected by the bugs oddly enough. They seem to die soon after they feed on them. I am regularly brushing bug corpses off the tops of the leaves lately. Though I am seeing some bug poop on the leaves too. All in all I want them out. I don’t have a good IPM. It’s really relying on the mint, garlic chive, cilantro, basil, oregano, the garlic I planted to help if at all before the next grow, and the catnip seeds I sowed the other day. Otherwise I don’t have many options available to me. I get help when possible, but usually I’m on my own here and at this point I have to keep myself permastoned to keep calm. You’ve been there for some of the times I tried to be myself. I am a ball of anxiety. Even now I am, but I’m not freaking out about everything and that’s important.

Also I have a 60-120x pocket scope I can use, but it’s hard as the image is mirrored and I have never been able to move right when I’m seeing it mirrored. Always hated inverted controls.

1 Like

Well if it’s bugs try a insecticidal soap spray the egg-larvae-pupa-adult stage needs broken spray every 3-5 days check and recheck I have a thread going call homemade potions and elixers not posted it yet but a insect soap can be made with an Ivory bar soap or ( Castile) soaked overnight in water and diluted out and sprayed in foliage at lights out , I just had a run in with some aphids that got into my clones I set outside for half a day I sprayed just today with Safer soap! Love the stuff knocks them out almost on instant

1 Like