My first bagseed grow

I think you can stop misting altogether. I saw 82F 20%RH when i looked in my tent last night(day for plants). :astonished:

what’s the temperature? they may be too “cold & soggy”…leading to the over-watering syndrome. there’s a natural progression where fan leaves turn yellow, wilt, then die & fall off, fyi.

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

The temp is at a constant 70f.
Any time I raised the temperature of the AC I saw 80% humidity all day and one time it approached 100% on the meter. Straight up bizarre.

After the lights turn on the humidity takes 8 hours, but it drops to 65% and when the lights go out the humidity climbs again. Repeat daily. It’s a pattern that’s seemingly constant.

That sounds like a shower to me. :shower: :wink: That humidity is going to be your enemy & the dehumidifier is probably the best thing you can invest in at the moment. If they were enclosed in a smaller separate space (i.e. closet or tent) the humidity will be much easier to manage/control.

We have opposite environments: I cannot achieve more than 45%RH in my home, wintertime, and upper 20’s in summer, using a humidifier. If I dry several heavy loads of laundry inside I can temporarily raise my indoor humidity. :slight_smile:

A pair of denim jeans :jeans: will dry outside in less than 2 hours normally, any time of year. :desert: :palm_tree:

good luck :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

I’ve tried to increase the temperature in there. 75f makes it 70% humidity almost constant. 80f makes the room have 80% or more. I don’t think I can avoid a dehumidifier much longer. I can turn down the AC as it’s only on 70f setting rn, but I’d prefer my fix to be less cross my fingers and more reliable.

It’s actually a little cold in that room to me tbh. The airflow is strong and the AC is on the fastest fan speed. The oscillating fan is also on high. I have a fan that is just aimed out the doorway. I see the humidity drop pretty fast if I can vent the room. My roommate doesn’t grasp that if he closes the door it’ll be bad for them and months of hard work will be lost. Also $500 will be thrown away​:money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

1 Like

It took me a couple of years to figure out humidity control. :wink:

ttyl

1 Like

Hopefully it won’t take me that long. I’m extremely OCD with autism. I tend to obsess over sometime if I can fix it until I can. I’ve found some strange solutions over the years. Necessity really is the mother of invention.

1 Like

Well… Some interesting things happened today.
The tall girl smells really good. Like a sweet cheese.
Skunk, cheese, sweet Woody notes, and I swear I caught a whiff of mint off her yesterday too. I’m really curious how she’ll be once I dry and cure the bud. The indica is a pine and skunk smell.
The hybrid behind the sativa has no smell at all on the buds. The leaves smell like tomato leaves when rubbed. The other hybrid has a sweet skunk smell with a hint of pine. Some interesting smells off them for sure. The garlic popped up finally. Should be interesting. Soon the catnip should also sprout and then let’s see if I can’t somehow make it too hostile for gnats and aphids. I have 60 to spend on the plants. Dehumidifier is my priority, but those pests are just annoying me and my pest control methods aren’t cutting it. Houseflies started to come in and spit on the leaves. The hybrid with no smell is the one targeted by the pests most. Seems if I can’t get rid of the pests soon I will have 3 plants after they eat this one to death.

Otherwise looking good with her. Really want the pests gone.
The sativa just looks stunning
Definitely playing favorites with her. The smell reminds me of good aged cheddar cheese. Has a Woody and nutty note. Sweet and skunky with the musk of cheese. Hopefully not smelling budrot and it’s a tasty terpene combo.

The hybrid on the back isn’t looking bad either. She caught up pretty quick. Must be a late bloomer.

The indica isn’t making a lot of colas, but she’s compact. I’m expecting quality over quantity with her.

Now this one is always confusing to see

You can see how dry it is. That popped up overnight. Damn things just want to grow in that soil no matter what.

The garlic looks so odd when it starts to pop out

Later today looks to be when it’s time to water again. It’s normally every 2 days I’m feeding them megacrop. Hoping I’m not feeding them too much. They seem to be asking for more nutrients. The purple stem ends are telling me that. When I feed they start to go away. Some of them lost the purpling entirely after I started using megacrop. The one with no smell though is asking for more nutrients than the rest. I’ll have to mix hers separately from the rest.

The mint is rooting nicely. Not mega fast, but I’m using cups of water. So I’ll take that they aren’t dead as a win.

The basil is taking it’s sweet ass time making roots. Not even at the end either. All along the stem instead

Long update today LoL :ok_hand:

4 Likes

You are a wise one @Meesh :+1:
@OniTenshu the only true failure is to have never tried at all

2 Likes

That’s why I finally started growing. I was tired of doing tireless research for 2 years. I can learn everything in the world, but if I can’t use it in practice what use is that knowledge?

1 Like

The chlorotic fan leaf died and fell off last night. I didn’t even notice when I took pics earlier

I’m really wondering what’s going on with this one.

Update: apparently the Indica is smelling like the sour Mango I have in my jar waiting for me to smoke it. Interesting.

I doubt I’m so lucky that I get 2 tasty phenos. The bud they came from almost all smelled the same. Standard skunky pine in my area.

Very nice combo of smells in that room now.
If it’s not 2 different phenotypes showing up it must be something else.

I will mention that I have a extremely sensitive sense of taste/smell. I’m the resident(does this smell off to you?) Tester. If smell fails me I give it a lick to see if it’s gone or not. Seriously I’m wishing I got a job somewhere to take advantage of this.

Anyways thanks to that nose of mine I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m a natural interpener. From the start I would overanalyze my bud getting familiar with every terpene before I smoke it. Now I do that more when I smoke instead. Like tasting all the ingredients in a stew and watching someone be shocked that I guessed all the spices and if they used a splash of vinegar or alcohol.

2nd update: I gave it more time to let my nose cool off.
The left back hybrid(no smell) I found a patch of sugar leaves with a good cola on it to smell and it smelled like lemons.

The indica smells like skunky, piney, and like mango with a slight hint of sour.

The sativa is getting a citrus smell too added to the mix. The smells are evolving daily and I love it!
Now she’s at skunk, pine, cheese, citrus, sweet, and wood. I loved the sharp cheddar cheese smell I got earlier though.

The right back hybrid is a difficult call rn. It’s not giving off much smell ATM. All I get are skunk and pinewood of her.

1 Like

The hybrids both give off a cheese smell now. Could be my roommate’s feet though. Jokes aside it’s coming off the buds themselves and is making me concerned I already have bud rot. For all 3 of the tall girls to give off a strong blue cheese smell I’d lean on rot, but who knows I could have 3 cheese strains or something.

The pics are a bit jumbled, but I’m exhausted. Mostly the pics are for show anyways.

I increased the feed strength to 10g in 2 gallons and so far they’re responding well to it. I did lose some leaves, but that plant seems to be dying. If it’s not I’ll see.

The mushrooms are working hard now. The sprouts from the garlic popped out properly too.

The mycelium is spreading again. Must be a good fungi as the garlic and chives aren’t keeping them from popping up.

Can someone tell me an optimal time to water? I’ve noticed if I do it before lights out they drain a lot more water, but if they’re up they seem to hold water for longer if they let the soil drain at all. Am I mistaken or is it better to water at the start if the day and not at the end?

Also here’s the pics of the dead leaves too

If it was bud rot you’d see it before smelling it, pretty sure…bet you have cheese strains…(personally can’t stand’em :nose: )

i’d water in the “morning”; if you’re contending with high humidity, having moisture around at “night” is no bueno. :sunrise: indoors or outdoors for that matter.

is outdoor/guerilla an option for your next crop? :wink:

1 Like

Unfortunately outside isn’t a option where I am now. Depending on the place I get when I move I could grow outside. Might need a tent next grow, so thank you @ReikoX for the Crystal Candy seeds. I’m really interested in the taste and smell of the buds they’ll make.

2 Likes

Copy pasted from my smoke room thread:
I just smelled them all again.

The indica smells like cherries now. Leaning on the cough syrup side, but closer to maraschino.

The sativa is definitely going for cheese primary now.

The Indica side hybrid (ISH) is going for a sour cheese with a pinewood smell.

The Sativa side hybrid (SSH) is going for a musky sweet wood smell.

I’m really interested in how they’re going to be tomorrow. They keep changing smells, but keep the primary smell for much longer. The indica took a really nice turn from a skunk#1 smelling strain into a candy strain. Makes me wonder. The other day she smelled like sour mango kush.

Can someone explain to me how I get these complex smells? The bud I got them from pretty much were all piney and skunky smelling with little other smells, but not enough to say they’re anything other than acquired smells.

This feels like too lucky a grow IMO. How can I end up with this many pheno expressions that weren’t in the bud I got the seeds from? I’m extremely happy I got a candy strain if it stays like this as it seems to keep changing from skunk to sweet/sour fruity smell. After I upped the feed to 5g per gallon they really responded well, but the ISH is still losing fan leaves like no other. Really concerns me. I just had to take off multiple fan leaves to save it from spreading further. Also the stems snapped right off with little effort other than just moving the stem a little down or to the side. They’d come off during watering anyways. I tossed the leaves in the fpj jar.
Am I doing it wrong? I can’t find the thread with the instructions rn for some reason.

my Sophomore guess is super-unstable polyhybridization?
maybe even different strains from that bag?

the leaf drop on that plant… is it the most shaded? other plants over-taking it? try to see if those leaves that are yellowing are shaded…

1 Like

Either way I love the smells. Unstable or not I’m unlikely to breed this grow. The line will most likely end with these girls

So I’ve settled on names.
Indica is Ingrid, Sativa is Sadie, the ISH is Harmony, and the SSH is Holly.

Now I can call them out much easier.
Harmony is the one who’s dropping leaves and getting chlorotic from the bottom leaves traveling upwards.

My blue dreams smelled like pepper in preflowers and citrusy in full bud. Couldn’t tell you why.

1 Like