My first bagseed grow

I’ll get some of that soap. I keep hearing about it, but I still haven’t tried it for whatever reason. It’s watering time at lights on today, so after I water I can see how this last tobacco treatment helps if at all. I can grab some stuff tomorrow. I’ll get what supplies I can afford.

Had to edit it. I’m a bit drunk tonight. Holding off on smoking so much for a night

Light cycle is at 12:31. Somehow I lost 10 minutes and it’s not at 12:41 anymore.

I’m clearly playing favorites with the sativa one, but I mean the pics say why. Just absolutely amazing to look at. Also I feel a bit higher now after going in that room. Gotta love those terps! They even make beer hit you harder. LoL

6 Likes

I grow outdoors so I’m not sure on a dehumidifier, but your one problem plant looks like bugs to me as well.

1 Like

After I watered I found the soil can hold about 2 gallons of water. Right before 2 gallons was added I saw some mild runoff. Not much, but enough that a paper towel can take care of it. Let’s see how this watering plays out. Now that it’s not waterlogged hopefully the tobacco can do it’s thing and be a pesticide. With all this growth they need the nutrients for sure.

I’m assuming it’s something like that. I just can’t seem to get rid of the pests

I just took a look at the leaf I pictured earlier. It has plenty of hairs all over and the stem is very hairy. I see opened pores on the leaf, but at the zoom I was on I was seeing small chunks at a time in focus before a slight twitch causes me to see nothing at all. Seriously completely inverted controls. It’s ass backwards. Anyways the leaf was inspected on bottom and in top. I see some flyers occasionally on the leaf, but nothing I can’t see with my eyes based on the pocket microscope I’m using

1 Like

I’ve been watching this grow since you started it and see a lot of similarity between your initial stress level and mine with my first grow which was very recently. I over analyzed the hell outta those plants. I stressed over them, fussed over them, I kinda over everythinged those plants lol. The resulting bud that is curing now from them, just isn’t great. It’s stoney, but not in line with my ideas of grandeur at the time. In the end, it was an excellent learning experience and I have much more confidence in my current grows because of it. Although, I’m sure that it will be even several more seasons before I am truly dialed in. Oddly enough, the 3 things I’ve learned first and foremost are How to properly water my plants, How to leave them the fuck alone and how it’s not really the end of the world if they don’t come out perfect (because they won’t). Practice makes perfect.

2 Likes

I’ve pretty much reached that point during this grow after the plants got crushed. I had to force my mindset zen like about it is else I’ll keep freaking out. I overanalyzed everything, but overall I learned that I just need to chill and let whatever happens happen. With my budget getting a good quality grow isn’t possible. Plus I don’t even know where the genetics of each strain come from. Only that they came in vacuum sealed bags. Not in brick, but closer to the mids Cali and Colorado send out instead of the good stuff. Hell I’ve had shake of the top shelf there and it kicked my ass. Really puts into perspective how little care goes into most of the bud I smoke. I find a good grower once in awhile, but most just vanish. It’s why I’m starting with this grow. Next grow I’ll start the autos that @ReikoX sent me. Thank you for these! I’m taking good care of these girls while I get myself properly ready to grow good quality bud next time. I want to learn what I can on this one before I kill the autos. Also I’ll have a tent I can use too, so I’ll be keeping them in that once I have the rest of the supplies. I’ll keep the soil in this, but I’ll be keeping it in a hotbox to compost once I get the supplies post harvest. I’ll start each plant new. The chocolate mint out back will be big enough to take a cutting board the time I have rockwool cubes and rooting gel.

So far my lessons are many and I’ve learned I didn’t have enough soil in the end as the roots were forming at the soil top and still are.
I’ve learned that set-up is more important than anything. If I don’t have a way to drain it I’ll see issues. If I don’t innoculate the soil I’ll see issues. I lucked out and got a fungal dominated soil that so far seems to be helping despite everything. Still I’ll be using separate pots next grow. I’ll grow the garlic well ahead of time. I’ll get my companion plants grown first as from what I’ve seen the ones I’ve chosen grow really fast. The ones I planted however grow way slower than my plants I wanted to benefit from them.
That lesson was patience is a virtue. If I want to benefit from my plants to get bigger yeilds I have to get them to maturity before I sow my seeds or I’ll not get any benefit of them and see some issues instead as they adjust to the soil changing. Rambling…
Anyways I’ll be doing plenty of prep work for my next grows. I’ll take what lessons I learn from this grow to improve on my next and continue to do that on each grow and never stop really. That’s the joy of this plant. While a lot of them are similar, cannabis is always changing to it’s environment and the genetics change in kind. Just bringing a plant to a area it’s not used to will start to show new phenos and over generations it will adjust to the environment genetically. While an an oversimplified version it’s roughly the gist of it. Correct me if I’m wrong.
I’ll update in a few with pics. Just typing word vomit as I try to stay awake.

2 Likes

:v:

Some roommates are better than others… :wink: I like yours!

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

He’s really helpful. Plus he has to keep himself high always. I won’t go into why, but it’s terminal. Luckily we’re getting him in a trial for crispr that’s shown extremely promising results. Plus with smallpox being a possibility soon I’ll find a way to get that mutation too lol. Anyways here’s today’s pics. I love how they look. Just mesmerising.

the tall one as always is a picture hog LoL :ok_hand: I love it!

She’s short, but I’m expecting great things from that one. At least in bud quality. I’ve already accepted that my yeild will be small most likely. Some of the plants want a lot more water than I can give them. If I had prepared more i could have gotten fabric pots and the plants would have gotten the care each had been begging for without seeing issues in another.

The plant here really nails home what I said above. The rest are happy at the level I’ve given them so far, but this one is still showing some phosphorus deficiency it looks like. Lmk if I should up the concentration of the megacrop soon or if I should just keep going as is.

This one I think might not be getting enough light. IDK it just seems healthy, but otherwise slow yeilding. I definitely have a combo of a sativa, 2 hybrids, and an Indica. Or else the lights just made them all grow odd like this.

This basil plant really says it all for my last blurb. It’s not even raising for the light.

This plant is doing much better by comparison.
All the mint is doing extremely well though. The one on the corner here I cought wrapped around the stem of my indica looking girl here. Made me wonder if some types of mint might behave like vines.

Overall I’m happy with this grow. I’ll start my garden and I’ll continue once I can eliminate these pests.

On another note I found out what happened with the sharpie like spots on my leaf. It was a housefly that got in. They’re feeding on the leaves. Dissolving them unless I can shoot them away. No clue where they come in from, but I do know they’re attracted to my plants and mint like no other. I thought that mint was a pest repellent, not a attractor of pests.
Hopefully the catnip helps with some of the issues.

4 Likes

I think I need to increase the feed strength. I’ll run over the deficiency calculator to see what’s up, but if anyone knows what happened to this one I’m unsure rn.

This one just seems to have a mild issue, but lmk if I need to grab anything for them ASAP

They were all fine this morning and this all seemed to have happened pretty fast today. Hopefully I’m not losing a plant.

1 Like

Keep it up buddy. Even if you dont get a huge harvest, think about all you have learned already.

Remember, the more you grow, the more you grow.

3 Likes

I know. I wish I had just planted the seeds I had 2 years ago and started to learn back then. Plenty of money to use for everything I needed back then too. Life was good. Makin dat :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:
Regrets aside I couldn’t wait any longer after 2 years of research. I can only look up so much before I can only start learning advanced techniques and that doesn’t help me much other than tempting me to screw up my first grow before I’m familiar with the plants.

From what I see on the deficiency chart it seems to be a nitrogen deficiency. A severe one based on the symptoms if not a sulfur deficiency based on the flowchart on my sick plants thread. Am I mistaken? If I can help them survive this I want to. In the end this was intended to be a learning grow. If I get good quality bud awesome, but if not I’m learning, so meh. I’ll just take what I learn each grow to improve my next one.

Do we see powdery mildew there? :astonished:

:smile: me too. i’m on my 3rd year but it should be close to my 20th. seriously kicking myself when i realized it & that’s why i’ve been dedicated & pre-occupied with the subject. overgrow has helped me a lot, library books & youtube(youtube isn’t as good anymore, they censor).

the old timers are right that over-watering is almost a garaunteed problem with first-time growers; i STILL struggle with it.

as a remedy, i forced myself to wait until i saw wilting or the containers were lightweight. i don’t always do it. (anxiety, etc.)

another step was increasing % of perlite in the soil mix for indoor plants…to about 60% but I may even go to 80% for the next run(winter).

hmm. wake & bake taking over, ttyl. :wink:

1 Like

It’s the diatomaceous earth. It never comes off until I spray the leaves heavily until dripping. Should I do it with nutes or plain water? Seems like at least that plant is asking for more nutrients than the rest. I’m just avoiding toxicities, but seeing deficiencies sometimes because of it. I think I’ll increase the fertilizer strength now. I’ve been at 5g megacrop for each 2 gallons of water. No tip burn that’s new anyways. No toxicities since I started megacrop and drained the Reservoir.

What was the DE for? I’ve stopped using it except for poultry. :slight_smile:
I’d shower it off well before 3rd week of flower begins & ventilate & dry them off…I wouldn’t let water linger for more than a half an hour on foliage(myself).

They seem fed enough…Try the MegaCrop at 4g/gal next time you do feed but not past week one of flower; IMO, it makes blooming too leafy.

1 Like

I’ve had them in flower for around 2 and a half weeks or so now. I thought I was supposed to to increase the feed strength after 2 weeks of flowering?
Also 12:38 is when the lights turn off. Odd…:man_shrugging:t2:

I’m just speaking from my own trial with MegaCrop. I don’t have a high Phosphorus nutrient to match its 14% Nitrogen & didn’t like the results of the plant i fed heavy.
(Personally using a home-made liquid BRIX feed for blooming, nothing last 2 weeks.)
check out some other OGer’s whove used it heavy with good results & maybe even try a heavy feed on one sacrificial lamb. :wink:

1 Like

On the one that’s Yellow I’ll mix a stronger mix for her. The rest are getting the regular strength. So far I’m seeing strong growth much faster than miracle gro lol

1 Like

I’m just at a loss now for what’s happening. Is it the new plants causing deficiencies or what am I missing? It’s. Still too soon to water, but I’ve been misting the top to keep the little ones happy. My next chunk of change is going to supplies. I’ll be getting a humidifier for another reason, but also a dehumidifier with it. 80% Rh all night every night isn’t good.

I’m seeing issues in all the plants r except for the tall one. Otherwise they’re throwing out trichomes all over. Lots of sugar leaves already

Also the chunks of laef missing an the black dots are from a housefly trying to eat my plants. Lat one left in the house ATM, but the amn thing keeps shitting and spitting all over the leaves. It’s kinda pissing me off. Also unless I’m mistaken the tall girl gave off a mint smell when I rubbed her leaves earlier.

3 Likes