My first ever indoor grow

You seem to be an auto guru here. I have a question about them. I got access to a few beans and am wondering if there is anything different about growing them than photos. When in my guerilla days 20 yrs ago they were just a whisper on the wind in my neck of the woods. Plan on maybe starting some to fill out my grow but may just wait till my next run haven’t totally decided on that issue yet. Any info would be much appreciated.

2 Likes

I would say the main difference is the fixed veggative cycle. If you mess up, there is no opportunity to fix the issue and veg longer.

Check out my auto projects thread

This is a good basic overview by @Mr.Sparkle
A Basic Guide to Autoflowers

6 Likes

Thanks much. Time to read more, as if my reading list isn’t overflowing already lol. But seriously this is a rather good place I was turned onto and people like you just make it better. I just hope I prove worthy.

5 Likes

Well I’ve been out of town for the last 2 days and my significant other apparently couldn’t be bothered to water my seedlings as asked and Had said that they would I lost 2 more.
Only have one mk ultra left. I’m going to have to figure out how to keep them watered indoors before I pop any other beans.
Also just proves to me that I can’t trust anyone but myself for anything.

5 Likes

sadly it is how it goes :frowning: sometimes

2 Likes

Truth right there. I just wish I knew how to change myself from being the one who is always there for ppl to an unreliable person.
Because if I say I’m doing something for someone it gets done every time. But when I need help no-one ever seems to have my back.

2 Likes

as we may say that from time to time when someone lets us down

which we believed would not :frowning:

in the end changing like that is bad for us as an individual

I am an old person and have not lived a charmed life

and have been a very very horrible person

but in the beginning of 2019 I decided to do a the least one

random act of kinds a day

as my Grandmother always told me “as you sow so shall you reap”

when I was young I thought what a load of bullshit

as I got older I learned that what I thought I knew and what I really knew were two different things

so my friend do not let this change you for the bad let it help to become a better person

also if I can help you in anyway please always feel free to PM and I will do what I can

all the best and enjoy the day

Dequilo

10 Likes

Thanks for the kind words, my grandmother and grandfather told me the same thing when they raised me. I’ll do my best to keep my chin up. It’s just rough being there for ppl and getting treated bad in return.
Time to order a drip irrigation parts and get that dialed in so I can leave if needed and things will still be alive when I return home.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t change your traits. Being reliable is good. I would just be more discerning about what you say yes to. It’s what I do.

6 Likes

That’s part of my problem I know. I tend to say yes more than no…

3 Likes

Well for shots and giggles when I up potted the remaining healthy mk I also did the dead fallen over one and the cackleberry also. And I’ll be damned if both didn’t stand up and show signs of life today there still hope for em yet. The pic is the cackleberry sprouting new little leaves. If they take off and grow I don’t know how I’ll have gotten so lucky. Fingers crossed.

8 Likes

For an update. The cackleberry didn’t make it so I only have the one mk ultra left. I guess I didn’t have quite enough light and the mk kinda stalled on me and just didn’t do much. I did get a hold of a blurple light from a friend till my 400w comes in and in the 2 days it’s been under it it has started to take off. So I’m content with that atm. Finally got my mites in also and gave it it’s first dose yesterday. I’m using Gh maxigro and bloom for the run. Seems easy enough and will last a long while at 2.5 lbs per bag I don’t think I’ll need nutes for a min. Will post a pic of the mk later today when it’s back to lights on.

5 Likes

9 Likes

And in the blue cup is a dragonsblood hashplant clone I received a few days ago. The second pic is the mk ultra. They are under the new light. It’s 400w mh for veg then hps for flower when it’s time. The mk had it’s first shot of nutes 2 days ago first gal of water mixed at the recommended 5 grams per gallon. Both seem happy so far. Will update more as time progresses.

4 Likes

Also I’m thinking of starting a couple of autos just to fill in the area I have. Not looking for massive harvest right now, that will come later. I’m just making sure I can be successful indoors.

4 Likes

This is good thinking. However, don’t sell yourself short - just give them enough veg time and training to fill in your canopy as best you can. A few extra weeks of veg makes a big difference. So does LST

Your yield will thank you.

4 Likes

Well here is how the mk ultra is looking today. It’s loving it’s new light source.
Gave em both a dose of nutes tonight. Not sure how much. I
just water till it starts to run off just a bit unless I’m doing a flush for whatever reason.

10 Likes

Today’s update. Topped the mk at the 4th node also got her final pot ready and will most likely transfer her to it in a day or two. The dragonblood is still chugging along, not much new growth yet but it’s not dying neither so I’mma say it’s doing alright so far.

9 Likes

Moved the mk to her new home this evening. A full 3 gallons of growing room. I must say I’m liking how compact she is growing so far. Now that she has room to stretch her feet so to speak I’m hoping for some nice growth soon.

8 Likes

If someone could answer this on timing schedule. The timer I started off with took a shit and had to be returned. My question is will it affect anything by shifting the light cycle an hour or 2 a day till I get my lights synced up with the natural day schedule. My lights off time is during daylight hours right now and I’m wanting to switch it back to lights off at nighttime.

3 Likes