My first bagseed grow

That’s pretty acidic. Maybe some lime? to bring it up. At that acidity you may as be in hydro or growing blueberrys lol

In soil I see it should be in that range in soil. Unless you meant the 5.5 then yeah it is too low for soil. I have 1 last pH tester to use I can test the runoff with next watering.

Next grow is getting megacrop form the start, but it does still look to me like Harmony might be getting less nitrogen than she needs. Doesn’t it start at lower growth first leading up the plants? So far it’s concentrated at the lower growth only, but it is affecting the young leaves down there too. Anything new that grows on her dies. Anything existing stays alive. IDK why, but all the spots I pruned off are still trying to grow. Should I do something about that? I’ve read if I let new growth happen in bloom it’s bad. Lights are on in 4 minutes. I can do what I have to then

I’m trying to recall if you used MG potting soil to start or did you get it from your compost?

1 Like

Well lack of Nitrogen just turns them light green to yellow. Those leaves were dark green and curled like toxicity.

1 Like

Compost in that pot I sowed them all in. I’ll never use their soil. Some will, but I grudgingly used the fertilizer when it’s all I could get in time after flipping when I was told I was out of here by a week from now. That’s changed finally, so I’ll be growing these girls until they die or I see almost all Amber trichomes. I don’t need the energy from THC. I need the stone or I continue to freak out daily.

Any recommendations on watering? Maybe I used too much. 2 days ago I did pour straight 91% iso on her stem. I had assumed it was mold, but it was DE dusted on her stem.

Lots of lessons learned this grow. I’ll be using megacrop and Cal-Mag next grow both. Those spindly stems I want to avoid next time. Also I’ll have a significantly better setup before I start my next grow. I plan to have a perpetual harvest once I get the stuff to do it right. I’ll most likely be using autos though next grow.
On my list is a dehumidifier, humidifier, fabric pots, and I’ll be innoculating the soil next time.

I’ve lost some leaves from lack of nitrogen recently as I was feeding too light, but my lime green plants darkened up, only the really light leaves on the bottom eventually yellowed and fell off as I practiced a bit too much LITFA before I corrected the problem. I still have lost very few leaves thus far. My first grow was a total shit show. I had crazy slick super dark taco leaves by the time I was done. Pretty sure it was overwatering and over nuting. The bud sucks from them too. This grow I have used only tap water, a few feeding of fish, kelp and molasses super light until I got my mega crop then have used it exclusively.

Oh and all of the fan leaves on that first grow got nasty and died. I had zero left at the end

I have read and seen a video with some super growers who say only to water about 10 to 20 percent of the total pot size. So with say a 3 gallon grow, water like 64 ounces of water Basically less water, more often. The theory is that you are only watering the first 2 inches of soil

1 Like

I forgot… if your planter is fairly shallow, maybe just water the first inch of soil

Edit: I’m high so forgive me all my edits, but I stick my finger in up to my knuckle and feel any moisture whatsoever, I wait until the next day to water

1 Like

Interesting. I thought I was supposed to water to the root bottom or I’d see issues? The dry soil isn’t stopping the pests much ATM. The lights woke em up. I see the same amount as I left it 2 days ago.

Here’s the pics today. I’ll reduce the feed strength to see. I killed all the seedlings except for the smallest ones just sprouting now. Not s clue what they are, but I’ll be guessing it’s more basil as my oregano never sprouted apparently. After seeing the plants in the light I got a second perspective that collaborated your findings. I might be feeding too heavy, but Sadie and Ingrid love it. Only Harmony and Holly show issues at this strength. The leaves affected are the suckers and the huge leaves that get sprayed the heaviest when I spray. So far overall little leaves are lost this grow that I didn’t prune off myself. Dew forms if I let them get too bushy. I’m really on the ball on if I should prune the shade leaves off. They’re shading bud sites wherever they are.

Well the bottom doesn’t dry out as fast as the top or the middle, so when you are watering you generally have 3 levels of water in there. If you keep saturating to the bottom when it’s still super wet that’s the problem

Everyone has different theories on shade leafs. I’ve read in numerous places that they provide sugar to the buds so I leave them. Some people defoliate the shit out of them. I personally would just tie them back so they aren’t blocking light and leave them alone.

My bin is 1 foot deep. I do know one thing. I will not be planting them all in one planter again. I don’t want these issues again. I did it as a failed experiment I can’t undo now without possibly killing them. The roots are so spread that if I stick my finger in to the base knuckle I feel roots tearing. I stopped doing that and I won’t be planting anything else. The cuttings will go in solo cups I’ll spread around the grow instead. They don’t need to be in the same soil to benefit cannabis in essential oil production or yeild. While I don’t expect a large increase anything helps. Especially terpene expression that apparently isn’t easily coaxed out. At least the garlic DGAF about everything I do to that soil LoL :ok_hand:. If only it’ll release it’s fungicide in the soil already. I’m this close to getting a pesticide to end it all and just deal with the consequences of smoking it come harvest.

If you have any advice on that one I’d definitely want to hear it. It’s just an awful situation for me when I know I can kill them easily if I just broke down and poisoned them.

Well, honestly if you have more than 10 days to harvest you could get some of the bug spray called “safer” brand for veggies and such and in theory spray for bugs and be okay. Of course it’s not ideal, but I’m sure you will live through it as bacon and preservatives are carcinogenic and we eat that. lol Since quite frankly you are having sort of ugly things going on in there. With your shallow bin I would water only enough to wet the first inch of soil in there. They also may be root bound. Another thought.

Oh yeah here’s the pics as promised lol

This one’s Sadie

Here’s Harmony. Throwing trichomes out finally.

Damn gnats just get stuck on the leaves now

2 Likes

I can’t upload pics anymore cell or wifi :man_shrugging:t2:
Let’s see if I can’t at least get the pic of the mint leaf I had to remove

2 Likes

Shit, one is too dark and one looks too light. It looks like they are competing for nutes as well. Yeah diff strains def different pots next time. I have one auto of the same strain that drinks twice as much water than the other 4 too. Plants are picky. I was reading the farmers almanac last night and other sights on veggie growing and read somewhere that garlic planted too close will steal all the nutes.

1 Like

The herbs may not like the mega crop. I know it’s safe for veggies though

1 Like

The cuttings in the water seem to love it at least. Same cuttings from the same mother plants too. They aren’t showing any burnt tips. Just super strong root growth and lots of flowering. In fact the stem that rooted is growing leaves finally too LoL.

What strength should I go with if it’s burning the mint and Basil? I don’t see any claws that are usually signifiers of nitrogen toxicity, but the worst that’s going to happen is I see I have to increase the feed strength again. I’ll use whatever the equivalent for 4 gallons is. Each girl is taking up a cubic foot in the bin. Plus if I don’t have to deal with the runoff I’m down to try it.

Oh for terpene production… regular sugar or black strap molasses is supposed to help

1 Like