My first bagseed grow

I was thinking that actually. Thanks to the aphids it probably has suffered a lot. It was the first one transplanted also, so IDK. I’m rooting for the baby. Once the root system gets connected I’m hoping it’ll help relieve stress across all of them. The stem on the little one has started to change color from the newest internode up so far. In the middle one it’s a almost black color purple.

They’re taking to the new setup well. The soil gets dry much faster, which can be a good thing. The runt is already improving. Seems to just be slower growing than the rest. It does have more room to grow than the rest, so if I end up with that baby as my only female (if I get 1) the spot she’s in works for root expansion.

1 Like

I’ve heard that capsaicin doesn’t harm plants at all, but bugs hate it. If I had access to dried ghost peppers I could grind and mix in the soil would that be bad or good? I’m going to brew the pipe tobacco tea today. I sat on that blunt too long and now I’m wanting to smoke a nice cherry taste.

1 Like

No clue never tried it bud. Like I said though your best bet is to scrap it and start fresh. Next soil you get sterilize it how I said earlier. I’d also stock up on soil now bc it’s so easy to sterilize right now. Otherwise you need to put it in the oven for 30 mins at 300 degrees pita.

1 Like

I still have to get the soil and rn my budget is pretty much nothing. Paying the electric bill will be a pain though. I have neem oil I can use also. Wish I could acquire good soil at this same pace as I find bits and pieces of what I need over time.

This is a grow I’m doing for my buddy also as he provided me with the seeds and soil. If he wants to see a better option he’ll have to fork up for the good soil. He’s giving me full control over grow method, but he is bugging me about going hydro repeatedly.

Actually if I can convert them to hydro I would. It might be better for my current options. I have the same type of bin as a youtube tutorial I saw for growing around 8 plants in a single bin

Once you get bugs they’ll stick around even after cloning. If you want to get into hydro I def suggest hempy buckets with perlite. Yet if is n issue perlite can get expensive and peat moss is still yur best bet. You can get a giant brick of peat for 11 and the more effort you spend on this grow is also the more $ you waist. Like I said b4 you need seeds I’m happy to help.

I just don’t want the seeds to be wasted on a learning experience though. I’m sure I’m going to screw it up until I have confidence. It’s like a lifeskill of mine to accidentally sabotage myself at each turn. I know why, but the behavior is so ingrained it’s hard to get that annoying ass training out my brain

Don’t get discouraged bud, I myself failed twice b4 I decided to invest into quality lights soil and nutes. It’s a part of the learning experience for most of us. I wasted good money on Dutch passion twilight and a chemo cross. Yet I did get the twilight to grow healthy just no buds. You’ll get there!

Took the pipe tobacco from this and rolled myself a nice blunt to relax with. I’ll brew it with the ghost pepper in a teaball lined with a coffee filter. Hopefully it helps them. I think I’m already too attached to this medium. My plant I took care of for 18 years I used as mulch to start these babies. Before I knew how to take care of plants I kept it alive for 5 years when it was rootbound, so I’m having high hopes for my ingenuity to eradicate these pests. I’m not selling this, so I’m fine if it costs me a little more to ensure Old Rubbie’s legacy is ensured. Even if I end up with all makes I’ll take the best one and make it a father if possible. I can use my place up in Maine to breed later once I learn to grow properly first.

Pics of my childhood plant I miss so much I’ll add once I find where I hid the pics

1 Like

Please do be careful with the nicotine, it is highly toxic and can be absorbed through the skin. Use gloves and dispose of the left over material carefully.

2 Likes

@ReikoX I have nitrile gloves if those will work. I did already know that, but thank you for looking out! :ok_hand:
I feel comfortable here and I’m glad you have my back in keeping me from accidentally killing myself from the things I might not be aware of.q

2 Likes

That’s such n over exaggeration. Nicotine is not this deadly drug the government makes it out to be. The reason they do is for the same reason they do everything, money. They make a synthetic pesticide that can be made by just one company and pay a few chemists. Which is being linked to so much damage. Then they demonize nicotine an all natural pesticide that can be grown by farmers for cheaper than synthetic.
Nicotine is as harmful as caffeine and there’s so many uses for it exp medical. I get 10% nicotine solution on my hands often with no ill effects.

3 Likes

A little caution never hurts. But looking at median lethal dose (LD50) caffeine has a value of 192 mg/kg, which is fairly toxic. Nicotine has a value of 13 mg/kg (estimated), somewhere around the same values as arsenic and cyanide.

I’ve had nicotine poisoning many times over in the last year, so at let in the case of it I’m fairly careful about the amount I consume in any form. Those shakes and the puking are awful.

1 Like

I must be immortal bc I’ve downed 100mg solution just bc I’m nuts. N I know guys that vape 36mg juice regularly.

My stepfather is one of those types. Just amazes me how some people just don’t get sick with a lot in their system at once

i’ve been sick as hell vaping high nicotine before… I like to taste a drop of juice to get a flavor profile. too much sometimes lol

1 Like

I have a few spots covered with companion plants. The garlic chive I have popping up all over should help a little. The cilantro if I remember correctly helps with root aphids, fungus gnats, and spider mites. I’ll maybe plant a marigold too. In combination with the tea I’m making and nematodes I can turn this infestation around

1 Like

One way or another it’ll b a learning experience

That was the plan. If I can get a legacy plant going I’ll be bringing her up to a safe area. If not at least I tried.

1 Like