My first bagseed grow

This growth pattern gets me every time LoL :ok_hand:
It looks to be a bud forming almost, but it always turns out to be new leaf growth.

1 Like

So I just saw a couple of mushrooms pop out of the soil. Should I leave them alone or is there types that I have to get rid of?

I did a little research and it seems to be a sign of healthy properly fed soil. Itā€™s only coming from 1 of the plants so far.
Should I take a picture? Theyā€™re tiny, but fast growing enough that I didnā€™t see them a hour ago.

I took a pic. Best I could do on short notice. Heading out now to head to my birth area for the festival.

1 Like

Just leave them, they wonā€™t hurt anything. They will likely go away as fast as the appeared.

1 Like

Iā€™m just hoping on free mycelium

I asked that question while I was still unsure, but I figured it was best to ask rather than assume. I also did my own research immediately after asking as a double measure. I can research all day, but I trust the word of those who have experience in my question area vs my own thoughts and opinions. I just try to ignore my own thoughts on matters as the anxiety and autism tend to take over those thoughts and make it hard to think logically. The stubborn nature of my autism keeps me stuck in my ways even when I should know better. Sometimes I need it spelled out for me if Iā€™m just not getting it. Just ignore the initial refusal for help. If you offer help and I seem to push you away, Iā€™m being stubborn even if I apear to be not listening I will be reading every word. Itā€™s a bad habit of mine. I do not know better and I can only parrot information as this is my first grow. The only information I have thatā€™s not traditional parroting is info passed on to me by my father and Grandpa. If anyoneā€™s still reading anyone mind telling me what the average yeild to expect is? I keep hearing those around me mention maybe 2oz from a few plants and Iā€™m seeing more than that from most every first time grows, so IDK. My father tells me if I follow his advice that I could expect a lb per plant and my grandfather tells me an oz per plant is what I can expect. Either one is good for a first grow, but obviously I would prefer to get closer to a lb per plant if I can get there one day. I really am not expecting anything near 1lb per plant. With the current issues Iā€™m really only expecting an oz at best if I even get a female. Itā€™s a learning experience, so Iā€™ll expect to get better as I go on.

1 Like

Long update aside can anyone advise me on what I should do once it comes time to flower? Itā€™s nearing that range soon. Iā€™ve heard I should start flowering at half the desired size, but Iā€™m mostly looking for specific tratis to show up before I start bloom.

Specifically Iā€™m waiting for each to be big enough to support the flowering weight and healthy enough to produce a decent yeild. Anything other than that is a bonus as far as Iā€™m concerned. If those mushrooms stay Iā€™ve heard they produce co2. Plus tbh theyā€™ll help to reduce the mulch/peat/uncomposted matter and make it into proper planting soil. Eventually. Itā€™ll probably take a year overall, but if I leave this bin alone after harvest and work with it the fungi might turn it into a proper soil one day.

1 Like

How bad would it be if I had them have a longer night schedule than normal for 1 night? I did not fully think out plans in case I couldnā€™t make it home on time.
If I left now Iā€™d make it home in time to last put for 8 hours. Only now I see the true importance timer switches. Anyways I can make it home, but no lie I want to sleep rn. Just lmk if I need to light a fire under my ass if you see this any time soon. Iā€™m taking a dab now, so Iā€™ll be awake for and hour. Usually just getting comfortable, but either way again:

TL;DR If I should rush home to turn on the lights tell me now. Otherwise Iā€™ll pass out in a hour and be home in roughly 13 hours. I really wish I had someone to help me when I donā€™t have a timer at 1amšŸ˜‘. I chose the worst time to start their cycle.

Wellā€¦ I passed out before I could get home. Iā€™ll be getting a mechanical timer ASAP. Letā€™s hope the long sleep doesnā€™t cause me too many issues down the line. If I trusted anyone to go in my house thatā€™s not family when Iā€™m not home, Iā€™d have asked a friend last night to help out.

Best/Worst case scenario: I find the males/herms and get them gone if any of them are female. If all I have are herms, then Iā€™ll make lemonade.
If I get all males: Iā€™ll just collect the pollen and store it for later. Fridge or freezer? Itā€™ll be in a mason jar unless it needs air.

It appears one might be flowering now. I canā€™t tell. They had 12 hours of sleep, but the light comes in strong early morning on those windows, so idk how much sleep they got overall.

Altogether they look great though. Even if they didnā€™t get any airflow all night. The mushrooms are spreading across the soil top now. It definitely seems to be fungal dominated.
I just had to water again. The soil was bone dry when I finally got to it to check. I stuck my finger up to my 2nd knuckle and it felt dryer than Iā€™m comfortable with. Also the Reservoir was empty too. The heat wave must have made them drink a lot last night. When I watered I was hearing a crackling like how baking soda and vinegar sound. I watered with 1/2 strength fertilizer. Waterd with 1.5 gallons. 1 cup at a time until the soil looked good with no dry patches. Not moist either. The soil sucked it up like a straw. I was hearing runoff after I finished watering. Looks like Iā€™ll be watering more often now. Normal water until itā€™s feeding time again.

One looks to have light bleaching. It feels normal in the area. Just no clorophyll.

1 Like

Youā€™re girls are getting bigger now, so you will have to water more often. Thatā€™s totally normal. Get a timer, they arenā€™t very expensive.

1 Like

The other 2 are still stunted, but starting to grow more leaves now. Idk maybe they just can only grow that big for whatever reason. Who knows :thinking: they could be huge soon. Maybe theyā€™re building up energy as they spread their roots getting ready. They both have plenty of room around them to grow, so maybe itā€™s just the water is stunting them. Iā€™ll wait until they catch up to the rest before I start flowering. I want them nice and tall first though. I have enough height. 10 foot ceiling

1 Like

Now Iā€™m at a impass. I have 2 months left at my place and I donā€™t want to flower yet. These wonā€™t be that portable either. Iā€™ll be looking for a new place, but Iā€™m positive unless I magically get a mortgage I canā€™t grow these as planned now. Anyone have any advice on my options?

1 Like

I donā€™t want to harvest them early. I guess I have a :fire: lit under my ass now. Iā€™ll have to try my best for that painters job to keep me afloat long enough to get my own place. I canā€™t afford a place anywhere near my current place. Minimum wage doesnā€™t even cover rent anywhere near. Iā€™ll have to pass a drug test most likely. Few jobs pay a livable wage that I can get easily. Problem is Iā€™ve had to pass on many. Even a 100k yearly salary job as I had no way to pass a drug test, plus thereā€™s random ones there too. Ranting aside Iā€™ll have to pull all the stops in negotiations when I get my next job. One of my friends is a manager at a Panera nearby. Iā€™ll have to ask them who to call for a baker job if I want to avoid tests altogether. Otherwise Iā€™m stuck as a scumbag salesman selling product at a 600% markup. Itā€™s why I left those jobs. I canā€™t sell pills that are just household spices plus yohimbe and keep promising itā€™ll ā€œmake you biggerā€ and selling a 30 pill bottle for 150. I have a conscience.

2 Likes

I have a second fan on now. They didnā€™t seem to have enough force to the airflow. The leaves werenā€™t moving at all. The stems are staying put, but the leaves are moving around. How should I link a video to see if itā€™s too much?

The sativa as always is having a tough adjustment.
Soon after I completed this setup the room just reeked of weed LoL. The light coverage is significantly improved now. I can see the soil with no shade finally. I rearranged the fans in new spots to better accommodate the dense growth. They just werenā€™t moving at all anymore. Had to add a second fan also. Now I see a rustling, but not a waving. Stems are still stationary. Just the leaves move around. Not catching the wind like a sail either.

1 Like

While Iā€™m learning expect frequent updates. Iā€™m stubborn and donā€™t write them by hand, but my handwriting is severely impaired from underdeveloped motor controls. Itā€™s easier to type on a phone. Leave alone the cramping from my bent pinkies. I found a old tablecloth from a previous job I never tossed. I used it on the door to block light keeping leaks out. I have a blackout curtain I can install to block the occasional light leak from the street light across the street. Iā€™ll have to get a new one for the other one. Iā€™ll use caulking and gorilla tape to seal the gaps. If Iā€™m not able to keep most of my shit anyways this bad situation is what I needed to finally sell all the shit Iā€™ve ratted away since childhood. Nostalgia is one thing, but I need to get enough money to move near a well paying job first. Time to stop being a shut in. If Iā€™m going to grow these Iā€™ll need the 1000w HPS and accessories plus nutes and a extra bulb for 150. Iā€™ll be just doing all I can to grow these as big as possible. If I luck out and theyā€™re female I get a lot. If I get screwed with a lot of expensive equipment I got for really cheap, oh well Iā€™ll flip it. Hell I could do that instead of growing with it and get a car finally. While it sucks I can couch surf as long as I have a car.

In case anyone reads these I do these rants to keep myself on track of where I want to be. I never delete arguments as I use them as a learning experience.

I also use these as a way to remember notes for later in case I find something interesting. Plus if anyone tells me thatā€™s a bad idea and explains why Iā€™ll listen. Iā€™m reasonable despite my stubborn nature.

1 Like

Now to calm my nerves.
Iā€™m by no means a light user. I qualify as a heavy user now. 10g daily ATM.

And for a size comparison

Time to get fucked up and forget my worries for a bit

2 Likes

Looks like Iā€™ll need to start lst asap. Theyā€™re too packed together.
Also one is making me curious as to what itā€™s doing. I wish I had a maceo lens that I could use to show you good pics s to help me figure out why it seems to be flowering and then not. It sounds like reveg, but I donā€™t think theyā€™re old enough to show sex yet right?

I looked closer and the long spike looking growth is where they show sex right? I have a spot near the top of one that I thought was flowering yesterday and today I looked closer and saw what looked to be a single hair coming out of a ball or teardrop. Iā€™ll get a macro lens soon, but how long do I have and why would this show sex before the rest or am I mistakenly seeing a growth that would be a new branch next to a branch that already grew a branch in the corner